Monday, December 12, 2011

Dinner and a Movie

I usually don't go to the theater to see new movies because it's so freakin' expensive.  However, for my birthday I did receive a gift certificate to go to the movies.  YAY!  Since I had to go watch Breaking Dawn in theaters to get the full effect, right?  Anyways, I must say that this Twilight movie is probably almost my least favorite in the series.  Yes I know the first one has the bad effects and cheaply done but I felt that Breaking Dawn was drawn out way too long.  I'm sure it's because they are trying to get all the money they can by dividing the last book into two parts.  And I'm sure it wanted to let the loyal Twilight followers have their fill of the Edward/Bella love story.  But good gosh...get on with the storyline will ya?  I'm definitely looking more forward to the second movie since that one will have more action.  Did you see the movie and if so what did you think?

However, I am totally excited for some upcoming releases that I will go to the theater to see.  The American version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is out next week.  I read the whole series, so I can't wait to watch this on the big screen.  Now I'm actually REALLY excited about The Hunger Games coming out in March.  I read through that series in like a week and absolutely LOVED it.  I think it will make for a great movie with all the action. 


Have you read these series and are you excited about the movies?

39 comments:

  1. The book is always better!

    In most cases anyway. I don't read Twilight, and haven't read the other two you mentioned. I guess I need to catch up on my reading (or movie watching)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited about the Hunger Games movie! I finally watched Twilight for the first time just a few weeks ago and it wasn't half bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine that Breaking Dawn is drawn out too much! I definitely liked those books better than the movies! And I haven't read Hunger Games but because everyone raves I really need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read the Twilight series but my husband has. He really enjoys them, as for me I only watch the movies. I'm so excited for the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the Hunger Games since I read both of those and loved them! I haven't been to the movies in over a year though...how sad is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of those series. Well, wait, I started the Twilight books but I just couldn't get into them after the 2nd book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much of a movie go-er BUT, I did read the Twilight series and LOVED it. I actually havent seen any of the movies but maybe once they are all out I'll do a marathon weekend:)

    Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. me and a girlfriend, both desperate to get out of the house for an evening, went to the movies. we didn't even care - but Breaking Dawn was our little town's only offering. we had no clue. hadn't read the books, hadn't seen the movies. all the teen girls were only to happy to fill us in on all the details. LOL
    I guess the movie was okay.....but they neglected to say it was Part 1 of 2 for the finale. argh!
    That Hunger Games movie looks really, really good. will have to catch that one with hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've seriously heard so much about the hunger games! i don't even know what the series is all about. i never got into the whole twilight thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think if they had tried to get it into one it wield have felt rushed- but yes it was a bit long ( though I loved it still). One three hour movie for the whole last book would have been perfect but movies are rarely that long.

    And so so excited about Hunger Games, the trailers give me chills!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Books were definitely better! Glad you had a night out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We almost never watch movies in theaters either, but lately we've found some great deals online for half off, so we've been there a few times last month. It's kinda nice to take a break from parenthood and relax :-)
    Oh, and I really want to see the girl with the dragon tattoo too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can not wait for The Hunger Games! I actually just started rereading them! haven't had a chance to see Breaking Dawn yet, we almost never get out for movies anymore! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't even get me started about The Hunger Games. I cannot even WAIT! I read the first Girl with the... book and have the other two. I need to read them! I watched the first movie in Swedish and really liked it. The book was better. Of course. Also, I totally agree with you about them drawing out Breaking Dawn too long!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's ridiculous that they're stretching Breaking Down into two movies... I cannot wait for Hunger Games either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My daughter told me about the book Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I read two chapters and didn't like it. She told me to keep reading. A week later I had read all 3 books and was sad there wasn't a 4th book LOL. I'd love to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never read or seen any of the series. Gosh, these days we only watch kids movies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I knew i liked you:) Hunger Games is my favorite series of books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so with you about breaking dawn.. And wowza, how good does hunger games look?? cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so non main stream I know nothing about Twilight. But I would go for a dinner and a movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did you read the Twilight books? The first part of Breaking Dawn was the build up to the end so the movie followed along with it although it was probably the worst movie of the series so far.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm looking forward to the Hunger Games! Though after I read the books I had disturbing dreams for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The movies never do justice to the books, I guess :)

    I miss going to the movies...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I read somewhere that we shouldn't "Judge a book by it's movie." Hehe.

    Anyway, I've read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and the others books on the series. I hope the movie adaptation doesn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree with Alison's comment that the book is always better. I haven't read any of Twilight nor am I a fan of the movies (DON'T HATE ME!). But i requested The Hunger Games from the library, so I'm excited to read that series before it comes out in theatres!

    ReplyDelete
  25. We have a place by us where you get dinner and drinks while you watch the movie. It's fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. i cannot wait for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo!! loved the books so much.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't want to see Twilight at all, but the other two are definite musts!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love reading the books. I try to avoid the movies and not just because they are expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have never been a big movie goes. I really haven't seen many since becoming a mama. I think my last movie was SATC 2. Don't judge!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't gotten into that but I'm always ready to get excited about something new!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've read the girl with the dragon tattoo and loved it. Also don't know much about the Twilight stuff but I did catch parts of the 1st movie last week and the 2nd one the week after. Haven't heard much on Hunger Games though...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well, I love Twilight, but yes.. the first movie I think was a little dragged out. But, I think if they tried to squeeze the whole book into two hours, it would have been VERY rushed. So I was happy with it. :) & I have heard SO much about the Hunger Games series. I need to read it before it comes out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I haven't read any of these, but have heard so much about them. Looks like I need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have yet to see the Breaking Dawn thought I must say I'm not a fan with the Twilight saga movie but I read the book. And I'll lie if I say I didn't enjoy while reading it all.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am so busy reading indie books that I still haven't read The Hunger Games trilogy, though they are sitting in my pile calling to me. Must read them before March! I always enjoy the book best, but I love me a good movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Should add that I haven't read the Twilight series either, and likely never will get around to it, so the movies will have to do for me! :(

    ReplyDelete
  37. I thought it rally dragged on, too.

    I haven't read the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo yet.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I can't wait for those two movies as well!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I keep hearing about The Hunger Games. I might have to check out the books..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips