Friday, August 16, 2013

Ham and Tomato Pie, My Fave Go-To Dish!

Recently, many of my friends in my mom group just welcomed baby bundle #2 to their families.  I don't know if you are familiar with Take them a Meal, but it's a great resource to use when coordinating meals for moms with new babies at home.  We've used it several times, and it works out great and even sends you a reminder.

One of the meals I love to prepare is Ham and Tomato Pie.  It is really easy and soooo tasty!

Ingredients:

  • (8-oz.) package diced cooked ham
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onions (about 4 onions)
  • (9-inch) frozen unbaked pie shell
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
  • medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced 
  • large egg 
  • 1/3 cup half-and-half
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • Garnishes: fresh basil sprigs, tomato slices

  • Prep:
  • 1. Sauté ham and green onions in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until ham is brown and any liquid evaporates.
  • 2. Brush bottom of pie shell evenly with mustard; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon ham mixture evenly over cheese, and top with single layer of sliced tomatoes.
  • 3. Beat egg and half-and-half with a fork until blended; pour over tomatoes. Sprinkle evenly with basil, pepper, and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
  • 4. Bake on lowest oven rack at 425° for 20 to 23 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve; garnish, if desired.

  • Enjoy!!!
Natalie

13 comments:

  1. That looks really good and easy! I never would have guessed there was only one egg in it! Definitely going to try it. Do you think it could pass for breakfast too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! Tomatoes and cheese really are a winning combination, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy and would be the PERFECT storking meal for a new mom! :)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so good! I pinned the recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love, love, love savory pies. That's why I loved the Pie Man on Food Network Star. He didn't win, but he put grilled cheese into a pie once. And people liked it! I think this looks much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm eager to try new recipes now :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm eager to try new recipes now :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds good and so nice that you can make it in a disposable dish so you don't have to worry about getting your dish back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so yummy! W loves ham so I will be trying this very soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum. That sounds like a great summer meal. Are you bringing me some?

    ReplyDelete
  11. that looks sooo yummy!!
    definitely adding that to my Go-To recipes box.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips