Monday, May 7, 2012

Sail Away to Puerto Rico with Amanda

Today I have one of my fave bloggers---and also one of my first bloggy friends.  Amanda is a beautiful writer that shares her life of running, food, life goals, and her once long distance relationship that is now in the same city.  I've enjoyed reading her posts about her life transitions whether it be about her changing jobs or buying her first house.  I'm so glad she's here today!
***************************************************************************
Hi Natalie's friends! I'm Amanda and write over at Simple Girl, Simple Pleasures! I'm excited to be guest posting today while Natalie is away! Because Natalie is soon to be a mom of TWO and loves to travel, I thought I would share a little bit about my mom and one of my all-time favorite vacations with her to Puerto Rico!

I was a sophomore in college, and since leaving for college, my relationship with my mom continued to grow stronger and stronger. When all my friends talked about going on spring break to Mexico or the Caribbean for thousands of dollars, I decided it would be more fun to go on a vacation with my mom to some place tropical. Crazy, right? So we booked a trip to Puerto Rico!
View from our hotel room
I have to admit that this is one of my favorite vacations! Not only because we were in a tropical place, but also because it was the perfect combination of relaxation, sight-seeing, exercise, good food, and perfect company. We spent time on the sandy beach above. We went hiking through the rain forest.
We toured Old San Juan to see some historic sights.
We even had custom hats made that we both still wear!
Me, the shop owner, and Mom!
We ate well, enjoyed ourselves, and definitely relaxed! I hope that even when Natalie is a mom of two boys, she'll get to have perfect vacations like these with one or both of her sons when they're a little older! Thanks for having me, Natalie!

Photobucket

Isn't she wonderful?  Please check out her blog to follow such a great gal!

7 comments:

  1. Ok, I already liked her, but this traveling with her mom thing makes me like her even more. What a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like such a blast and I took a trip with my mom and a couple of her friends as well and loved it. Such a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this.... I have been on a few vacations with my mom, and they are far and away my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is this! It would be a lot of fun to go on a trip with just my mom.
    And the nice thing about that versus going with a bunch of college friends- you know you both truly have each other's backs and will have a great time without getting into too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are beautiful and what a special trip!!! I've heard Puerto Rico is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips