Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Differences in the Baby Bumps

Now that I am nearing the end of this pregnancy, I thought it would be neat to compare the differences between the two.  So here's a list I've compiled to compare:

***1st pregnancy-I couldn't wear my wedding ring for almost the last 3 months.
***This pregnancy-I can still wear them!

***1st pregnancy-I had the belly line (linea nigra) that is caused by pregnancy hormones.
***This pregnancy-No line at all!

***1st pregnancy-I had gestational diabetes (even though my readings were way low EVERY TIME!)
***This pregnancy-Passed the 1 hour glucose test with flying colors :)

***1st pregnancy-I was pretty swollen, especially in my feet and legs the last few months.
***This pregnancy-Doing good so far with little swelling.

***1st pregnancy-I felt the baby move right after 18 weeks.
***This pregnancy-I felt the baby move around the same time, but I think this boy is more active even though Nolan was pretty active.  This must be Nolan 4.0.

***1st pregnancy-I had very bad hip/lower back pain.
***This pregnancy-Avoided it for now, hoping to keep this part at bay!

***1st pregnancy-I didn't feel any contractions until many hours after my water broke.
***This pregnancy-I think I have been feeling them for the last week.  Maybe because I know what they feel like it makes me more aware of them.

***1st pregnancy-I didn't sleep very well the whole time.
***This pregnancy-I have had good periods of time where I slept pretty well.  But it changes by the week!

***1st pregnancy-I gained around 30-33 lbs.
***This pregnancy-I think I will gain 25-30 lbs.  Time will tell!

***1st pregnancy-I had a lot of energy after the 1st trimester and besides the last few weeks.
***This pregnancy-I feel like I am running on empty most days.  I feel like most of my muscles are totally relaxed meaning my legs feel like a million pounds  Not fun!

***1st pregnancy-I gave birth to Nolan a day before his due date.
***This pregnancy-I think with the current activity I have been feeling that this boy will be a few weeks early.

Did you have a lot of differences in your pregnancies?

32 comments:

  1. Second pregnancies are so different!

    With mine, I gained 15 pounds less, had no swelling in my feet, no hip pain and my bump was smaller. Of course it turns out the baby was about 1 pound smaller than his brother at birth. I was also more tired the second time round, most likely because I had a toddler to chase after :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the line yet either! I had actually forgotten about that. Hope it stays that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny because my pregnancies were night and day. One I had tremendous heart burn, the other not at all. Both I gained 27 pounds exactly, but with Zane- I was not in maternity clothes till 32 weeks. WIth my first, Hayley, I Was in maternity at 14 weeks. I got the line with both. Now onto the kids- they are as night and day as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww cool side by side comparison!!! hoping you get rest and regain some energy! stay cool this summer too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some big differences! I can't believe you don't have a linea nigra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From the very beginning my second pregnancy was completely different from first. So much so that I was convinced baby #2 was a girl! ;) I think having a toddler to chase after also made a huge difference in the way I was feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it fun to compare? I think any pregnancy coupled with small children to chase means we're extra tired. I had the same thing with the swelling in my first, and nothing in my 2nd and 3rd. I loved being able to wear my wedding rings in the delivery room for #2 and #3! Hope you can get some rest during these last days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's interesting. I'm glad it seems that you are feeling much better this time around. Have you changed your diet? Fingers crossed things keep going well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having Nolan to chase around has worn you out (but also kept you in better shape.) I always joke that I don't need to work out - little man is enough of one!

    Glad you're feeling great. Take care of yourself these last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What interesting differences particularly because you are having another boy! Hope you feel great and have a smooth delivery with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this post... It's so awesome to see the differences in pregnancies! I can't wait to meet this little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's crazy how one pregnancy can be so different from another in the same person...with the same sex baby even!!! Sounds like lots of things are better this time around though:) I can't believe it's almost time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a lot of similarities with mine, but also many differences. With each pregnancy it got harder on me physically, that's for sure! My last two babies were huge (9+ pounds each!) so that played out in the weight gain, belly size, and other risks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My second pregnancy was different too... I did better... but still miserable with nausea the whole 9 months! throwing up even while giving birth! but... it was better regardless! no preclampsia (sp), no swelling, etc... although I was craving stuff like crazy :) ... very interesting! :) I think the body knows "what to do" better with the 2nd. one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was really cool to compare your first and second pregnancy! I'm curious to see how things end up, but glad that you're not swollen as much or having the bad back pain :) More baby bump pictures soon?

    ReplyDelete
  16. So weird how pregnancies can be so different! Mine have been mostly the same, but like you I have no linea nigra this time (thank god that took forever to go away last time!). I too was diagnosed with GD last time even though I never had a high number EVER! This time my midwife said I could just wave the GTT and test every now and then on my own if I want! I also feel more worn out this time but I think it is taking care of a toddler instead of sitting behind a desk all day! And I feel like I might have this baby early too (Leah was a week late).

    ReplyDelete
  17. My pregnancies have each been a bit different! The second time I had so many contractions the last couple months and was so disappointed that baby didn't come slightly earlier than the first time, but I hope it's not the same for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am really tired still this time as well. Maybe it's the responsibility of a toddler?

    And, I find I am doing things "later" - we've done nothing and I am almost 18 weeks. I know I have time, but literally I have done not a thing for this child other than love it to pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just imagine the third one. You will fly through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The first part of the list had me to excited for you. The million pound legs is something I hope will go away so the end of the list sounds just as exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are doing awesome it sounds like! Back pain is no fun and I had it with both boys. Will was a difficult labor and Eli was so easy that I would re-consider having a third child!

    Good luck friend...can't wait to see your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow I love reading these differences! And in reading the first line of this post I was in shock! Can't believe you're nearing the end already! Glad everything is going smoothly so far friend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh, I had gestantional diabetes too and had great readings. You're not the 1st person I've heard this from. It's so crazy that so many of us are being diagnosed with it but our readings are fine??!! So glad you didn't have to worry about it this time. It was way stressful to prick my fingers 4 times/day. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  24. All three of mine had differences. With Lucas I felt sick in the mornings the first trimester- had to have a packet of crackers right by my bed and if I ate a few before really moving I was fine- with Alex and Ryder never really got sick.
    With Alex I had sciatic (sp?) nerve problems and a hernia- none of that with Lucas. With Ryder the hernia was horrible!
    With Lucas I was wearing regular pants with the button trick at 18 weeks- with Alex I started wearing maternity pants about 10 weeks-- but I gained about the same weight in the end with both. With Ryder I looked 40 weeks pregnant at 32 weeks- which ironically is when he came.
    So yea lots of differences.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved reading the comparisons Natalie!! I am so excited for you...I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It sounds like you've had a much better pregnancy this time, save for being so tired! I like seeing the comparison! I've only had one, so I have nothing to compare it to! So how much longer?

    ReplyDelete
  27. isn't' it so crazy that they can be so different! and love that you have documented everything--so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow-you are so close. August will be here before you know it!
    Such big differences!Crazy how that happens right?
    All three of my pregnancies were pretty different. And I have to say that all three of my boys are completely different. I am always surprised that they can have the same parents, be the same sex and grow up in the same environment and be totally different. I do love it though! Keeps our house interesting! =)
    Hope you are getting some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The biggest differences I had with my 2 pregnancies was the labor and delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is my first so I can't really compare but
    I had no idea there could be so many differences between pregancies!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. all 3 of mine were completely different. the one thing in common is that I am lucky to avoid morning sickness. but I had diabetes with 2 of them. not much back pain until the end of each pregnancy.
    but I always had restless legs. drove me nuts! I'd be soooo tired, but couldn't sleep and would have to get up and pace around until they settled. awful. I'd rather have been sick.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thats so funny how your pregnancies have been so different - I don't have anything to compare too yet but good to know that I can expect things may be different the next time around:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips