Friday, August 30, 2013

Gettin' My Sew On

Happy Friday friends!

We are leaving for the beach tomorrow, so I'll be taking off from the blog world to enjoy some sand between my toes.  Ahhh....I can hear the waves now!

I have shared with you before that I am learning to sew, but I haven't shared with you some of my easy projects I have completed for my friends that have recently had babies.

I have sewn quite of few of these contoured burp cloths from this tutorial.  It is super easy, and even a beginner like me can do these.


Have you seen my Gettin' My Sew On Pinterest board?  It's pinned with mostly easy projects that even a novice such as myself can do.

Here's another one of my favorites to do:



And here's a few I'd like to try:



I also have made a swaddle from a pattern I received at Christmas.

Do you sew or do you want to learn?

Natalie

17 comments:

  1. Great projects! I need to try the burp cloth one. My "go to" baby sewing projects have been ribbon blankets (great for a beginner!), stroller blankets and car seat covers. Will check out your board. Enjoy the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't sew. It's something that I've always wanted to learn. My grandmother used to make the most beautiful things. I really should have been paying attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the worst crafter ever, but I actually can sew! I really love it! It's great to find just the right fabric for a project instead of having to settle for whatever you can buy! Have fun at the beach! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely wish I could sew.
    Since I am beyond the baby stage now, I am not sure exactly what I would sew, but I am sure I could find very handy uses.

    If you like the idea of reusable food storage, check out Abeego. My mom recently introduced me to it. I haven't got any myself yet, but she says they are great. And I hear there are DIY on Pinterest.
    Looking forward to seeing future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally want to learn to sew! I just don't know when I'll be able to afford a sewing machine. I should probably start looking at second hand stores are yard sales. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot...enjoy your vacation!

      Delete
  6. My daughter said to me recently, "It's really time for you to learn to sew! I keep having rips and you keep giving them to Grandma!" True story.
    May your beach vacation have much more sun than mine did! And may you not use the internet because you're too busy having a beach vacation. I was inside on dark and cool nights, reading blogs, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all have fun at the beach....jealous! I really want to learn how to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh have fun at the beach!!! I'm jealous!!

    Lexie is learning to sew. We brought her sewing machine over here with us, so she's been working on little projects like pillows. I wish I knew more about it so I could help her progress a little more. Youtube tutorials, here we come! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot sew. Even my button attempts fall off, sadly enough.
    Hope you have a wonderful time at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, very cute! I can't sew to save my life. :)
    Hope you had a great time away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've attempted to sew. I can do some projects (very small), but my forte is crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are having an amazingly awesome time at the beach! We got away for the weekend too it was so nice but it making today that much harder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have so much fun at the beach!!! Can't wait to hear all about it:) I took my blog break last week...hence the comment catch up. Loved catching up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the fabric you chose. Hope you have a great time at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh sand between the toes sounds heavenly. Enjoy! These burp clothes are adorable, and I'm sure much appreciated for moms of new babies. I have tried a couple of times to learn to sew but I think I lack patience and the steadiness of hand.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crafty crafty! We love our "Corporate to Domestic" originals!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips