One big reason is that I love watching Nolan's imagination run wild. To see him talking to his trains, little Lego guys, cars, or his Octonauts always puts a smile on my face.
He then has started to tell stories and somehow they always end up with a monster in them (cue scary music).
Just yesterday we were outside, and he wanted to build a bridge for his cars out of some wood we have been using for the deck.
If I could bottle up these memories and innocence I totally would. Seeing things through the eyes of a child is a magical experience and one I don't want to forget.
Conley experienced his first "walking" Easter Egg Hunt. We hosted a KMB Easter Party at our local Little Gym, and it was a huge hit! The kids had a blast, and I love bringing together other moms.
We've got a big yard weekend planned with moving some plants to my raised square foot garden bed and some landscaping. Loving our bright pink crabapple tree (see photo at top) that we planted about a year ago. Finally getting the full blooms we were hoping to see!
What are your weekend plans?
Conley experienced his first "walking" Easter Egg Hunt. We hosted a KMB Easter Party at our local Little Gym, and it was a huge hit! The kids had a blast, and I love bringing together other moms.
(Beautiful table by In Flight Celebrations)
We've got a big yard weekend planned with moving some plants to my raised square foot garden bed and some landscaping. Loving our bright pink crabapple tree (see photo at top) that we planted about a year ago. Finally getting the full blooms we were hoping to see!
What are your weekend plans?
Natalie


Aubrey's imagination is running while too! It's so cute to see it. Just this morning she was playing with two toys in the car making them talk to each other and do lots of things. Just so darn cute.
ReplyDeleteWe're going to an Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow! And the big one is actually next week but we're excited about this.
ReplyDeleteAnd my sister is coming and she's newly engaged! So I'll be doing engagement photos as a gift for them.
I love this time of year. Good luck on your yard festivities this weekend; I'm sure it will give your little guys even more of a chance to play outside and come up with creative little stories. It's amazing how nature often inspires these little outbursts of imagination. (My son is five, and thankfully their little imaginations keep soaring at this age too.) Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteLove imaginations!! So fun! Our weekend plans involve de-cluttering the rest of the house in prep for a yard sale next month :-)
ReplyDeleteNow that I think about it, 3 was a really fun age with Lexie, too. I miss her sweet voice and how excited she'd get over EVERYTHING when she was that little. :)
ReplyDeleteI love their imaginations, too.
ReplyDeleteAnd you tree is gorgeous! We don't have blossoms here yet, but I am so looking forward to it.
Their imaginations are AMAZING! The things they come up with...
ReplyDeleteOur weekend was laid back for once! We're usually so busy. I can appreciate the laid back times.
Sounds like a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteKid imaginations are awesome.
That tree is gorgeous!! I have a bare spot where we took down a sickly tree and I wonder if that kind of tree would work in our climate? I'd love some kind of flowering tree. I have enough maple leafs to rake in the fall - something that doesn't drop leaves would be nice.
ReplyDeleteOur weekend was all about Angel Girl turning 7 - a magical age of it's own. Still prone to temper tantrums and sass - but starting to be a big girl who made sure all her guests felt welcome and played together.
Looks like a fun Easter celebration you had!
The party looks fantastic! And you're right, seeing things through their eyes is amazing! :)
ReplyDeleteMeyer's imagination is endless too! It's so amazing watching what they come up with in those little noggins!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE when you start to see their imaginations come to life! Listening to my 6 y.o. is just pure delight!-Ashley
ReplyDeleteYour boys are so cute! Look at all those Easter treats! I think I'm in denial that Easter is so soon. Our bunny has some work to do!
ReplyDeleteThose blooms are beautiful! I love flowering trees. Sounds like it was a great week
ReplyDeleteWatching their imagination run wild has been one of my favorite things about watching them grow up too!
ReplyDelete