Friday, December 9, 2011

Life's Lessons: Christmas Edition


It's baaaaack! Life's Lessons...I know you were sad and missed my week recap.  Go on and share yours and link up with Sara & Rach!

1) My little boy is officially growing up.  He's taken his first few steps but not full out walking yet.  But it's just a matter of time. 

2) He's now taking his walker all around the house non-stop.  He thinks it's the funniest thing...and he can even turn it when he needs to which isn't easy because it doesn't have a steering wheel.

3) I am still decorating for Christmas.  I am not one that usually gets it done in one day. 

4) My Christmas tree is up, and Nolan loves it.  It's so fun to see such small wonders through a child's eyes.

5) I am letting Nolan wear his Christmas jammies so we get some use out of them.  He keeps pointing to the reindeer and the penguins.

6) He loves his talking Frosty the Snowman that he got last year.  He keeps bringing it to us to turn it back on again.

7) I am going to *attempt* to make stockings and a Christmas wreath this weekend.  Wish me luck...because we all know I am craftiness challenged.  I mean Pinterest is my worst nightmare. 

8) I have been an online shopping crazy person.  I will probably have boxes delivered every day next week!  And I'm still not done...argh.

9) My dad and my father-in-law are the hardest people to buy for!  I finally got some ideas for my mother-in-law after asking her a million times.  I need lists people!  Don't you think it's better to get something you want instead of me guessing?

10) And seriously...I can't believe Christmas will be here in a few weeks...this year has been a flash.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

26 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your crafties Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh... The dreaded FIL gift.... It's the last one done every single year. So frustrating!! And if I ask him for a list, he's all "save your money, there's nothing I need". Grrrrrrrr. I have a lust of crafts to make from Pinterest too- here's hoping we both pull them off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just reminded me that I need to find the Frosty we made at Build a bear a couple years back....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year has FLOWN - you are so right! Good luck getting your decs up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J is not at all impressed by the Christmas tree and it makes me a little sad. Hopefully next year it will entertain him a little more! Also, I made some stockings last weekend and they weren't nearly as hard to do as I thought. Good luck! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree it's definitely better to get something you want! I always just ask people what they want - sorry if it's not a surprise but it's better than standing in line for returns! Hope your Christmas crafting goes well this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see your craftiness! Good luck to you girl! And I totally agree that it's amazing what those little eyes see and how they see it.
    I'm not done shopping either... TOO many people to buy for :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best with shopping! I haven't even started thinking about it *gulp!*.

    As for craft, I visited Pinterest once and quickly scooted out of there. That stuff is amazing but too overwhelming for me. Time! I need time!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did miss your Life's Lessons! It's so hard shopping for other people. We just do gift cards now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When in doubt, just buy nice wine :)

    So random, but our Magic Elf is named Nolan (they come with names) and I thought of you - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good luck with shopping! i'm awful with shopping altogether! can't wait to see what you craft together this weekend! have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love #4, it's ture. It's so wonderful to see the magic through a child's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so excited to see your crafts! You can totally do it! Christmas with kids really is so much more magical and fun.
    And yes, I never know what to get my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really behind on the online shopping part. Or just the shopping part in general. It's bit a bit crazy around here. And yay for new walking milestones. Giada's been walking like crazy lately! Love it! It makes them seem all grown up

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness. I have done SO much shopping online, it's crazy, but it's so handy with little ones so you don't have to drag them to the stores.
    I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner either!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is fun to see how much your kids love the Christmas tree! Good luck with the stockings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your stockings and wreath will turn out well! (good luck!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I can't wait to see all the crafts. We put up the tree a few days back and my 3 year old is not even interested:( I thought she would be more so.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait to hear if your craftiness paid off this weekend. Good luck with that. I can just picture your little tiger enjoying the tree and the lights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just started my online shopping. It's just so convenient! One present down and many more to go. Good luck with your crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's amazing how quickly kids go from taking their first steps to running! I watched my cousin do it 2 summers ago and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It sure has flashed by!! That's great the little guy is close to walking!! It's awesome to watch them grow and change :)
    Enjoy your decorating!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This year flew by! I hate buying for any of the men on my list. They're always so hard to figure out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tell me about buying for the men - it's actually a pain. Good luck with your stockings and wreath! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that Nolan is getting in the Christmas spirit too! And I'm not one to get all my decorating done in one day either...I'm a work in progress :) Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. so hard to believe christmas is at the end of next week!! holy cow where is the time going? and i am about to start my online shopping craziness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips