Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Little Update...

Thanks for everyone's well wishes on my week getting better.  And I am happy to say the rest of the week has been a major improvement!  Let's hope the rest of the week continues to be...especially since we're on our way to Charlotte this weekend so I can attend Bloggy Boot Camp.  If you're going, please find me.  I will also be the girl with the breast pump as a purse...yes I am that stylish.

Anyhow, I realized that I never showed you photos of our updates on our exterior and landscaping improvements.  Due to a hail storm, we had to get another new roof and siding for the back of the house.  We decided to go ahead and change all the siding since we hated it from day one.

Here's the before:


An ugly yellow siding with an even uglier green accent color.  Also the bushes near the house were taking over!

Here's the after:



We changed the color to a light gray with black accents.  We painted the entry door red, and purchased a new storm door outlined in black.  We also took out the porch railing that was rotting, and poured a new concrete walkway.  Now the entrance is in front of the door instead of coming from the side by the garage.  We still have to cover the new posts and add the composite railing to the two sides...but  I think it's a major improvement!  We also got rid of all the huge bushes and totally changed up the landscaping.  We've still got a few plants to add, but they are looking bright and colorful this spring.  Oh and don't mind the huge cable/electric pole in the middle of the yard by the mailbox.  Gotta love utilities, right?  We're still working on the back landscaping, so once we're finished there I will share.

I'm off to do some packing for the trip.  Wish me luck!

Natalie

23 comments:

  1. Such a cute, cute house and yard! I imagined you living in a cozy little place like that, lol! And have a great time at BBC! By the time I'll go to the one here I may be the one with the breast pump too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new siding and landscaping! Hope you have a wonderful time at BBC - I am sure it will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a world of difference! It looks great!

    Also I didn't even realize there was a bloggy boot camp in Charlotte or I'd have registered! Have so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic! I'm so impressed :) I like the colors that you chose and how well it turned out. Good luck packing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh...that looks great!! I love the color choices. I am in desperate need of landscaping in my front yard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Ya'll did a fantastic job. What a huge difference it made in the after shot. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The makeover looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOH! Really nice!! Especially love the walkway!!
    We'll be at Bloggy Boot Camp! We'll be on the look out for you! We can't wait to meet you!! --The Dose Girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay have fun! I love love love the new look! The house looks brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a safe trip! The new landscaping looks so great!! Love your yard!! It looks so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your house, it's beautiful!

    Have fun at BBC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! It looks so warm and inviting!

    Have fun at BBC!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! What a beautiful transformation! I love the colors you chose and the landscaping is a HUGE improvement! Ya'll are good at this. Outdoor improvements are not my forte. :o) Let's hope all the hail storms stay away so you can keep your house looking this good for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, it looks like a different house! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! And I found the teething necklace. Woop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great - love the landscaping and the new siding!

    See you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your house and yard look awesome! Hope you enjoy the blog conference. Please, give a re-cap on what you learned!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, it looks great!

    So glad we got to meet this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks fantastic! I love the gray with black accents!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home is beautiful girl! All that land makes me jealous. You know we don't get that much here in L.A. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks amazing this year!! the gardener in me is so proud of you!!

    A little tip: don't plant a lilac bush around your utilities. the roots go really deep and and are strong. the guy who checks the boxes on my lawn gave me crap.
    I didn't even plant them - it was here when we moved in.
    and I love them.
    they stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!! It looks great! Your changes are perfect, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips