Monday, January 27, 2014

Old Man Winter

Old Man Winter has definitely made his presence known.  This has probably been the coldest winter I have experienced since being an adult.

To all my Canadian friends, how in the world do you do it? I am not made for these cold temperatures!  Or rather I hate being cold!

I am so ready for spring that whenever I see the sun it tricks me into thinking it is actually warm until the wind blows and cuts through my coat.

Nolan asks about making a snowman, but we haven't really had enough snow to do that.  Then I realize he doesn't own any boots or gloves equipped for making snowmen.  I suppose if we get enough snow we'll just wing in our new balances and knit gloves!

2014 might be a cold year so far, but it's not stopping my calendar from filling up with dates.  We are already reaching in April for some scheduled activities!

Besides the cold weather, I don't have a lot on my mind as far as writing goes...so I'll share some great posts we've had on KMB in the last few weeks:

Is Mommy Happy?
Finding a New Normal

And then some of our KMB contributors have had some wonderful posts on their own blog.  Kristen shared her heart and soul on Let Your Husband Love You.  I really loved her post, and it was crazy to see it go as viral as it did. But what saddened me, the more it grew the more hateful people became about her motives. It just goes to show you the Not-So-Nice Part of Being Online as I wrote about is still so true.  People get very brave behind their computers and feel the need to tear people down.  Do you think every post written is about you?  I personally do not, but many people who read posts from writers or bloggers feel like that person has a personal agenda against them.  Smell the roses people, you just are not that important!

On another note, Laura wrote about how we should have more encouragement in our blog world.  I found this idea refreshing and something that we all can do.  I'm grateful for you guys who have always been a supportive community, and I wish everyone online could share a little joy.  It really couldn't hurt, could it?

Hope you are surviving the arctic temps, and enjoy these great reads!

Natalie

12 comments:

  1. When people become so offended by something they read from another poster, it very often has more to do with THEM, than the poster. It doesn't make sense to get so worked up as to leave vile, hateful remarks and personal attacks ---- unless you feel threatened yourself in some way. Which is totally EGO.
    I wrote about this on my BlogHer blog. Once you understand that, these people are easy to dismiss as purely attention seeking trolls.

    as for winter. I think we just become used to it. It's been like this since I was born, so I don't know any different. It is very doubtful I would last long in the heat of Texas or Arizona.

    But I am still gonna think about that heat for a bit while I sip my tea by the fire. Ignore those snow drifts against my window. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter took a while to get here but it has arrived in full force. I grew up in AZ and I am not made for winter. My boys on the other hand love it and all they can talk about is the snow. yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you know that I am not made for this cold weather!!! I can not wait for spring!!! Even with all of our snow it hasn't been snowman worthy so it's not really enjoyable. Lol

    I am definitely going to go read those posts. I hate the anonymous bullying and think that's it's ridiculous since we are looking for positive attitudes here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like we may finally get snow here today. It will be only an inch or two, but schools are closing early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have lost my ability to deal with the cold very quickly! And Kristen's post? I just read it. It was wonderful! Can't people agree to disagree without taking things personally or getting nasty?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surviving the temps in Florida. 80 degrees and sunny. Usually though, we don't have this option. On most years, I suffer a lot.
    People being mean on the internet? They need lives! We all support each other very well, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read the 'Let You Husband Love You' article. SO good! I remember those days, even though we're pretty far past them now!

    It is so cold here, too! No snow....just rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like when winter feels like winter, so I am not unhappy with it myself, but that being said...I would not want to be in Minnesota! ;)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think every blogger kind of dreams of a post going viral, but yea for some reason as soon as it does the haters will come out too so sometimes I think it wouldn't be worth it. A video of Ryder when was was little and would start crying as soon as Eric came home until he picked him up, went viral about 8 months after I posted it, it has over a million hits now. It was so exciting and I loved it but then some really nasty comments started coming, even things like "why is his mom letting him cry, she must be an ugly whore and that probably isn't the baby's daddy"-- I deleted those comments but I was like, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am over winter too!! It has been so cold here and we even got snow! That is so rare down here in SC, and I'm ready for spring and summer and getting a tan!! Hope you are surviving ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved that post about letting your husband love you.... it really made me realize sometimes he just wants a hug or a kiss... nothing more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am pretty used to the cold - being Canadian and all - but I can see how it would be so hard if you are not equipped for it. Being cold is no fun! I hope the warmer temps return to you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips