Ok so I want to start this post by stating I do not live in a the ghetto. I live in a nice, older neighborhood about a mile out of the city limits. It's a really nice area. However, after I tell you this story you probably won't think so!
Last Thursday my husband came home from work and asked me if I had heard all the commotion on our street. I said no I had been in the house, Nolan had been napping, and I was trying to get Nolan's things together so my mother-in-law could watch him for a few hours that evening. Apparently, there were a bunch of cops at the beginning of the road. Two houses down from mine, a 20 year old girl had been mowing the lawn when she said someone had attacked her from behind and tried to strangle her with her head phones. They had sent a helicopter out to find the mystery guy which I remember hearing that because I said to Nolan, "Do you hear the plane?"
Anyhow, I do not know these neighbors. But my other neighbors who have lived on this street forever say that the woman (the mom of the 20 year old) that lives there is an alcoholic and the guy (step-father) is a complete jerk and has been reported for domestic abuse. DRAMA-RAMA is what I say! Then the detective drove past my husband and the other neighbors and said they didn't think the story from the girl had much validity to it since she's been known to do things like this in the past. So basically he said she made it up...which could be true since the neighbors who were in and out of there house across the street didn't even see anything and their yards are very close. At least I hope the story isn't true because I sure don't want to worry about getting attacked in my backyard!
Oh and by the way, my neighbors on the other end of the subdivision held a rock concert on Friday night. Yep full stage with lights and everything. We received no notification about this, but I did see a sign on the road saying it was a benefit for someone. At least it was for a good cause, but the bass thumping did keep me up past midnight!
Hope your neighborhood is much quieter than mine folks :)
Wow that totally sounded like an episode from Cops! :)
ReplyDeleteI saw this new post title on Twitter and immediately rushed over to read the latest drama... :) Your neighborhood is WAY more interesting than mine! Haha! I hope, for your sake, that girl was telling a tall tale... Otherwise, that's scary!
ReplyDeleteThat sucks! I so hope she is just drama filled and made it up. But I can totally understand about the noise. Our old neighborhood was always so loud and we were so happy to get out of it!
ReplyDeleteLOL you can't catch a break w/ your neighbors can you?
ReplyDeleteUgh! I hate neighbor drama. We have some of our own every so often. I am glad that she was making it up though and that there isn't some maniac on the loose!
ReplyDeleteWe moved because of our last neighbors. Even got our tire slashed!
ReplyDeleteSome people have no consideration for others, and others are just plain crazy. Sorry you had to go through that... though thankfully it sounds like she's a loon so you don't have to worry about hanging out in your backyard!
This drama is no fun for you! I hope it's not keeping Nolan from napping/sleeping as usual, because we all know how important that is. I almost went crazy on the neighbors lawn mower man the other day for mowing too loud durning nap time...haha! Momma needs a break!
ReplyDeleteI love how you started off with "I don't live in a ghetto..." LOL
ReplyDeleteyou should hear some of the crazy stories Left Brain tells me each day. the crazy shite people get up to every day - stuns me.
people always ask me if I am afraid for his life, but I just always wonder how many naked people he will have arrested that day. you'd be surprised. LOL
That is super crazy Natalie!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! That is crazy and scary... scary if it really happened and scary if she is crazy enough to make it up too.
ReplyDeleteOh my freaking goodness! Things have been pretty crazy in your neighborhood, huh? I'm glad our neighborhood is generally peaceful.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!! Hopefully for your sake that girl did make up the story and that there isn't a creepster out attacking people! Yikes!
ReplyDeleteYou need to start a blog strictly for your neighborhood stories!!! Neighborhood watch??
ReplyDeleteoh. My. Goodness. That is nuts! I was wondering about your nutty neightbors the other day!
ReplyDeleteMan, at least it's not boring where you live!! Holy cow! My neighborhood is pretty quiet and a little blah, haha, but I can imagine it can't be fun to have all this happening all the time!!
ReplyDeleteWow...I hope that is not true about the girl..that is quite scary!
ReplyDeleteThe most excitement on my street is the new speed bumps put in to slow some of these fast drivers down.
Oh. My. I would've freaked out! Hope it's all really just a drama-rama!
ReplyDeletedrama indeed!!! we had a neighbor that put on a full concert too! Crazy! We were so happy when he moved! LOL!
ReplyDeleteI hope the story about the girl isn't true. In any case, it sounds like their family has some issues to work out. Sad.
Never a dull moment around your place!
ReplyDeleteSo trying to strangle someone with their headphones sounds similar to trying to stab someone with a spoon. Unless her headphones have a MUCH thicker wire than mine do, they're pretty easy to snap... Just sayin'.
Ugh! For real! So not fun. Yes hoping she is making it all up. When we lived in AZ in a nice family neighborhood- the house across from us was rented to a bunch of college students who had a band - blah! Luckily they never played too late
ReplyDeleteYour comments made me laugh about your neighborhood. All neighborhoods have their share of oddballs. I sure hope she made it up, too! It would be awful if it were true and no one believed her. :(
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness girl - I think your neighborhood needs its own reality show...jersey shore aint got nothing on that:) I hope the story about the girl getting attacked while cutting the grass isnt true...stay safe!!!
ReplyDeleteOH man, the sound of a bass is the most obnoxious sound of all when it comes to music! You really do live in an eventful area!
ReplyDeleteOMG!! This is crazy Natalie!!
ReplyDeleteThat is CRAZY!!!!! I would have freaked out!
ReplyDeleteWow, your place is happening. Nobody bothered inviting you to the concert? How rude!!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha there are some crazies out there isn't there!! Maybe she got her earphones tangled on herself and didn't realise lol cause they sound so smart ;)
ReplyDeleteI guess it's just proof that even the best neighborhoods have some crazies! It's pretty funny that she said they tried to strangle her with her headphones. Seriously?
ReplyDeleteSeriously?? That's crazy about the police search and that girl. Why do people do that? And the rock concert? I wouldn't have cared before kids, but if it kept waking my daughter up I think I'd be a little upset!
ReplyDeleteWow! You have a lot going on where you live. Things are quiet this weekend!
ReplyDeleteThe neighbors 2 doors down from my parents are always outside with their music too. It's really annoying. I hope it's quieter around your town now!
ReplyDeleteoh my! seriously crazy sauce!
ReplyDeleteWow. I would be shopping for a new house if I had all this drama in my hood. Not that it's easy to move but wishful thinking never hurt anyone.
ReplyDeleteLove the new blog look! And it sounds like things are getting all white-trash on you!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a lot of drama for one subdivision. I thought I had some wacky neighbors.
ReplyDeleteNever a dull moment, eh?
ReplyDeleteI just hate it when neighbors can be so inconsiderate! They should live in a mountain somewhere...
Oh my gosh!! SO crazy!!!! I hope that she was making it up, too. That's so scary! We are so blessed with normal, quiet neighbors.
ReplyDelete