Friday, December 30, 2011

The Christmas Recap

Wow it feels like forever since I last blogged...and it's just been over a week!  My husband has been off work so we've been enjoying our Christmas together.  It's Nolan's 2nd one, and he started it off on the right foot *literally* by starting to walk on the 20th.  He has not looked back since.  It's crazy how once he decided to do it, he went all out. 

On the night before Christmas Eve my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, Nolan, and I went to a local park that decorated the whole park in Christmas lights.  They have Santa, Gingerbread Houses, Snowmen, and many other types of Christmas scenes.  Nolan loved the lights and kept pointing to all the different ones.  At the end, we did get a stroller picture next to Santa since the one we tried to get on Santa's lap earlier that day did not work out due to a crying child.  Let's just say this Santa was a little on the creepy side, so I don't blame him.
On Christmas Eve, we went to my in-laws and had strata and opened presents.  Nolan decided it would be more fun to push the kitchen chairs around than open presents. 
We then spent a quiet morning at home on Christmas Day enjoying the gifts Santa had brought.  Nolan loved his new bean bag and tunnel.
 The day after Christmas we headed to my parents' house that's about 3 1/2 hours away.  Nolan definitely got way too many toys!  We'll have to put some up and bring some out later.  Or buy a bigger house!

Oh and I finally finished my stockings right before Christmas...with a little help from my mother-in-law.  Here's the result:

Hope everyone had a great Christmas with their families and a Happy New Year!

22 comments:

  1. The stockings turned out great! Looks like Nolan had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stockings are awesome!!! Glad you guys had a great Christmas! He looks so happy in his tunnel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stockings look great. It sounds like you had a great Christmas. I love his little sweater vest, he looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those stockings! Glad y'all had such a wonderful Christmas! Nolan looked so cute bundled up next to Santa. I'm surprised to see this Santa doesn't have a real beard. I thought that only happens in Malaysia :)
    Have a very Happy New Year friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took a week off too!
    Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas! And those stockings are so cute!! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great Christmas!! Those stockings are so cute!! Have a great New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great Christmas! And lovely stockings.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Nolan can walk! Now you have to start chasing him around :)

    Un-blogging for a week or so is good, because it gives us the chance to reconnect with the ones we love. You feel good, don't you?

    Looks like you had a merry Christmas... I wish you a happy 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so cute, love the video of him walking! Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love the stockings! And cute little Nolan! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those stockings turned out great! Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH how I love how your stockings came out. So, so cute!

    Your idea of putting toys away and pulling them out later is such a good one.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great recap. Your stockings are adorable! It's so fun when the kids start to walk. A whole new world for them (& you!). Glad you had a little blogging break to enjoy the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those stockings! So cute...you will have to post a tutorial!

    I am with you on the toy department...way too many!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad Christmas was wonderful, I bet it was completely different than expected with him walking!!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The stockings are so cute! Looks like you had a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like he had a fun xmas! Enjoy the learning to walk stage...bring on his independence :-)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your stocking turned out so cute! That's exciting that he's walking everywhere! I love that stage. Your little guy is adorable! Happy New Year Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! :) I absolutely love the stockings, they look so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a cutie pie! i recognize those pajamas he has on! :) and that's so exciting about him walking... those are some adorable stockings!!! sorry this sounds like it should be in bullets haha... glad you guys had a great christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE the stockings - great job, girl!!! I'm so glad you guys had such a wonderful Christmas - the tunnel and bean bag are super cute and he looks super comfy in his bean bag:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips