I know some days you feel like you are a failure.
Like you have nothing left.
That you're not special...
Or that you're doing it all wrong.
But know this...
Your children love you for being their mommy.
For greeting them with a smile in the morning.
For all the kisses and hugs you shower them with everyday.
Don't feel bad that you didn't do that Pinterest activity.
Because playing trucks or singing songs is just as fun.
Because driving around and pointing out all the flags is just as enjoyable.
Your kids aren't keeping score, so you shouldn't either.
Just be you, just be their mom.
Happy early Mother's Day to all you wonderful moms. Hope you know just how special you are!
Natalie
Just what I needed to hear today! Thank you so much!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THIS!
ReplyDeleteI'm a first time new mommy and I needed to read this. I just feel like even at 11 weeks old, I'm somehow not doing enough for my baby.
ReplyDeleteLove this! Just what I needed to hear or read, it feels good that i'm not the obly one thinking I'm a bad mother, in fact still a good one. 😊 Happy mother's day to you too, friend!
ReplyDeleteYou're sweet!! Thanks Natalie:)
ReplyDeleteLove this, Natalie. Especially about the part about not keeping score. They really don't. We make this harder on ourselves than it should be.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day to you. xoxo
Happy Mother's Day to you as well Natalie!
ReplyDeleteYes, yes!! "Your children aren't keeping score and you shouldn't either." Natalie, so well said. Make a graphic so that I can pin it!
ReplyDeleteOh Natalie, I love this so much! They aren't keeping score, so we shouldn't either. Very well said!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day to you, my friend!
Bless you for this!!
ReplyDeleteevery mom needs to hear it.
Hope your day is super special!
Aww thank you! Happy Mother's day, Natalie!
ReplyDeleteThat was beautifully written! Happy Mother's Day, Natalie!!!
ReplyDeleteAMEN!! I'm bookmarking this to read again when I need a boost. Great post!! Happy Mother's Day!! :) --Lisa
ReplyDeleteLove this Natalie!
ReplyDeleteThanks Natalie, beautiful post!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's day to you too xo
Beautiful! Happy Mother's Day to you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful poem! Happy Mother's Day Natalie!
ReplyDeleteI think that's something we all need to hear! Thanks! Connecting with you via Tamara Bowman from this morning's Happy Mother's Day from her on twitter! Following you on Twitter now!
ReplyDeleteGreat post and oh so true!! Happy Mother's day!
ReplyDeleteAw, Natalie, that made me cry a little. I've been feeling like a crappy mom lately. This is just what I needed to hear.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!
xo
I LOVE this! How encouraging. It's so easy to beat ourselves up. As long as you're doing your BEST, you're doing GREAT!
ReplyDeleteAnd Happy belated Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteSweet post! Thanks for the reminder of only keeping up with our kiddos not the world. Belated happy mommy day!!
ReplyDelete