Monday, November 21, 2011

An Ode to My Husband

This past weekend I went to visit some of my college gals for our traditional "Girls Weekend."  As you read in my post last week, Nolan and I both are sick with a cold.  When I left on Friday, I really thought he was on the mend and doing better.  Little did I know that he was not and actually still pretty sick.  And since it's Thanksgiving week this post seemed approriate for why I'm thankful for my husband.  Here's the "past weekend" reasons I am thankful for him:
  • Thanks for getting up in the wee hours of the morning aka 1am-5am to help our little boy when he's got so much mucus and drainage that he can't sleep.  You holding him and patting his back helped him feel better and let him get some rest.
  • Thanks for being creative.  Aspirating Nolan's nose on your own is not an easy task (I mean does any kid like this?) but you put your thinking cap on and wrapped him in a towel so you could help clear out that clogged nose!
  • Thanks for being a trooper.  Even after no sleep, you played and played with Nolan.  That's why he races to see you as soon as you get home.
  • Thanks for using/washing cloth diapers while I was gone.  Sure it's not big deal when it's not a #2 diaper, but a #2 diaper while the boy is sick...well that can be a little stinky and tricky.  You stepped up to the plate and cleaned them up like a champ.
  • Thanks for cleaning up the thrown up Goldfish Nolan threw up after a nap.  I'm sure that smell made you want to hurl, but you effectively changed the bed sheet, Nolan's clothes, your clothes, and the side of the crib.  That's some mad dad skills!
  • Thanks for just being you.
Nolan sleeping on Daddy...just a few days old!

Please keep Nolan in your prayers that he's feeling better by Turkey day.  He seems to be doing better but that little cough just breaks your heart!

33 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your husband! He's such a good daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Rob got put through the ringer! Kuddos to him for really stepping to the plate. Hope Nolan feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh poor baby hope he gets better real soon!! and that is what a partnership is between you and your husband how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great husband and Daddy! Keeping my fingers crossed your little guy gets better. Will had the same thing and the cough just lingers. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww sweet daddy love!!!

    praying he feels better soon and your hubs catches up on good sleep to recover and praying for you too mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your little guy is still sick, but so glad you have someone wonderful helping you out! Sending prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Nolan, I hope he starts feeling better! Your husband sounds like a great dad and such a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a good husband to take care of a sick kiddo while you are away. I hope Nolan feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, I was really hoping things would have turned around by now. I will definitely pray for him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, what a sweet tribute to your husband.
    I sure hope your little guy is feeling better soon!!
    I always rub some Vicks Baby Rub on their chest or back when they have a cold...it seems to help some :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh goodness...I really hope he starts feeling better SOON..poor guy:( And this is such a sweet post...you are SO lucky to have such a wonderful husband (I'm lucky like that too:)) - it certainly makes for a happy family:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh poor Nolan, I hope he gets better real soon.

    And your husband is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet! Aw and I hope your little Nolan is feeling better so he can enjoy Thanksgiving fully!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww. He's sounds like a great husband.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great husband and I hope the little guy is feeling better real soon!! And when you said he threw up a goldfish, I did not think of the cracker variety first up lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great guy! That's a lot for anyone to tackle alone. I'll be saying a prayer for Nolan.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poor little guy! What a great dad, though! Y'all are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that is a super dad! How awesome all of the great things he did.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love a good dad! Aren't they awesome. I'll be praying for Nolan. My little man has an ugly cough too. I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope Nolan will be better soon. A good husband which we can rely to is really a God's gift. Enjoy your thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet post! Your hubby is such a great daddy - #2 diapers and all! :) I really hope Nolan gets all the way better SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw, I hope he feels better and big big cheers for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awe, he sounds like such a great Daddy! Poor Nolan, Hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. He sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh poor lil guy! I really hope he does feel better soon.
    And seriously, good husbands are so hard to find, but they are the best! I often think that single mommas are so strong, bc I would go insane for sure if I didn't have a hubby to help me out in days like this.

    ReplyDelete
  26. He's such a wonderful husband and father. Praying that Nolan will be all better by Turkey Day. Have a great Thanksgiving friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awwww, this is precious!! He is definitely a trooper!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful tribute to your hubby! it's so important to say these things, you know.

    and here...daddy is totally on clean up puke brigade. he knows I can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a sweet tribute to your A+ husband. Hope the little guy feels so much better soon and I hope you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  30. I hope my husband is as good with our baby when we start a family!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I hope Nolan's better now.
    Your husband's so sweet! Men like him are hard to come by these days :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips