Every time I say "in the year 20__" I always think of this Conan O'Brien skit. It always cracks me up.
Anyways, back to the serious stuff. I really can't believe it is 2012...I feel like 2011 had just started. But I guess once you have a kid time flies by. I never would have thought that I would have started a blog in 2011 or that my son would now be over a year old.
I've seen a lot of resolutions and 2012 goal posts so I thought I would join in on the fun. Here are some of my goals for the year 2012.
*To continue to try to read a book a month. I've really started reading a lot since I hijacked my husband's kindle...but now that I've got my own I can really go crazy! I am currently reading the Game of Thrones series. These books are long, and I'm on book 4 out of 5. Almost there!
*To save X amount of dollars each month. I've always been a super saver, but now my town is getting a Costco and a Publix so I'm hoping to stretch out more of my couponing skills. Last year we had to adjust to having only one income, so we didn't save as much as we did on a dual income. However, we still were able to meet our savings goal of last year.
*To attend Stroller Strides twice a week. I've met some great moms through this group and not to mention gotten a good workout. Now it will be even more fun since Nolan is older and can interact more with other children.
*To attend a beginner sewing machine class. My mother-in-law bought me a brand spanking new sewing machine for Christmas. I have never even used one before, so I'm going to need a crash course to get started. I'm excited to learn though!
*To attend a photography class. My husband purchased a new spiffy lens for me, so now I need to learn how to use it.
*To cook or eat at home at least 4 times a week. We did pretty good with this last year. Obviously, this also counts if you eat leftovers at home. And who doesn't love a night that you don't have to cook because you have leftovers?!
*To attend a fun activity with Nolan once a week. This could be storytime such as Baby Bookworms, playdates, the zoo, or any other fun "free" activities that we can find.
*To finish all small projects throughout the house. I'm hoping that my husband and I can finish out all the small projects we have on our list. We have already started off on the right foot by totally reorganizing the whole garage on Jaunary 1st! We put in some heavy duty shelving that allowed me to move suitcases, Nolan's clothes that are too small, his swing, and all the holiday decorations into one place. It's amazing!
*To sell our house and buy a new one. We are hoping to be in a bigger house by the end of the year!
I believe that's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure I'll write some more down. Hope 2012 is treating you well so far!
Totally reasonable goals, Natalie. Good luck and happy new year!
ReplyDeleteI had never seen that Conan clip before. hilarious!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have some great goals and a potential move sounds super exciting!
ReplyDeleteHappy 2012! Looks like some great goals - good luck!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, those sound like some great goals!
ReplyDeleteThese are great goals!! I especially like your book per month goal and photography class - sounds so fun! And kudos to you for learning how to sew! And that's great you're getting a Publix - you will save so much!
ReplyDeleteWe have the eat/cook at home thing too. We usually do it Mon-Thurs. It's the weekends that get us.
ReplyDeleteGreat goals for the new year, Natalie! Good luck with it all, not that you need it! I'm excited for the idea of a potential move for you :) EEE! Maybe I'll have to come visit ;)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you've covered it from big to small! I wish I could do a book a month. I think blog reading and writing keeps me from doing it. Maybe I need to reconsider....
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with the house!
I think you might just pull those off! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great list and very attainable. Happy New Year! I have to check into this stroller strides too..thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDeleteThose are such good goals! Good luck and happy new year!
ReplyDeleteGreat goals. Ours is to get organized and purge stuff we don't want. We're looking to move too and we ask ourselves "Do we want to pack this?" If the answer is no we chunk it or donate it. You will love your sewing machine. There are plenty of videos you can watch online too if you need it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great list of goals! I totally started game of thrones thanks to your recommendation.. I am about 250 pages into the first book :-) Loving it so far!
ReplyDeleteLove your goal approach!
ReplyDeleteThe book one is huge for me ... I miss reading ... surely blog reading counts for something 'cerebral' right ;)
great goals. I'm signed up for a photography class now. Can't wait to get started!
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot! But, I don't have doubts in you at all! I, too, remember the O'Brien skit. Now it will be stuck in my head all night! :)
ReplyDeleteOkay, you are now the fourth person who's mentioned A Game of Thrones!!! My curiosity is definitely peaked!!
ReplyDeleteYour goals sound very manageable!
Happy New Year!!
Love your goals! They definitely seem attainable! We are hoping to be in a bigger house with a bigger yard before this year is over, too!!
ReplyDeleteAll great goals! I also hope to read more this year and I'd love to take a photography class.
ReplyDeleteHappy 2012!
What do you think of Game of Thrones? I thought about reading it but wasn't sure if it would be good.
ReplyDeleteGreat goals! Wishing you a happy 2012!
ReplyDeleteYou've got some great goals!
ReplyDeletethese sound like awesome goals for the year!!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on reading a book a month and finishing small projects around the house. Great goals!
ReplyDeletei feel the same way--where in the world did 2011 go!! i love all your goals, i would love to learn how to sew myself! conan is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteWhat great goals! I'm sure you'll get there
ReplyDeletelove your goals...and a new house - thats way exciting!!!! I've always wanted to learn to sew so you'll have to keep me updated on how the class goes!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, friend!!