Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Random Thoughts Wednesday

I am calling today mom-brain random thoughts Wednesday...who's with me?

1) Our A/C unit went out last weekend the day before a 90 degree day. AWESOME!

2) It was fixed on Monday because we were too cheap to have someone come on Sunday. Let's just say that felt like the longest day on the planet. Or the hottest? It was 85 in the house even at night!

3) Conley now has a second tooth. You can barely see it, but it's there.

4) I started attending classes at Real Hot Yoga, and I really am liking it.  Have you tried it? One class gets up to 105 degrees!

5) I'm really excited about going white water rafting this weekend!

6) I have started to search for condos to stay in for our family vacation to the beach in September. It really gives me a headache. I seriously hate searching for the best deal!

7) Did you notice I updated the photos in the sidebar? I will soon share the rest from Conley's 9 month session.

8) I ordered Conley's birthday shirt, banner, favors, and invitations.  I can't believe he's almost one!

9) We are going to take the boys to the aquarium in a few weeks, and I can't wait...I think Nolan will love it.

10) I am going to attempt to take Nolan to a $1 summer movie that the movie theaters offer around here. I think he will do great! First movie up is Rio...now to find a babysitter for C...

11) We have officially upgraded Conley to a bigger car seat. Say goodbye infant carrier! This means I have successfully went to the store with both boys, some with Nolan walking some with him in the big part of the cart. I also have eaten lunch with Nolan in a booster and Conley in a highchair. I feel like I should get a gold star!

12) I am thinking of taking a bloggy break next week--no writing and no reading blogs. I haven't really taken a break in over a year, so I thought it might be a good time and just to enjoy the summer.

And this post wouldn't be complete without some random photos of the boys!


How's your random Wednesday going?

Natalie

19 comments:

  1. I feel like our second borns have a lot in common! Des has two teeth at one-years-old. Most of his friends have tons! And he didn't learn to crawl until somewhere in the 10th month. And we just upgraded his carseat! He's a very mellow guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. White water rafting?! That is something I would love to do at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No a/c is miserable! I so need a beach vacation. Obviously I can't go anywhere right now. And take a break, girl! A break from online is always a good thing. We'll see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. White water rafting?? That sounds so fun!
    And yes, take a break! Sometimes that is exactly what you need. We will be here when you come back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking a planned break is always good for the soul, do it!

    The boys are really growing up fast. Enjoy your weekend and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you were able to get your AC fixed!
    The boys are growing up so quickly! I'm sure I don't need to tell you that. :)
    Which beach are y'all heading to? I sure wish we could fit in another beach trip this year but now sure if we can make that happen.
    Enjoy your break! We'll be here when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ugh on the AC ours isn't working either! I need to call the guy today. Thankfully it hasn't been super hot here! yay on teeth! I have never tried the hot yoga but a friend of mine LOVES it! Have fun rafting! I loved it the few times I have been! Oh man I love the aquarium! You totally get a gold star! Breaks are definitely good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted to try white water rafting. It looks like such fun. Have a great weekend and enjoy the break over the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the boys are growing up so fast and adorable at that.

    I've tried hot yoga and bikram yoga before, so challenging but good. Love it.

    Enjoy your blogging break, your white water rafting weekend and the rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think our son is teething. How do you handle the pain of teeth coming in?

    We're going to the Aquarium tomorrow. He's to young to enjoy it much, but I'll have fun showing him the fish and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your break! And your summer!

    I've never taken a hot yoga class before, but during the school year I have a daily class I like to take. I've always been curious about the hot classes though. I'm just not sure I could manage in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have totally sweated out the No A/C to save on paying for Sunday service. I am right there with you!
    I took a blogging break in December and it was much needed. I may take another one around the time I move. Sometimes, it's good to unplug. And I love the new photos. Such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always good to take a little blogging break in the summer. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pics!

    We would be the same way about the AC. I'm far too cheap to pay for it on weekend rates!

    As much yoga as I've done- I've only ever taken 2 hot classes. I felt kinda dizzy. I've never really done all that well in extreme heat(funny given where I live).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Real Hot Yoga in the summer?! Girl, you need to move closer to me and motivate me to go with you because that is intense!

    And wow, those boys! I just can't get over how cute they are!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have fun rafting! Awesome!!
    Enjoy your bloggy break. You deserve it!! --The Dose Girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why is everyone's AC going out all of a sudden! Craziness in all this heat. I slept at the parents house until my guy can come out. I'm cheap too :) Enjoy your break this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oy. I don't think I could've lived without air conditioning.
    Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your family pictures in the side bar and I love these cute pics of your boys too, Nolan's eyes in the pic where he is looking up are gorgeous :)
    Enjoy your little blogging break, I have had mine so now it's back to it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips