Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Primal Blueprint Lifestyle Update

I know it's been awhile since I posted an update about the Primal Blueprint eating lifestyle that my husband and I started back in mid-January.  So here's the news:

***My husband has lost about 16 pounds.  He wasn't heavy by any means, but he just wanted to eat healthier.  With his longer hours at work, he is only working out about once a week but staying pretty active.  I can't imagine what he would weigh if had more time available to workout more!  However, the great thing about living this way is that it doesn't require a lot of time in the gym or in the grocery store.

***At this stage in my pregnancy last time with Nolan, I weighed 18 pounds more than I do now.  WHAT?  Isn't that crazy?  I am definitely more active now with being a SAHM and working out, but I know eating better has been a major factor.  Right now I still weigh less with this pregnancy than I did the first time I went to see the doctor about being pregnant with Nolan.  I would have to say these are some fascinating results!

***My husband is no longer starving when he gets home from his 10 hour work days.  Because he eats more protein and healthy fats, he does not have spikes in his blood sugar that used to make him super hungry when he arrived home from work.

***Preparing meals and going to the grocery store is so much easier!  We basically have a meat of some sort and then some type of veggie for a side.  I can make dinner more on the fly, and I don't have to make huge ingredient lists for the grocery store.  I'm mainly in the no hormone or grass fed meat section and the organic and fresh produce section. 

If you have any questions on eating this way, please feel free to ask questions and visit Mark's Daily Apple.  This is where we started our healthier journey!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend---I know it's supposed to be gorgeous weather here--hope it is the same for you :)

21 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some good results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! congratulations!!! i know how my husband is about health, nutrition and exercise! he always tells me protein protein protein! great job you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked out the website and I was with him until the no grains. Just because some people are gluten intolerant doesn't mean we, as a collective species, shouldn't be eating it. Then we'd have to apply that same sort of thinking to everything to be consistent. Because some people are lactose intolerant, none of us should eat dairy? Or because some people have peanut allergies, we can't have nuts? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

    I also don't like how he promotes so many supplements and powders on his website. Did our ancestors have a protein shake every morning? I don't think so.

    Regardless of the few issues I have with his page, it does sound like a good diet to follow and you are certainly seeing some major results! It feels so satisfying to see the changes, I know! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really interesting! And those results are amazing.... We may be starting this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are like the third person I know who started primal diets with the new year and so far everyone is loving it. Feeling better and much healthier! Glad to hear its the same for y'all. I may really have to consider looking into this.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those results are awesome! Way too stick with it! I think lack of consistency is what screws most people over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Meat and veggie? That sounds like a great diet to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you guys - that's awesome!!! My hubs and I have totally been talking about needing to eat healthier, get out and take walks together as a family more (canines included) and get a better night's sleep!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! I hope you guys are doing well:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome that this is going well! I'm so happy that it's working for you guys! I just love pasta too much to ever do this diet fully! :) Happy weekend, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...that is amazing! Way to make a change...I will have to check this out. Lew has started running again and it has definitely helped his energy but if I could get him to eat more protein...that would be great!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What impressive results! So glad it is working so well for your family

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow sounds like its going great!! woohoo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natalie I would love to see a post comparing grocery bills (from before to now) or even breaking down what you get at the store. That is if your comfortable!

    We've also been eating better since little man came along. Once your son starts to eat everything you do it's funny how quickly your menu changes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I'm new to your blog, so I'm just learning about your decision to eat healthier, but wow! You can't deny those results! I'm going to have to look into this since I've just been disgusted with all the bad eating habits/choices I've been making lately. What a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's truly inspiring. I really need to, and want to, eat healthy too. And yes gotta get the exercise going again. Thanks for the jolt to action! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are doing great! Actually you both are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was wondering how you were doing on that. I've been doing a bit of the diet during dinner--meat and veggies. But I miss pasta and will throw it in sometimes. I do need to do more research and read that site.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! i could tell he was thinner when i looked at the previous posts pictures! That"s awesome!1

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool that you are both getting good results.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are some amazing results! I think Caleb has severe spikes in his blood sugar because he will be so hungry and weak at times... maybe I need to think about working this diet into our life! I think it's great that you weigh less with this pregnancy than with Nolan! You look amazing Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dude those stats rock! I have been slackng since I had Jude with eating right, just been snacking more, ugh! Jordan and I are getting more serious next week!

    Congrats to you both mama! Rocking it out! Woowoo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips