Monday, June 10, 2013

Old School Blogging: ABC's

Tag you are it!  That's what happened to me over the weekend I was tagged by the lovely Alison and Katie (who I met in real life!) for the ABC's of Old School Blogging. If you want to join in the fun, link up with The Miss Elaine-ous Life and let's hear your ABC's!


A) Attached or Single? Attached for the past 12 years, and married for almost 6 years.

B) Best friend? My best friend is definitely my husband. He's been there for me through everything and is still here!

C) Cake or Pie? Cake, and chocolate cake at that!

D) Day of choice? Probably Friday....or maybe Saturday.

E) Essential item? Definitely my iPhone...and a bottle of water. I feel lost if I don't have either!

F) Favorite color? Hmmm...that's actually hard for me to answer. Used to be blue, but I do love a good pink or purple.

G) Gummy bears or worms? I would have said I loved the sour worms, but recently I have been eating Nolan's Annie fruit bunny snacks (like gummy bears) and they are pretty much AMAZING!

H) Hometown? A small town that most people have never heard of!

I) Favorite Indulgence? A good cup of coffee, a good book, or my toes in the sand at a beach.

J) January or July? Winter is my least favorite season, so I'm going to go with July!

K) Kids? Two little boys!

L) Life isn't complete without? My husband, my beautiful two boys, my close friends, good food, and good books!

M) Marriage date? A beautiful fall September day in 2007.

N) Number of brothers/sisters? One brother.

O) Oranges or apples? Apples. I'm not much of an orange fan, but my husband and son love them!

P) Phobias? I don't think I could ever learn to be a diver...in fear of being stuck underwater...or being in a submarine.

Q) Quotes? Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein

R) Reasons to smile? My boys or husband being sweet or saying something funny, a favorite song, a good book, a glass of wine, or a day at the beach.

S) Season of choice? Fall is by far my favorite. It always reminds me of going back to school, and there is nothing better than the crisp fall air.

T) Tag 5 People: Amanda, EmilyErin, Cam, and Lindsay!

U) Unknown fact about me? I always thought it would be cool to learn how to play the violin.

V) Vegetable? Zucchini or yellow squash.

W) Worst habit? According to my husband, I never close the toothpaste tube all the way which drives him crazy because some always ends up squeezing out all over the cap.

X) X-ray or ultrasound? I'm going to say ultrasound since it has been of my babies and the x-rays have been two broken bones when I was young.

Y) Your favorite food? Mexican food!

Z) Zodiac sign? Scorpio

Now it's your turn :)

Are you following on Bloglovin? Make sure you do since Google Reader will be going away in July!


Natalie

18 comments:

  1. Fun post! TOTALLY with you on July over ANY season in the winter. Yuck! I have only one brother too and could eat Mexican every night forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reasons to smile - they are great ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun!! Thanks for tagging me! I will do this this week for sure :-)

    We had a couple that were exactly the same :-) yuck on oranges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought knowing how to play the violin would be fun, too! :) Love all these posts...they are so much fun to read!-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so long as you don't squeeze the toothpaste in the middle. My husband does that and it makes me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scorpios and fall weddings rock. Ok, I might be a little biased. ;) And funny about the toothpaste. Mine used to be bugged by the way I squeezed ours. I just squeezed the middle - not working it up from the bottom. So I finally bought one of those things from the dollar store that you roll up the tube as you use it. I can still squeeze it in the middle, but all the paste is rolled to the top so he's happy too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a beautiful family! Great to meet you through Old School Blogging.

    I love to have my toes in the sand at the beach too, so wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your worst habit made me laugh, because it would have annoyed me too :)
    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I love Mexican food! And I'm right there with you about the iPhone. If I leave home without it, I feel like I'm missing my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always have a bottle of water with me, too.

    Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh Mexican food is my favorite, too! Do you have some favorite recipes for cooking with zucchini and squash? Caleb planted quite a few zucchini plants this year and I'm not quite sure what to do with all of the zucchinis we will get!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey you are a scorpio too! :) Oh yes I love love a good book and it would be an indulgence for me too as I really get lost in it.
    I am the same with the apples thing, every once in a while an orange tastes really good but most of the time I just don't care for them as much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the tag!!! I didn't know we got married the same year. How crazy. Not only are our kids really close in age but our anniversaries are close too. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always thought it would be cool to play the violin too! Oh and sinking my toes in the sand at the beach--there's nothing like it. The beach is one of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I def feel lost without my iPhone too!!! And fall, oh how I love fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like fun!!! I'm definitely gonna do it #SITSsharefest

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chocolate Cake is awesome. So are iPhones and bottles of water. Your family pics are so, so sweet! Glad I found you on #SITSsharefest today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mexican is my favorite, too!! We must be kindred food spirits, b/c zucchini and squash are in my top five, too! Here in London, a zucchini is called a courgette. Weird, right? :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips