Have you ever just woken up and been in the worst mood ever? That's me today. I seriously must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed because I am one short fuse today.
It's probably because I've been sick since last Thursday. I was thinking Conley was just having allergies, but in reality it was cold that he passed on to Nolan and myself.
Luckily the boys just had runny noses. My cold however started with a burn in my throat and has continued to be a doozy with snotty/runny nose and a cough that really hurts.
Before kids, I rarely got sick. Now it seems it happens more often, and when I get them they linger forever. And then they usually turn into some type of sinus infection. I never had a sinus infection before kids! UGH! My SIL and my mom stopped by on their way to the beach, and my SIL was like, "Do you have allergies? Because it seems like you are always congested." I had to laugh because she's really only known me since I've been pregnant....and when I'm pregnant I'm all stuffy...both times. I also saw her at Christmas which was when we were all recovering from a cold---so yep I was all congested.
I'm not sure what being pregnant did to me---but it definitely messed up my immune system and my sinuses.
Conley is also teething....he only has one bottom tooth, and it's not even all the way up. We really are going to have a long road with this little guy. Oh and not to mention Nolan is continually testing me lately. Not sure if it's cold...or his age but that boy is really pushing my limits.
So that's me this Monday...all Debbie Downer.
How is your week starting out? Hopefully better than mine!
Don't forget to follow us on Bloglovin!
Natalie
Nah, I'm in the same boat. Very foul-mood here. And like you I never got sick before kids. And also - my first sinus infection? When I was pregnant last spring. My second sinus infection? A week or two after he was born. The doctor told me one more in 2012 and I'd have to see a specialist. Luckily I'm a few weeks away from a whole year without allergies, a cold or a sinus infection. I don't know how. Probably the flonase I inhale. And my baby is getting over a cold AND teething AND having a growth spurt. Oh, it's not fun here. Did I mention it's raining? I hope misery loves company, but I hope even more our days get better.
ReplyDeleteHang in there, sweetie! I hope you feel better really soon. No need to apologize either, EVERY SINGLE PERSON has days like this! Some people more than others. ;o)
ReplyDeleteMy immune system was awful, awful, awful when I was working. I caught everything that anyone brought to the office from their kids at home or daycare. Now I rarely get sick...knock on wood. But I wake up in a bad mood at least once a week. :) I hate it because my patience is so short on those days.
ReplyDeletewww.hautemommyblog.com
Oh no! Aren't those kinds of days tough? Hope things get better! So glad you are human and have bad days :)
ReplyDeleteMy kids have been around awhile and call these the days "the other mommy" comes to look after them. LOL
ReplyDeleteand really, you do have to laugh about it eventually because we all have days where we wake up on the wrong side of the bed. for no apparent reason every little thing sets us off. every person experiences this - why not moms too?
so actually - you're completely normal!! Yeah!! Rejoice.
haha
Oh no!! I so hope your cold goes away and the week turns around for y'all! I've got a sick husband at home and a toddler sort of on the mend and a million things I'd rather be doing than sitting at work. Here's to Monday :)
ReplyDeleteOh girl so sorry! That does not sound fun at all. I was totally always congested during my whole pregnancies all three times so annoying.
ReplyDeleteHope you get better quickly.
YES! I know what you mean. Every little thing can set you grumbling... I get sick so much since having children too. I call my kids germ bombs. That's what they are. Hope everyone is better soon!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you're not feeling well. Taking care of kids when you are 100% is tough. Feel better soon:)
ReplyDeleteaww i've definitely had days like those! hoping your day gets better and you feel better soon!!!
ReplyDeleteI feel like it is SO HARD to be a good mom when you are not feeling well. Give yourself a break and know that tomorrow will be better!-Ashley
ReplyDeleteOh man being a sick mama is tough!! I hope you feel better quickly! I get laryngitis almost every time I get sick.. That didn't happen until I was pregnant with Sammy.. Whats w/ that!
ReplyDeleteI hope your day/week starts looking up soon. I have always gotten a cold so easily, it's just multiplied now with little ones at home. Once their well and moving on with life, I'm left trying to cope with the cooties. Fun! :)
ReplyDeleteOh man, it is just not fair when moms get sick! So sorry! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteOh no! It is so hard when moms are sick along with everyone else. Hope things look brighter and that you are feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteI definitely know what that feels like! And I swear my allergies changed with each of my pregnancies. So weird. Hope you're feeling better now!
ReplyDeleteI never had allergies until I was pregnant. Now I get them every single spring and they're awful! Oh, and the constant sickness? Blame on the kids. They're full of those yucky germs. ;)
ReplyDeleteI catch everything the boys catch multiply by a thousand, so I commiserate and empathize!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the teething, that sucks. My little one is also teething (teeth #11 and #12) and it's giving him a fever. The 2nd one has some kind of viral infection and we're on day #3 of a high fever but he's otherwise as spirited as ever. :)
I hope Tuesday is much, much better.
I was sick all the time when my kids were a bit younger. It's hard to parent and be sick at the same time because any of the "good stuff" you have in your body and mind is going to the kids - it washes us out. I hope you are feeling better today - and in a better mood as well!
ReplyDeleteGet well soon and just hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI can totally understand about after having a baby it seems that our immune system has weaken. I am on the same boat myself. I rarely get sick pre baby but now, it's like almost every month I get colds or some allergies.
hope the rest of your week will be better.
Maybe Nolan is at that age when he's really pushing your buttons. It's a phase he'll outgrow, I'm sure :).
ReplyDeleteI hope you're better now. Try exercising, maybe? The endorphin rush should help :)
I hope that you are feeling better now! I can relate... when I get a little cold- it almost always turns into several weeks long and often ends up being a sinus infection, my husband on the other hand will only be down for a few days at a time (even though he acts like he's on his death bed).
ReplyDeletefinally able to have some time to check out your blog and am officially following it, so hopefully I can keep up a little better in the future :)
I started out with a cold this week too, and it's still not gone. Being sick definitely does put a damper on things (especially our energy levels). Here's to hoping you're feeling much better!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter shared her cold with me last week, too. I'm still trying to get over it.
ReplyDeleteWhy, oh why, did we teach those kids how to share? That was a very bad idea.
Hope you feel better and loose that congestion soon!
I hope you feel better soon! I don't know why, but summer colds seem even more miserable than winter colds!
ReplyDeleteYes, the kids pick up everything and pass them along to us. It seems like in the spring we are sick for months on end. And I've been super congested the last few weeks with pregnancy. I don't remember that happening the first time around!
ReplyDelete