Friday, October 14, 2011

Life's Lessons: It's Finally Fall Edition


I am linking up again with Sara & Rach again this week to share some lessons!

1) It really, really is finally fall.  The crispness is actually in the air and the leaves are starting to change.

2) Nolan and I went to an apple orchard to pick apples---I say that seems pretty fallish (even if the apple pickin' here starts in August!)

3) We're going to a Pumpkin Patch this weekend to obviously pick a pumpkin, go on a hayride, and see some farm animals.  Again pretty fallish if you ask me!

4) Nolan's birthday is in 6 days, REPEAT 6 DAYS!!  I can't believe that this time last year I was super pregnant ready to get this baby out.  Now a year has gone by....

5) Which means his party is in 8 days...with so much to still do. 

6) I'm ready for his party to be done, so I can decorate the house with my Halloween decorations.  I think Nolan will love some glowing pumpkins!

7) I still need to buy some more shoes for Nolan.  I need some light colored ones for his party outfit...or even some navy ones.  Any suggestions?

8) I'm making some ginger-apple spiced cupcakes for the party.  They are pretty yummy and fallish too!

9) I'm excited about this second Halloween with Nolan since last time he was basically a week old.  We're going to go to a park event to do some trick or treating in his adorable costume!

10) And then before you know it my birthday will be here....and well it's a big one.  I can't stop time so I guess I'll just have to celebrate with style!

So don't forget to link up to share your lessons from this week.  Have a great "fall" weekend! :)

40 comments:

  1. Ooh you have an exciting week ahead! All the best in planning the upcoming parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get hives whenever I think of Jellybean's birthday coming up. I'm just not ready for my baby to be a year old!

    Happy almost Birthday to Nolan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie's party is tomorrow. EEK.

    Shoes -- try www.6pm.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun and good luck with the party, so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple orchard and a pumpkin patch, it truly is fall! Happy Birthday to your little guy, I"m sure his party will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, now I'm adding the word "fallish" to my vocabulary even though living in Florida I won't use it much. And I hope you have a wonderful party for the big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ginger apple spiced cupcakes sounds yummy. I'm sure you'll have a great party and all the best for the little man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound so excited about all of your upcoming celebrations. It's going to be a super fun fall for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited to see what you come up with for Nolan's party. Crazy how fast time goes by and before we know it our kids are toddlers! And those cupcakes seriously sound amazing!
    Giada's birthday is two days before mine, so I don't know if I'm ever going to have a bday to myself EVER again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now...what's the date of your actual brithday? And big birthday, you mean 25, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a busy week ahead. Happy birthday to your little munchkin. And of course have fun at pumpkin orchard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found E's shoes on Zappos...they have a bunch of choices and free shipping both ways! Hope the party planning is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a busy week ahead. Happy birthday to your little munchkin. And of course have fun at pumpkin orchard.

    **I was using DH computer and I was thinking I'm logging in to my account, oopps! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. This year, it seems that L.A. doesn't believe in fall. It has been 90 all week!

    Can't wait to see pics from Nolan's party!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely fall activities!

    My boys lived in Robeez at that age. Only thing they'd keep on their feet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay!! apple picking we went last weekend too although it definitely didn't feel like fall. it didn't feel like fall all week. what did you make with your apples? or are you just enjoying eating ones you picked from the tree yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  17. rounding up my brood and heading to the local pumpkin patch this weekend too. will probably also make a pumpkin pie....because I am already missing the 3 pieces of pie I had last weekend for Thanksgiving.
    it's cold in Canada, I need an extra layer for warmth at the bus stop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think fall is in the air too--it's a cool 85 degrees, lol! I can't believe how fast time does go by. Those first few months just crawl, but now I can barely keep up with these babies.

    You'll have to share the recipe--sounds so yummy. As for shoes--I scored some cute ones at TJMaxx for $5. They had a bunch of boy shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy almost birthday! The ginger-spiced apple dessert sounds delicious! I think I need to show up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this time of year. My daughter also has a birthday next week. She's easy to decorate for because she usually likes a Halloween theme. Have fun with your party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fall indeed. And there is not a better way to celebrate than with a pumpkin patch, picking apples and ginger apple spiced cupcakes. Yea, happy birthday to Nolan.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fall indeed. And there is not a better way to celebrate than with a pumpkin patch, picking apples and ginger apple spiced cupcakes. Yea, happy birthday to Nolan.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, Nolan's birthday is coming up! Hope you have a really fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Almost 1! So fun - it does fly by. Mine will be 10 months old next week, and I can't believe it (not to mention that my oldest is 10 years old!).
    I got my boy some cute shoes at Target last week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Grayson has navy Keds....they're cute! Happy almost birthday to Nolan!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It does go so fast! Sounds like you're embracing fall - all those things sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there,

    Just wanted to let you know, I took your blog URL for the blogs I love. If you have a button,lmk and I will easily add it:) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love fall! Here in AZ it's still hot, but shopping for costumes and seeing pumpkins in the store has put me in a fall mood!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can't wait to see your pumpkin patch pictures! Hope y'all had a blast. I think we'll have to find a way to hit another one as W loves pumpkins! But he thinks they are like balls and wants to pick them up and throw them. We've already had to confiscate his tiny one to avoid smashed pumpkin everywhere! Boys will be boys!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww, have a great party! Can't wait to hear all about it! (BTW, his party will be on my husband's b-day, so we'll be partying too)

    ReplyDelete
  31. All I can think about is that my lil man will have his first Halloween and Thanksgiving, but his second Christmas! LOL Happy Birthday to Nolan (almost)..and good luck with the party!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your life lessons. And hooray for fall! It's such a fun time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. You have a lot on your plate. Planning birthday parties is always time consuming at my house. I want them to be just right.

    I hope you found just the right pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Getting ready for that first b-day can be so fun and daunting! Congrats on the 1st year (I always feel Moms should get a little something on their childres b-days...considering all the work we did to birth them).

    ReplyDelete
  35. This month has been going fast! I am grateful for a slower paced weekend this weekend! I can't believe there is only one more weekend left before Halloween weekend. I want to be leisurely yet still enjoy some activities like Boo at the Zoo and our fall carnival and such.

    ReplyDelete
  36. How was your fall weekend? A pumpkin patch sounds so fun! I can't believe your little guy is going to be 1! I hope everything is coming together nicely for his party!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ginger apple spiced cupcakes sound delicious.

    For shoes check out Stride Rite if you have one near you.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! So close to the big birthday! How exciting and it sounds like you are ready for it! Target did have some cute navy shoes the last time I checked.

    Happy early Birthday to your little guy Nolan!

    ReplyDelete
  39. oohh girl...I am SO glad fall is finally here too!!! We just bought Addie some shoes and she seems to like the Robeez and Toms we got her best...although she really hasnt decided she likes shoes quite yet;) Toms has some super cute shoes for little boys:)

    ReplyDelete
  40. A year can come and go so quickly!! Enjoy his and your day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips