Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Baby is not a Baby Anymore

As I look at the calendar, it's hard to believe in less than a month my baby will be a year old.

I'm going to include his 10 month photos in another post (yes I am that behind!), but as I printed out his birthday invitations yesterday I realized the countdown had begun.

HE WILL BE A YEAR OLD IN LESS THAN A MONTH.

BAM. That really hit me in the face.

Don't get me wrong he really does seem like a baby in the fact that he's still getting mobile in his unique way....but his independence is starting to show and so are his food preferences.

But my boys are growing up. One is talking in complete sentences, asking questions every second, wearing underwear, and pretty much understanding every word I say to him.  And those legs? When did he get so tall? HE WILL BE THREE SOON!  I felt like I just had him let alone have another baby turning one.

I have been putting away or selling many of my baby items because we aren't looking to have number three for a few more years.

As I am excited about it, I am also a little sad.  I have many friends having baby #2 right now, and I find myself missing it.  But in reality I know I don't miss those sleepless or shower less nights/days.

But I can't help but feel a little twinge when I here their progress from a doctor's appointment. Giving birth is such a miracle...and hearing a birth story is always something that touches my heart.

They are only a baby for so long and before you know it, that moment in time has passed.


Natalie

20 comments:

  1. Oh, I know this. My littlest is 14 months old, walking, saying words. Dude. Sigh,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time has flown at my house. It seems like yesterday that my guy was little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so true! I can't believe he's almost one! This time last year we were all on baby watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still in the showerless nights/days. But I am getting sleep - yeah! It's just that every time I get in the shower, the baby cries. It's like he understands what the running water means. Lol.

    Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness natalie, i cant believe its been almost a year since conley was born...that is just crazy!!!! These kids do grow to fast...Kate did some time in the bumbo this morning and it just made me realize that things change SO fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a life moment! Those upcoming milestone birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get this. Tiny is 19 months old today. 19 months... gone in a blink. And she's the last, so I'm really jealous of people with little ones right now. Sleepless nights and all! (ok, I'm not jealous of sleepless nights!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember so clearly the month leading up to my first turning one. It was really hard. I definitely felt like I had a little period of grief about saying goodbye to that first year. Hugs to you!-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. It goes so quickly...its like a blink of an eye. I can remember when my 16 year old when he was a baby...and now he's 16!!! One is a lot of fun - smiling just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does go so fast; I remember feeling the same way at one year. Actually, I still feel that way at birthdays - and my guys just turned 9 and 4.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know exactly how you feel when you talk about a little twinge when you hear of someone expecting! At the same time, I'm on your team with the waiting several years! We think a lot a like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel that way..baby #1 turned four yesterday. Baby #2 turned one last month. I feel a twinge of envy when I hear about others experiencing it for the first or second time. I just don't know if a third is in the cards for us. Not anytime soon!
    My guy is 12 months and totally mobile in his unique way too. He started scooting at 10 months and now it's crawl-scooting. He stands too but I don't see walking happening soon. And I'm ok with that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I can't believe it's already been a year. I guess time flies with the second one, huh? I feel like Nolan & Donut were so little when I first met you in the blogging world & now they are talking, interacting and becoming actual people!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm totally having major baby fever but Micah isn't on board :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tell me about it. My 2nd is turning 5 next week. 5! And I still remember the heart-punching moment that struck me when he turned 1.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That moment passes WAY too quickly. I am in the same boat, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know! I can't believe how fast they grow! Especially the second one. And don't feel bad I just took my 10 month old to his 9 month checkup yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i cant imagine how quickly it goes by... but it also must be so fun to watch them grow and learn new things :)

    cant wait to see his birthday pictures, i am sure its going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It goes ridiculously fast! I just cannot believe how this year has flown...

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh so true how time flies! Before you know it he will be 6 and 4!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips