Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Time for a Checkup

Today I took my boy to his 3 year old checkup.  Hard to believe he's three, and this time around the check up was definitely more in the "big boy" visit with standing up for his height and weight check, getting his blood pressure checked, identifying cards for eyesight, and the whole peeing in a cup.  That has elevated him to big boy status in my book!

Typical Nolan was more concerned with checking out all the books than paying attention to the doctor.


The boy is 40 inches tall and in the 95th percentile of height and 37.5 lbs which is in the 90th percentile.  So needless to say that boy is tall and heavy!  I knew he was tall, but I had no idea it would be in that high of a percentile!

And then his sidekick was not too amused by all of this:


Nolan did great and actually asked to stay at the doctor's even after getting a flu shot!  I guess the B Toys Medical Kit really got him ready for his visit!

How are your kids at the doctor's office as they get older?

Natalie

15 comments:

  1. With the exception of getting shots, my girls love going to the doctor...ever since my little one discovered that they have popsicles, she is ALL about the doctor! ;)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scarlet does pretty well with it. She just takes it and then looks forward to some sort of treat after! Des is hit or miss, depending on whether he's hungry and/or tired during it. He usually cries a bit at shots, but not for long. Scarlet barely winces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a big boy! My nearly 4 year old is the same height and weight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son is almost the same size and he's 3 as well! Doctor visits are always a challenge because they seem to take forever... and ever. I have to come with enough to keep him occupied for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oldest is ok. He gets really nervous and asks me a million times if he will be getting a shot but he's gotten tough. My 5YO is hit or miss. If a needle comes out - forget it, he want's no part of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My older ones are fine in terms of not being scared and doing as the Dr asks. but holy fidgeting batman. you know that scene in Elf when buddy is at the doctors office to get his finger priced and is touching all the stuff and asking questions and won't sit still? Yeah, that.
    My youngest at 4 is less impressed -- since she got 2 shots. It was NOT the Doc McStuffins experience she was expecting. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember three people holding down a five year old. I remember it well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get that kid into basketball now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Nolan!! What a great visit!! I can't believe how big he is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brave guy! I'm so glad the visit went well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So awesome he peed in a cup! They'd din't have Ryder do that at 3, but at 3 we also hadn't even started potty training so there is no way he could have. He is a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We used the B medical kit before Meyer's 3 year too! I really think it helped. Can't believe these boys are three! Great job Nolan:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a tall child! My son is 4.5yo and only a couple inches taller. Glad he did so good at his appointment! We typically have no issues except for shots. Can't blame him there. We're all up to date on vaccines until he's 8 or 9 now except for flu and switched that to the mist last year. So, needle free for a long time should make for even easier checkups I hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's a big boy! We haven't had to go to the doctor with my son since he turned three last year. I'm sure it will be interesting when we go next month now that he's 4 and opinionated and smarter than his years. Yes, pray for us! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My guys do pretty well going to the doctor, but they are not as eager to go on flu shot days. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips