Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Rainy Weekends

Rainy weekends make my household go crazy with cabin fever. I was so glad that we had celebrated Conley's birthday the weekend before since the following weekend weather was horrible.

This week we are looking forward to sunshine! The boys start Mother's Day Out the last week in August, so we are enjoying our last free days. (Or are they just driving me crazy? Ask me about 4pm every day, and I will say yes they are!)

(Trying to survive the rainy cabin fever days!)

And out of such a rainy weekend, we decided to book a last minute beach vacay in September. I can't be more excited because I really didn't think we could fit it in since I am traveling to Houston at the end of September. Toes in the sand here we come! 

So that means I'll be in need of some great book suggestions for you guys!

Also in honor of back to school (if you didn't know as a child I was a lover of all things back to school...trapper keepers, Lisa Frank), I wanted to share Jennifer's post about back to school traditions. I haven't done any of these fun Pinterest ideas, BUT I totally would. No but these are some simple ideas!

How is your household handling the back to school transition or do you still have a few weeks?

Natalie

9 comments:

  1. We still have a few weeks! I'm not handling the pre-transition very well. I just want to cry. Kindergarten and daycare here. I know once it all gets adjusted, I will LOVE the freedom and the extra time to work and rest. I just know it.
    Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!! What beach are you going to? We are going to be in Myrtle Labor day week :-) oh rainy days are super tough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Jealous- I love a Fall Beach Trip! We took one last year and loved it. It's unfortunate but I don't think we will be able to work one in this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We still have a few weeks. (did you hear that little cry inside me? ha)
    Actually, it's not so bad for me these days because mine are all old enough now that they will entertain themselves for more than 5 minutes. And they generally do get a long fairly well. My eldest at 9 has had more freedom to ride his bike to friends homes in the neighbourhood (yikes!! that was a hard transition).
    It's been pretty good -- but that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy a beach vacation for a week too! Can't wait to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holidays are always great. The transition usually makes me want to hide somewhere. Pardon my ignorance, but what is Mother's Day Out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just finished our back-to-school shopping this weekend. School starts September 2nd for us, and this means both our busy schedules will be in full-swing. I'm definitely going to miss the relaxing, lazy days of summer. Congrats on booking your vacation. It's always fun to look forward to a last minute trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are getting ready for back to school in two weeks. The big boy will be starting ELEMENTARY school!!!! I am not ready!

    Yay for getting one last vacay in! I think we're doing the same next week. I'm headed over to check out some of these back to school traditions. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are back to school for 2 weeks now. No more beach for us for a while. ;) Hope y'all have fun! These are the best times to go, before they are in school!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips