We had a great Christmas, and the boys are swimming in trucks and Legos.
I finally finished book 6 of The Outlander Series. These books are so long! Sometimes I dislike series because I get so vested in them. Sometimes the one and done are my fave!
This weekend the whole house had the stomach flu. It started with Conley vomiting all over himself in the car on Thursday. Seriously the WORST THING EVER. Then Sunday at 4am I woke up with it, and then Nolan at 7am. The hubby joined the fun at around 4pm. I think I've earned like 10 mom badges this weekend. Stomach bugs are no joke, and I don't with them on my worst enemy!
As the holidays end, I am already finding January to be a busy month for the family. Lots of birthday parties, KMB events, KMB meetings (speaking of KMB check out this awesome post!), husband traveling, and volleyball games. Yep that's right the husband and I signed up for a co-ed league back in December. It only lasts until the end of this month, but it's been so much fun and just the right amount of games so you don't feel overwhelmed. We lost last night, but we've won a few too. It's nice to play volleyball again...it's truly such a fun game!
With the new year, I'm also looking for some new tasty but simple recipes. Do you know any? If so, share with me in the comments!
Short and sweet today, but hope to post more soon!
As the holidays end, I am already finding January to be a busy month for the family. Lots of birthday parties, KMB events, KMB meetings (speaking of KMB check out this awesome post!), husband traveling, and volleyball games. Yep that's right the husband and I signed up for a co-ed league back in December. It only lasts until the end of this month, but it's been so much fun and just the right amount of games so you don't feel overwhelmed. We lost last night, but we've won a few too. It's nice to play volleyball again...it's truly such a fun game!
With the new year, I'm also looking for some new tasty but simple recipes. Do you know any? If so, share with me in the comments!
Short and sweet today, but hope to post more soon!
Natalie
Glad that everyone's feeling better and you're able to squeeze some fun out of January!!
ReplyDeleteoh man the stomach flu is just awful!! We all currently have the regular flu and it is ROUGH!! We are only on day 3 (Sammy) and day 1 for Tim and I.
ReplyDeleteYour so right, definitely worth 10 Mom Badges! I've been there and done that
ReplyDeleteGlad everyone is feeling better.
I'm so sorry you guys started out the year sickly! We did that back in 2012 and it wasn't any fun at all. :(
ReplyDeleteHow is the Outlander series? I read Harry Potter and the Twilight series last year and surprised myself with how much I enjoyed reading a series. Typically I'm a one and done kind of girl, too!
Happy New Year!! I think since we are still in January, it's not too late at all.
ReplyDeleteugh - the sickies. I think every blogger I know has had it go through their home at one point or another. I held on before and during the holidays, and then woke up to a cold New Years Day. I shook it a few days later - or so I thought, because now it's back. gggrrrrr! thankfully just a cold though.
I keep spare towels in the car now for those "my tummy hurts mommy" car rides.
Volleyball was my favourite sport to play. I used to play beach volleyball too. I miss it so much! that's the problem with small towns - they don't tend to have leagues for that sort of thing.
Oh girl that is awful! So not fun to get sick like that and everyone at once, that is the worst. How fun to be on a volleyball team with your husband! Such a fun thing to do together.
ReplyDeleteUgh, Des had it in December. It was terrible. I kept thinking the rest of us would get it but it was just a toddler one in that case.
ReplyDeleteStill horrible!!
So sorry about the sickies - ugh. Hope you're all better, and have a great month!
ReplyDelete