Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Aloha!

Before we had our little Nolan, my husband and I would take several trips a year. I love traveling to different places and my favorite love is a white sandy beach...ahhhh I can here the waves and feel the nice breeze just typing about it! So since I've started this blog I want to post about our past trips and some that we want to take. My favorite so far would have to be when we took our honeymoon to Maui, Hawaii in 2007. Words cannot describe how beautiful Maui is! The coolest thing about Maui is that you get to experience all types of different terrains. You have the sandy beaches, the mountains in Upcountry, the rainforest throughout Hana Highway, or the desert-like terrain in the Haleakala National Park. We stayed in a condo in Kihei which is on the west side of the island. We were there for almost 2 weeks, so I definitely suggest renting a condo because of its affordability. It almost felt like we lived on Maui because we could do laundry and prepare meals in our kitchen. Hawaii is not really known for "all-inclusive" resorts so another reason to look into condo renting. Here are some views from the beaches at Kihei:



One activity you must do while visiting Maui is horseback riding at the Haleakala crater. We left our condo at about 3am to make it to the crater to see the sunrise. It was sooooo worth it! Here are some of the gorgeous views:




The horseback riding tour was AWESOME! However I was so sore from the bumpiness...and a little scared when riding a horse down the sliding sands path. Don't forget your sunscreen because you will get burned by the sun and the wind!




Haleakala actually means "House of the Sun" and has a peak of 10,023 feet. It is the East Maui Volcano that forms more than 75% of Maui.

The next activity we did was a Zipline Tour through a eucalyptus forest in Maui's Upcountry. Upcountry consists of rolling hills and misty mountains...way different than the warm beaches! We had loads of fun and here a few pics from our adventure:



Stay tuned for Post#2 about Maui's Hana Highway and magnificent black sand beaches!

1 comment:

  1. Hawaii is on my bucket list, along with many other places! I'm with you though, I could really use a relaxing beach vacation right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips