My neighborhood is an older one with mostly homeowners. However, about 2 or 3 houses in the neighborhood are owned by some older owners who moved to another location but kept the houses to rent. On my side of the subdivison, we have one house that is rented. It happens to be the one across the street.
This house is a rather big brick house with probably about 2800 square feet if I had to guess. So as you might imagine it can house a lot of people. I've seen about 6 different renters throughout my 6 years of living in my house. Let's just say some of these people have made it quite interesting being their neighbors.
*The first renters were my favorite. It was a family with 3 kids, and they were always very nice. Now given the always reversed their car out of their circle drive...yes you read that a right.."a circle drive" but reversed out and almost hit my mailbox EVERY.TIME. The father did end up hitting my friend's car when she was up to visit me. The guy totally owned up to it and his insurance paid for everything. Still don't understand why you reverse out onto the street when you have a circle drive though...
*The next renters had several people living there...and I never quite got the connection between everyone. However, at 3am EVERY MORNING an extremely loud muffler Mustang would come to visit. It would wake me up every time! I would get so tired of it because it never failed the car would be there at about 3am then leave at like 5am bumping music and starting up it's very loud muffler and engine. I was so glad to see those renters go!
*The third set of renters were pretty interesting. I believe it was a couple, maybe one older kid, and a mother to one of the renters. They also reversed out of the circle drive and destroyed my newly planted mums. We went over to show the damage, and they gave us one of their new mums to replace it. These renters also had a repo of a vehicle on a random Sunday. I was out in the yard killing weeds when I heard the woman yelling at the top of her lungs, "Let her get her stuff out of the car!"
*The 4th set of renters were kind of a shady lot. They were always trying to sell us items such as a ladder from their working truck or just things you would never approach someone about selling. They weren't there very long, and one day I noticed it seemed very quiet and no lights on. Then at dark, the people were moving items out of the house. They came and went a few times but came back at around midnight and that's when the drama began. The neighbor next to this house knows the real owners and gave us the scoop. Apparently, the renters hadn't paid any rent and were trying to sneak their stuff out. They even blocked doors so that the actually owners of the house couldn't get it. The owner then came by and parked his truck in front of the U-Haul so the renters couldn't leave. It was crazy!
*The 5th set of renters were very quiet, and I didn't see much of them. Now that's my kind of neighbor! Their cars weren't loud, and they didn't wake me up at odd hours. However, my husband just came in the house from talking to our other neighbors and said that the man renting the house was staying there with his mistress! So the reason they moved out is because he decided to get back with his wife. What reality show am I on? CRAZY!
*The new renters showed up yesterday with TWO MINIVANS of kids. Not sure if everyone will be living there, but the kids ranged from 3 to like 12. I think I counted 7 kids plus two women. Now yes I am a mom and have a child and one on the way, but I still think to myself , "Oh my, what is this going to be like?" The problem with this house is they don't have a backyard so everything always goes on in the front yard. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best, shall we?
Stay tuned because I'm sure I'll have more!
That is nuts girl! We've had a couple of strange ones at the house across the street from us too with "gypsies" topping out that list---but this takes the cake! This new group will be interesting for sure!
ReplyDeleteHahaha I love this! It's like an episode of a good old soapy :)
ReplyDeleteKeep us informed of what goes on!!
Yes that does sound like a reality show, Natalie!! I'm staying tuned. :)
ReplyDeleteDon't you love all of the "interesting" people out there?! :) We live in an older neighborhood too... Across the street from the "Cat Lady," an elderly spinster who has lived in the beautiful Victorian-style home her entire life... A home which she painted a lovely shade of turquoise. :)
ReplyDeleteCrossing my fingers that the Dugger-esque family doesn't give you too many issues!!
Oh man, this is funny stuff!!! I can't get over that everyone backs out when they've got a circle drive! Isn't that kind of the point?? :o)
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of some of the apartment stories I have from the 3 different apts we've lived in. I guess with any luck in your case, the landlord will get tired of having 7 kids destroy his house and this family will move on. This is EXACTLY why I love living out in the country. ;o)
Oh Lord! That is insane! Neighbors can make or break it sometimes, that is for sure!
ReplyDeleteOur next door neighbors at our old house were nuts. They had one van with a flat tire that the NEVER and I mean NEVER moved and it would block traffic. So annoying. And their dogs were never on leashes.
Oh my! What an interesting house! LOL
ReplyDeleteI still can't figure out who lives in the house behind us. We see so many different people in and out of there.
You should call this the "Renter Chronicles." I'm curious to hear more about this new set of people :)
ReplyDeletePeople are fascinating! When we lived in our condo it was like that with neighbors, all sorts of interesting people coming and going from the rentals. We even had to call the police a few times for strange behavior we saw! Yikes! Now that we are in a newer neighborhood I think most of the homes are owners and it is really quiet for the most part, phew!
ReplyDeletehahaha! That is so funny! It's like you live in a crazy soap opera. I hope to hear more about it! Two vans full of kids, two women.... sounds like a handful to me!
ReplyDeleteWhy can't we pick our neighbors just like we can pick our house?
ReplyDeleteWow! Crazy! If the walls of that house could talk I bet itd have some insane stories!
ReplyDeletecan’t wait to hear whats next! hahaha
ReplyDeleteOh man, I am so nosy so this was fun to read. My neighbors are all pretty uneventful around here. Which, is good, I guess. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd the show could be called...Natalie's Neighbors. I'm thinking sisters and their kids? We have a couple shady neighbors as well, I guess there are some in every neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteOh if the walls to that house could talk!
ReplyDeleteLet's hope this new, large family doesn't keep you and the new baby up!
hehe the 4th set cracked me up the most.. kinda seems like things have gone down hill.. hopefully its time for things to get better now!
ReplyDeletewhat the heck is up with that house!!!? too funny. here's to hoping for the best with the new people! *Fingers crossed* they're going to be awesome
ReplyDeleteThat is a lot of neighbors! And I thought ours were bad with their loud noisy dog! Can't wait to hear about the newest adventure!
ReplyDeleteUh oh! I am nervous for you and your new renters! I hope everything turns out okay!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog! Looking forward to following yours! :)
Oh yes, here is hoping some were just cousins coming to see the new house! Keeping my fingers crosses for you. And maybe you will get some renters like my family :). We always rent not because we can't buy but because we move so much
ReplyDeleteReading this post made me feel SO MUCH BETTER about my 'hood. Seriously, thank you. And I'm petty sure renters #4 have moved in around here.....
ReplyDeleteNatalie that house across the street sounds ridiculous! I can't decide which renters were the worst - WOW! I hope this current set doesn't prove to be as loud/sketchy. 2 mini-vans of kids though, and two women?! Things could get insane!
ReplyDeleteWow, that would make for some interesting reality TV! I feel sorry for the owner of that house having to always deal with this mess! I'd be selling that place as fast as I could.
ReplyDeleteyou and your neighbors should chip in and rent it just to keep the chaos out.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, you're going to end up on a reality show. Or the news! Haha. That's too funny!
ReplyDeleteCrazy! We just got new neighbors across the street from us too. Fortunately, they only have 2 kids (so far)! Keep us posted on the drama!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness....that's crazy - people never cease to amaze me!! I hope the new renters make good neighbors!!!
ReplyDeleteHope you guys are having a great week!!!
Oh my holy wow! That sounds a lot more exciting than the reality shows on tv (bec you know those are staged) and this is real! keep us posted on this new family's drama! haha
ReplyDeleteThat is just plain crazy!! I hope everything turns out okay for you all!
ReplyDeleteThis is so interesting! I have neighbors that do everything in the front yard, too. Two have even transformed their garages into huge patios, basically. I like backyards, but...people like to make it an open party on the street, I guess. Thanks for the entertainment!
ReplyDeleteLol! Hilarious! Sometimes you just have to laugh about how normal life can just seem so dramatic!
ReplyDeleteWe live in a condo unit so the worst we have to deal with it is construction nearby. Just recently we were told that our visitor parking is actually owned by a nearby developer and they are going to start developing so they have completely blocked off our visitor parking. Of course, this happens the week I am due! I know that we are going to have so many visitors and helpers over the next little while and I have no idea where they will park!
That's an insane amount of strange neighbors!! I hope that this situation turns out to be a good one... sending positive thoughts your way, girl!
ReplyDelete