Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Little Bit of This and That

After a weekend full of rain (and Monday) I am so glad to see the sunshine!  Vitamin D sure does a body good.

I had a little bit of cabin fever since we were pretty much trapped in the house all weekend long.

Here's a sneak peek of Conley's 9 month photo session that we had on Friday morning before the rain settled in that evening:



Of course Nolan decided to be a little diva that morning and whine about his clothes and just about everything. Thankfully, Daddy coaxed him to get him to pose for some family photos in the beginning of the session.  I swear that kid always knows when we have something important to do and chooses that moment to be upset. Oh the life of living with a toddler!

Anyhow....

Now with the days being longer, my husband and I will take the kids out to do something after he gets home from work and after dinner.

It always leads to us getting the kids home late for bed...but with the extra daylight we just can't help ourselves.  Of course there will be these days with the kiddos will be tired out and go to bed early...but if we're out and about we just can't help but enjoy the extended day.

During the summer do you have later bed times due to outdoor activities?

Natalie

26 comments:

  1. Awww, that is such an awesome family picture! Love it!

    I soooo want to do a family photo shoot, but my husband doesn't think it's necessary :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 months!! How, just how? And, we struggle with the daylight thing in NOLA, too. Issue is that my husband has to be up SO early that I hate to go to bed too late but at 8pm it's still light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9 months!! How, just how? And, we struggle with the daylight thing in NOLA, too. Issue is that my husband has to be up SO early that I hate to go to bed too late but at 8pm it's still light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the sneak peak! Great family picture... can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the photos. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nolan!! We are starting to protest certain clothes over here too. I'm like seriously? You're a boy...why do you care? Loving Conley's 9 month and the family one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful photos, Natalie! I would like to get ours done this soon, too. They are such a treasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've definitely been keeping Jackson up just a little later lately. The sunshine is just too nice! Also, love the family photo. Conley looks so grown up in the first photo!!! Hard to believe he's 9 months!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cutest pictures ever! You have a perfect family! I can't wait to see you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a lovely family, Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely! We eat later too!!
    I love these pictures Natalie, the family one is so cute :) Little Conley's hair is going blonde isn't it! Enjoy that sunshine and extended daylight, it's a great time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summer definitely leads to later bedtimes, which is actually exhausting for me because I get less "alone" time to recharge. This summer, though, I am determined to roll better with the punches! ;)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful picture from one one of my fave family over in blogsphere. Conley's face cracks me up, that boy! haha so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUTE family pics!!

    My hubby and I were just talking about the later bedtime in the summer situation! After a little debate, the short answer is that yes Leah will have a later bedtime! It is just so hard to get her settled for bed when it is bright sunshine outside! Depends how her nap goes each day too...!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photographer is excellent... plus it helps you have a gorgeous family.

    I am visiting from SITSSharefest... I'm late with my reading but my heart is all here.

    I have older children and for the little ones, yes - the bedtime changes. For the older ones - they don't change much at all. Sometimes they even go to bed earlier!

    The high school life is exhausting. They need summertime to recuperate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute pictures! I hadn't thought about summer activities. Well, our summer is going to be weird anyway with a new baby so who knows what anyone's schedule is going to look like? But at least the weather will be nice so if we need to get out of the house we can.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful family photo. This time last week we had 10+ inches of snow. Seriously.
    This week - rain, rain, rain.
    As for summer, it's hard to put the kids to bed when the sun barely dips behind the tree line...

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do they always knew when we have something important going on??

    We do stay up later in the spring and summer. It's just too nice to get out and do something together instead of heading to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, too much cuteness in a crate!! Love that. awesome.

    yes, I have one that always chooses important moments to raise a fuss. And he's 8 now and still does it. Attention -- it's always about getting and holding moms attention I think.

    And yes, longer days of sunshine definitely mean later bedtimes around here. Unless we completely darken out their bedroom windows, it is nearly impossible to get them to sleep with sun streaming in the windows. Best solution I find is LOTS of outdoor time and fresh air so that they are very very sleepy. We often do a walk around our neighbourhood after diinner. that really helps. plus we parents can visit others out doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What adorable photos of your family! Conley is growing up so fast!

    We let Andrew stay up till about 8:30 every night since I don't get home from work until about 6 anyhow- it's the perfect amount of time- and usually, by then, it is just starting to get dark. But on the weekends, we sometimes let him stay up a little bit later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great photos!! Glad Nolan decided to cooperate ;)
    Yes, we have later bedtimes because of baseball and softball. It makes school mornings even more difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my goodness look at that smile!!! he is so cute! and you have a beautiful family, natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great pictures!! You guys belong in a magazine!
    As for bedtimes, our Spring gets crazy with baseball and sometimes late nights are not intentional but happen. It so hard on my older two since they have to go to school and behave and learn all day. We do try really hard to stick to bedtime that allows them enough rest. We are struggling right now because we are mentally ready for summer!! In the summer we enjoy the daylight and are not too concerned with bedtimes because they can sleep in or rest for a while during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww beautiful family!!! Great pics momma! The longer days are nice but hard on bed time. I still stick to aidens bedtime schedule even if the sun is still peeking through his window/curtains. He's sorta pretty good about not fussing. Like he gets it and knows im not budging. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute pics! I agree, those toddlers just KNOW when we have something we need to get to!!! Lol.

    And yes, how can you NOT use up those extra daylight hours! It's good for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips