This past weekend we finally went out and cut down a Christmas tree. I know, I know most people do it the day after Thanksgiving, but we have usually always gone the week after. We've been to many tree farms throughout the years, so we never know where we are going to go because the prices always seem to change or the quality of trees aren't very good. A lot changed from last year...Nolan was only a few months old and slept through the whole adventure. We had him bundled up so much you couldn't even see his face. It was so cold! This year it was close to 60 degrees so quite a difference in the temperature.
Here's last year's pic:
And the pics from this year:
Do you cut your tree down, have a fake tree, or both? :)
We have a fake tree b/c of Ben's allergies, but I miss a real tree.
ReplyDeleteSo much difference in just one year!!
ReplyDeleteI want to get our tree, like right NOW, but the kids actually keep saying, No mommy...there has to be snow when we go the tree farm. we can't go without snow!
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought, well yes, they are right....there has always been snow!
I may be Canadian, but I never thought I'd be saying, Where is the Snow? LOL
So true, Christmas is just around the corner! We've yet to experience having a real Xmas tree though.
ReplyDeleteWhat a difference a year makes! Your pictures are gorgeous. I've always wanted to go to a tree farm but I don't think we'll ever do that.
ReplyDeleteOh wow- what a difference a year makes! We still don't have our tree.
ReplyDeleteWhat a difference a year makes! We got a real tree this year yay!! We'd used a fake one in the past but I much prefer a real one :)
ReplyDeleteI put up so many, they have to be fake and I like to leave them up for too long. One year we did a real one, and our cats thought it was their own personal water bowl!
ReplyDeleteBut have never gone to cut one down ... great shots!
We always get a real one. We'll get ours this week. I don't like to get it too early because they dry out.
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
ReplyDeleteWe have a fake tree but growing up we always cut one down. The real trees are just so expensive around here and fake trees have gotten so cheap.
ReplyDeleteGreat great pictures!!
Beautiful pics of the 3 of you!! I bet a real tree smells so good and it sure looks fun :) We have a fake but it's 7ft and gorgeous :) Can't wait to see yours all decorated!
ReplyDeleteWe go the fake tree route and I'm ok with that. Although I'm jealous that we won't have cute photo ops like this one!!
ReplyDeleteI love the difference between last year and this year's pic!!! You should start doing this as a tradition every year and soon enough, he'll be tall enough to touch the top of the tree! So bittersweet, right??
ReplyDeleteWe go with an artificial tree, mainly because I have this weird fear that I'll forget to water a real tree and it'll get all old and crusty and eventually catch on fire.
What a difference a year is! Such adorable pictures!
ReplyDeleteLove the family photos, Natalie! I have a real tree in my real house ;) We used to cut down our tree growing up, but as we've gotten older we've just bought a pre-cut real tree. Always a real tree!
ReplyDeleteToo cute. We get a real tree but we just go to a tree lot to get it, we don't cut it down ourselves. The kids love it soo!! Make sure you don't hang any ornaments in Nolan's reach!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie pie! I bet he enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteWe buy a tree but one already cut. There is a tree farm about an hour and a half from our house, but we were just too busy this year to make the trek. W was more into the rocks where we stopped instead of the trees, but he did help me decorate a little bit.
We have never bought a real tree before! But it looks like such a fun adventure when you pick one out! Y'all are such a cute family!
ReplyDeleteWhat a difference a year makes. We have to get on it with the tree. We have gone out to get a real one the last couple of years.
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute in his little scarf! We have a fake tree. I've never had a real one, but it's never bothered me.
ReplyDeleteWe do a fake tree due to JDaniel's allergies. What a wonderful family picture!
ReplyDeleteWe are all about the real trees but we buy them cut. I think a trip to the tree farm would be fun too. Love the pics!
ReplyDeleteLovely family! Lovely pictures! We have fresh cut trees but we don't do the cutting ourselves. We go to a Christmas Tree Lot! It usually takes us hours because I'm too darn picky. A trait I inherited from my mother!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! And how different things were for us all a year ago! We always cut down our own, I love it. It is a tradition that will stay in our family for a long time :)
ReplyDeleteI have ALWAYS wanted a real tree, but theres no way that could happen with Eric & Peyton's allergies. Such cute pictures though! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's such a nice experience to go cut down your own Christmas tree. We're fake tree people over here.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! :)
What cute pictures! I love your scarf. :) We have a real-looking fake one this year.
ReplyDeleteAMAZING how much a kid can grow in one year!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are having both this year! A fake one in the living room (already up) and a real one in our entryway (still need to go cut it down!) The fake one is more for the kids.. it's on the carpeted floor but since it's fake I don't have to worry about it shedding all over the place! It has all the fun home made ornaments and colored lights... then our real one will have only nicer ornaments with white lights and will more be our "for show" tree :)
WOW...what a difference a year makes!!! We always buy a real tree from the same church every year but I really wish we had a tree farm around here where we could cut our own - thats such a cool idea!!! There is nothing better than the smell of a fresh christmas tree in your house:)
ReplyDeleteIsn't that amazing. When you put the two photos together, what a difference a year makes!not you though, you haven't changed a bit ;)
ReplyDeleteI think it's so fun that you go to the tree farm! Once we have our own house and don't travel as much at Christmas I want to do this!
ReplyDeleteyour son is all cute and bundled up last year! adorable! i love your outfit you wore natalie, the orange scarf is awesome
ReplyDeleteCrazy how much difference one year makes!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteWe always have a real tree, but don't cut it down ourselves.