We started out with Conley teething and crying in the morning---which continued ALL.DAY.LONG. Of course that also meant short naps, which also leads to an even crankier baby. I had forgotten how much I dislike teething...and how it can change a total happy baby into a cranky monster. UGH!
After dinner while Daddy took Nolan to Little Gym, I knew I had to get out of the house since it was the witching hour.
When I came home with Conley, I noticed the dining room table place mats were all moved over. I thought...hmm that is weird I know I didn't do that before I left.
Then I knew. My Jack Russell Terrier, Molly had jumped on the table and eaten the small leftovers I had left in Nolan's plate. Since I was in a hurry, I hadn't moved it.
Much to my dismay, there are now dog claw marks on my relatively new dining room table. Seriously??? I mean if I don't have to worry about enough with getting the kids out the door now I have to make sure my table is spotless so my dog doesn't jump up on the table?
I already have to make sure Teddy, our other dog is either outside or in his crate because he's been known to pee on a table leg. And of course this started happening right after I had Nolan, and we had just had the floors refinished.
Molly's crate doesn't zip up, and so we leave her in the living room...because if we leave her in our room she gets on our bed, under the covers, and on our pillows and leaves her white hair everywhere! So needless to say, we are now getting a new crate because I can't deal with one more detail before I get out the door with both boys. My mom brain just can't handle it.
And now to better news...I had a great Mother's Day with my boys. They were so thoughtful and got me flowers and a spa day. Can't wait for a day of relaxation! Here's a few photos:
Hope your Monday went better than mine :)
Natalie


Just found your blog - your boys are adorable. I've definitely had those kinds of Mondays - hate teething! :)
ReplyDeletewordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com
Those days are rough. Evie has been non stop since Saturday, and she was sick yesterday. I was about to snap so I put her in her crib and said mommy needs a mental health break and went and sat outside for 10 minutes. I haven't done that since she was a newborn.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great mother's day! Enjoy your spa day!
Whew it sounds like it was quite a day!! I hope your Tuesday went better!
ReplyDeleteI had one of those days yesterday. I sure hope that today was better for you!
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for a spa day!
Monday started out rough for me, too. (What is it about Mondays?) Thankfully it got better as the day went on. Hope your day was better today!
ReplyDeleteOh, days like that are so painful! I feel for you. I used to get SO annoyed at our dog too. I felt like I was always yelling at him! We had to get rid of him though (long story, but he was not a good fit for a family with children) and I decided no more pets for a long time!
ReplyDeleteMondays are THE worst! I hope your Tuesday was a better day!
ReplyDeleteOh darn Mondays!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the table, ugh.
Hope the rest of the week improves!
Oh no I'm so sorry about your table and about the teething! :( That's no fun! I hope your week is getting better!
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it always feel like that stuff happens on days that are already stressful??!! UGH.
ReplyDeleteAdorable Mother's Day pictures! :)-The Dose Girls
I hope your Tuesday and the rest of the week will treat you right. :) Love the pictures, btw!
ReplyDeleteI hope your Tuesday and the rest of the week will treat you right. :) Love the pictures, btw!
ReplyDeleteBoo to bad Mondays and boo to teething! I hope your week has only gotten better ;)
ReplyDeleteCute pictures. I hope you've had better days since Monday!
ReplyDeleteMonday was nice to me this week because it was my birthday. it knows I am old know and more prone to extreme crankiness. LOL
ReplyDeleteTuesday made up for it though. yep. that's life, right?
geesh...Wednesday must be a bit "doh" too...forgot to say lovely pics and enjoy the spa day!! certainly you have earned one
ReplyDeleteAnd that is why we don't have a dog (even though my husband really wants one). I can't possibly care for another living being ;)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great Mother's Day though.
xo
Aw... isn't it always the little things that make you want to scream. :) I hope the rest of your week was much better! (I'm dropping by from the #sitssharefest)
ReplyDeleteBoo on bad Mondays! Im late to the party and I read the other post that the week improved! So glad! Sorry about your dining table!!! :( but the house and landscape improvements look amazing!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh no!! Why does it seem like when it rains it pours.
ReplyDelete