Wednesday, October 1, 2014

An Amazing and Inspiring Weekend

This past weekend I traveled to Houston for the City Moms Blog Network Sister Site Conference for Knoxville Moms Blog.

I was a little anxious to meet all these ladies as we had never met in person.

But it was like we were old friends getting together for the weekend. Ashley who inspired me to start KMB who I met through this blog 3 1/2 years ago was someone I was so excited to meet. She was amazing and smart just like I knew she would be. Without her, I would not have KMB as a business or as a fulfilling part of my life.

So many inspirational women with big hearts and wonderful ideas. I felt honored to be surrounded by such empowering women.


We stayed at The Woodlands Resort in Texas which was AMAZING and HUGE! If you have to ride a golf cart to get to the lobby you know you are in a big place.

I left with so many great ideas and a long to-do list...but mostly with a feeling of friendship.

If you sometimes doubt if your online friendships are real, I assure you there are some true ones.


I'm almost ONE YEAR into KMB. That's just crazy talk! I know it causes me to post less here, but it's such a great outlet for me. I love connecting the moms in our community.

Have you ever met someone in person that you only new previously from online? 

Natalie

10 comments:

  1. I think that it's wonderful you started KMB and it's been so amazing and fulfilling, congratulations! And yay for a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... already a year? Crazy. And I LOVE your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I can't believe it is a year already! Time does go fast. Sounds like such an amazing weekend and you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have! Many times. It's wonderful to meet blogging friends in person.
    I really want to take a golf cart around a resort too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful!! I need more of this in my life. that's the downside to small towns -- there really isn't anyone near me.
    I did meet one person and she is AMAZING. Fabulous. A Marvel!! I cannot say enough good stuff about her. I still miss her 2 years later. she doesn't blog anymore though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Yay for a Natalie and Ashley photo! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dress! Congrats on a year with KMB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a year! So exciting! Looks like a fabulous conference! :)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! Love seeing fellow bloggers connect in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it sounds like you had an amazing time at this conference. I recently had a chance to meet a good bloggy friend that only lives 30 minutes away from my house. (We posted on each other's blogs for nearly four years before meeting each other in person.) You are very right. Online friendships are REAL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips