Everyone is full of hope and drive, and even though not everyone reaches those goals I find we all enjoy the direction and the purpose.
This year has started on the right foot for my family with the husband starting a new job.
With this new job, there are hopes of us building our new house by the end of the year. We already own the land so now we've just been waiting for the right timing.
There are also hopes of saving more money and putting back as much as possible. I live to be a huge saver but being on one income and two more human beings in the house it's not always so easy.
I am excited about the full year of KMB, and hope we are able to grow the blog and host many events throughout the community.
Last year I surpassed my goal of reading 30 books! I am probably going to keep it at 30 again this year because who knows if I can reach that again. Are you on Goodreads?
I have a one photo book to edit and a new scrapbook to start. I am torn on if I should continue to scrapbooks and photo books? I have basically caught up my photo books up to the end of 2013. But the scrapbooks are way behind...I know some photos are repeats in both so I am wondering if I should just stick to the photo books? Thoughts? I do have both boys newborn scrapbooks done though.
My goals for this blog is to continue to blog about twice a week. I would love to do three, but I just don't know if that is possible with managing KMB as well.
I love my blogging community that I have built over the past two years, so I want to be sure to continue keep it up. I love you guys!
I still want to cook at least four meals at home during the week, and if I could do five even better!
A new goal for me will be working out. We actually joined the local Y, so my goal is to go at least two and maybe three times a week. They have a good 9:30 class I can attend while Nolan is at MDO, and Conley can be in the childcare at the Y. I really can't wait to get moving! I feel so "blah" after the holidays.
What are your goals for 2014?
What are your goals for 2014?
Natalie
So exciting about the house!
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on growing KMB!
I need to get moving, too. Though I'm going to attempt to work out at home while the kids are at school. Though it was much easier to go to the gym when they were younger so that they could be in childcare.
I would love to be able to read just 1 book! I've been doing really well with cooking, but I feel like I'm SO behind on everything else and I don't know how to stay on top of it. I guess it'll get easier once the baby is a little more independent. He's not even sitting up so I'm still holding him a lot. I'd like to learn to take better pictures this year and get back to sewing. I'm not going to take on too much if I can help it. Good luck with building the new house! How exciting.
ReplyDeleteOh yay for the new job and hopefully being able to build a new house this year!!! I live my gym time, so yay you for joining the Y. I live this twelve week program that I have been doing and can't wait to see the results when I am done.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your hubby's new job and the new home at the end of this year! That's exciting to look forward to! And seriously 30 books? I'd love to just be able to read 1 a month!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on growing KMB! That's a huge deal. And your husband's new job! I do love the refresh of January, and it's almost like there's a visual presence of the flipping of a calendar year. Everything looks brighter and warmer and lighter, because it gets a little bit that way every day. And then darker again, but that's nearly a year away.
ReplyDeleteMy goals are career-oriented and health-oriented. Not very original! And I want to see moose.
A new house - that is exciting news! and you'd be involved building it from scratch? (I mean, with the decisions - not that you'd actually be out there with a tool belt on - ha.) what an adventure for sure.
ReplyDeleteHave you ever heard of Blurb? You can make photo books there. I did a couple for the grandparents for Christmas, and I my project to finish in 2014 is to finish one my poetry and garden pictures. It even has a section where you can put your book for sale too. I am planning on doing a post about it eventually, but it's pretty easy to use. They don't sponsor me or anything - I just like the site/service.
Congrats about the new job and the new house. 2014 will be a great year for you!
ReplyDeleteThese look like great goals!! I haven't blogged about mine yet but I hope to get them up on the blog this week!
ReplyDelete2014 sounds like a great year for you!
ReplyDeleteThis year I'm hoping to run a total of 400 miles. And on the home front, yell less....
Looks like it'd be a great year of building for you in every way, Natalie!
ReplyDeleteGreat goals! I can't wait to follow along:)
ReplyDeleteWhere do you do your photo books from ? I want to start but don't know which company. Oh and I requested to be friends with you on goodreads!
ReplyDeleteNatalie, I am so glad to be a part of your blogging community! I wish I could post more on my blog as well - but I think a little is better than none. And no, I'm not on goodreads. But I need to be!
ReplyDeleteSounds like 2014 is going to be a busy one for you. Working out is on my list this year for sure. Gotta get moving!
ReplyDeleteI just added you on Goodreads! I read 25 books last year, but I don't think I'll be able to do that again. I'm a slow reader so it takes me awhile to finish!
ReplyDeleteYou know, I'd say give yourself a break on the scrapbooks and photo books. But this is coming from someone who hasn't printed off a picture since 2010. {I have the photo frames to prove it! Ha!} I organize all of my photos chronologically on the computer in folders by year. That's the extent of my scrapbooking. ;o) Blogging sort of counts as scrapbooking, too, right?
Congratulations to your hubby! :) Here is hoping 2014 is a fantastic year for your family! My goal this year is definitely to get back to exercise. It is time.-Ashley
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you will be having a wonderful year. I need to start exercising too.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your husband and the house sounds wonderful too! Here's to an amazing 2014!! Happy New Year Natalie!
ReplyDeleteThese are great! And you'll definitely feel less "blah" after exercising. I know I always do! And good job on the book reading, wow!
ReplyDeleteHow do you do your photo books? Do you print actually pictures and put them in an album or get it printed as a book? I am wanting to do a photo book this year, I used to print the picture thing but I am thinking of changing to just a book more instead
ReplyDelete