Monday, December 10, 2012

The Transition

So I finally bit the bullet and moved little Conley in his crib.  My fears were that I would be getting up a million times and that he would be so loud that he would wake up Nolan since their rooms are right across from each other.

The first night I was pleasantly surprised.  Conley slept straight from 9pm until 4:30am in his crib.  At that time, I fed him and rocked him for a little bit and he went back to sleep.  He then woke up again at around 8:15am.  I thought that was pretty good for his first night!

Last night was a little different but pretty good.  We had went to a Christmas party so I had fed him pretty early, but he was so tired I didn't feed him when we got home knowing he would wake up a little earlier...I didn't mind because I knew he was so tired!  He woke up around 3:45am as I figured he might.  I fed him and then put him back down, and he got up around 7am.

Anytime he wakes up he's not screaming, just kind of whimpering and making noise so I hear him on the monitor.  Thankfully he's not belting out like he can, so let's hope he keeps his loud voice more for daytime so that he doesn't wake up Nolan.

Conley has been a little more grumpy during the day and literally chewing his hand off, so I think we are in the early stages of teething.

Just when you get finished with one child teething, another one starts.  Oh the joys of motherhood!  Always ending one stage and beginning another one.

If you have more than one child, what was your biggest challenge from going from one to two?

20 comments:

  1. I'm glad that the transition has been going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving how your transition from one child to two is going... I am starting to think about a possible baby #2, so this helps! Hope you get some sleep- sounds like the transition is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad the transition is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go conley! it sounds like things are going pretty smoothly.

    biggest transition, giving equal amounts of attention. so Will and I have started little mommy/daddy dates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that the transition went smoothly and he is sleeping so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember it being so hard to move to the crib, but it sounds like he is doing great! Good job momma:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my biggest challenge when my second came was trying to juggle their needs! and weirdly enough, prioritize their needs! For example if one has a poopy diaper (there's 18 mos. between them so my older child wasn't yet potty trained) and the other is hungry, I have to evaluate which one needs which more! Haha, good thing us women are good multi taskers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely know that when we eventually have our second, I will be referencing your blog posts about all these transitions... You and Conley are making it look really easy :) Hope you all are enjoying the holiday fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like it's going well so far! Glad to hear it! We have big plans to have #2 in the crib from day 1. We did that with W and I love how it worked out. Their rooms will be right next door to each other so we'll see. That might change pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's fantastic news!
    Teething - it is hell. For everyone. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still haven't moved little mama to her crib. We have her and her big brother sharing a room and I don't want her to wake him. Soo looking forward to her sleeping through the night... Any day now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad the transition is going well! I can't offer any input on going from one child to two but I will let you know soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad the first couple of nights have gone well! It sounds like you have put your kids on good schedules and then stick to them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yah for a great transition. I remember with Zane we had a very hard time. Glad things are gong well my friend!

    www.the-mommyhood-chronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad the transition is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so glad to hear that the transition is going well so far! hope it continues to only get better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. With each of my 3, we had this standard rule that they would move from the bedside bassinet to their own crib in their own bedroom by 3 months. What the...??? I have no idea why 3 months. In our extreme over-tiredness we probably just picked a number between 1 and 10! LOL
    However....we never had a single problem. smooth sailing all the way.

    Biggest transition was the lack of sleep. HUGE lack of sleep. Our toddler was waking up several times a night - right after I put the baby back down to sleep. This went on for months. I could barely function. That was when as a fatigued, but brilliant parental unit we decided the most important thing is a bedtime routine for ALL. And visits to mommy and daddy's room had better be related to pee, puke, blood....or someone's coming in your window! otherwise - stay in your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad the transition is going well. I remember how much I dreaded it when we first did it with my second, but he also did so well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad the transition went so well! Conley sounds like a pretty good sleeper. Sorry about the teething. Having you tried the Camillia drops? They are all natural and we used them on D a few times to relieve the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad it went well. We just did it last night and I was super nervous!! It went much better than I thought!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips