Right now I can't sleep because my brain won't shut off from all the worries, excitement, and anxious feelings I have.
I worry that Nolan will be sad that he will no longer have all of my attention.
I worry about him going to his Mother's Day Out program at the end of August. Will he nap, eat a good lunch, or be scared because mommy is not there?
I worry about being a mom to two---instead of one. What if they both need me at the same time or I am feeding the little one, and Nolan is getting into things he shouldn't?
But even though I have these worries, I also am excited.
I am excited about meeting my new little boy. Will he look like Nolan at all or be totally different?
I am excited about snuggling a little newborn and smelling that sweet baby scent.
I am excited about seeing Nolan as a big brother. He has such a sweet disposition that I know he'll always take care of little brother.
I am excited about not having a huge belly anymore and being able to get around easier!
I am excited about what the future brings for my soon to be family of four.
so exciting!! The anticipation is building!
ReplyDeleteIt will work out. It always does. Somehow with a new baby things just end up falling into place.
ReplyDeleteGood luck Natalie. I'm sure things will just fall into places and it will be fantastic! I'm excited to see the little one over here too.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet and honest post, Natalie! It's only natural to worry... That's what mommies do! But you will be an AWESOME mommy of two, and they are both very lucky to have you! :) Once Baby Conley gets here, it will just become natural... And we all can't wait to meet him! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't even imagine what's going through your mind right now! Everything will work out perfectly sweet girl, no worries =)
ReplyDeleteI can't even begin to imagine the anticipation- from nervousness and excitement- you must be feeling. But you're an awesome mom, and Nolan is going to be an amazing big brother and I can't wait to read about your family's next chapter!!
ReplyDeleteI am sure that everything will fall into place perfectly, but I completely understand all of your anxieties. You're such a great mom, that I am sure you will balance both boys with ease. So excited for your new little man to be here!
ReplyDeleteIt is going to be great! I think all of your feelings are totally normal. I know the transition to having Nolan out of the home will be hard, so let me know if you want to chat about that ... but he will do great and like all milestones, it is one that he needs in order to continue to mature and thrive!
ReplyDeleteOh how I'm feeling these same things Natalie! You will be awesome with 2 babies. I think it always turns out better than you anticipate. Meyer absolutely loves his Mother's Morning Out program. It took him several weeks to get used to dropping him off but he would settle down as soon as I left. Nolan will do great! Try and relax all of those worrisome thoughts and just enjoy your sweet babies!
ReplyDeleteI think all of those feelings are completely natural! But I also think that as soon as you are holding that sweet baby boy in your arms everything will feel completely perfect! You are going to be a wonderful momma to 2!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you. You and Nolan will rock this!
ReplyDeleteYes, there will be times when they both need you, and yes, Nolan will probably get into things while you're feeding the baby, but it will be OK...you'll do great!! As long as you're OK, the kids will be OK too.
ReplyDeletexo
Those are all normal worries and fears... but it will all fade once you hold your baby! I constantly worried thinking my baby would feel like I loved her less when our new baby would arrive and then it hit me... I was just bringing someone else to the world who would love her... love always multiplies ;)
ReplyDeleteawww it is going to be so wonderful! everything you're feeling is totally normal! and you know it all works out! we don't know when/how we get around to things, but we just adjust. you will be fine! and nolan will be a great big brother! so, so exciting!
ReplyDeleteI feel the exact same way. Soooo excited to meet my baby boy but on the other hand I feel guilt already about taking attention away from Leah and worrying about how she will react.
ReplyDeleteI am sure we will both be fine though and these new babies will add more excitement and fun into our lives :)
So excited for you guys and being anxious is so natural at this point. Everything takes time but all works it self out.
ReplyDeleteNolan will have a blast at "school"!
I think all of these worries are so normal, but I know you'll do great. I think these same things too sometimes, but I know we'll get through it. When the time comes that is. No, I don't have any news.
ReplyDeleteNatalie, you're an awesome momma and you're going to kick butt at this mom of two business. But I do understand the anxiety. Taking care of a newborn and a toddler must have it's stressful days. You'll come on top though. I just know it!
ReplyDeleteThese are all such normal worries and feelings. It can be a tough transition going from one to two but you are a great momma and you will figure it all out!
ReplyDeleteAll your worries and excitement seem totally normal and justified to me! I'm so excited to see Nolan as a big brother too! I think he's going to be wonderful with your new little one :)
ReplyDeleteAll normal feelings. It's getting close!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I am SO excited for you!!! I seriously feel like I just found out you were pregnant...I cant believe its already almost time for Conley to arrive!!! You are going to be perfect as a momma of 2:)
ReplyDeleteomg, so exciting. Fabulous post, love! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post for Lauren Conrad. xo
ReplyDeletewww.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
You are so close! I am praying for you and your family during this exciting, yet anxious time. Give it to God and lean on Him. He created us for this so He has given you all of the grace and all of the tools you will need. Some days will be a total mess, but other days the love in your house will be so strong! Take care girl!
ReplyDeleteHey Natalie! You will be perfectly fine, because you are such a good mummy now :) It is absolutely normal to have these feelings, but funnily enough, we learn to cope and the new baby will fit in before you know it and you won't remember life as being any other way :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteIt's impossible to shut your brain off at night, isn't it? I do the same thing... only not about being a mother of two! :o)
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be JUST FINE though. You are completely capable of handling this and you'll do it very well! I'm getting pretty excited to "meet" Mr. Conley too!
I am all kinds of giddy for you. I have no doubt you and Nolan will do just fine. Hope all is well around your house! Not much longer!!!
ReplyDeleteYes it will be a huge change for the good and sometimes the bad- but it is so so worth it and soon you will wonder what life was like without two and you couldn't imagine it any other way.
ReplyDeleteIntroducing new baby in the family could be a difficult task specially when kids would feel that they would lose the attention. I think the best way for them to accept it is that we should try to cite to them the important fact and advantages of having a little baby. Don't worry Natalie, I know everything will be fine.
ReplyDelete