Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fall Festivities

Wow it's Thursday? It seems my days have been flying by lately!  Before you know it, we'll be into full blown holiday cheer!

For some reason, I have felt like Halloween has last forever this time.  Maybe because we started celebrating with the Pumpkin Patch very early this year.  All I can say is I'm ready to take my decorations down and move just to fall.

Last night, daddy and Nolan carved his first pumpkin  Surprisingly, Nolan actually put his hand in to get the "guts" out.  I never in a million years thought he would do that since he's weird about sticky things.  But he did, and they had a great time!


(Please ignore the photo bombing of Conley behind our glass door!)

Conley is growing and becoming more like a big boy.  He started really cruising about two weeks ago, and I believe probably by Thanksgiving he'll be a walker.  It's so weird to see him standing everywhere like a little man!


Did you do any pumpkin carving this year?

Natalie

16 comments:

  1. Your little photobomber is so cute!! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiden is so weird about touching sticky weird things too but he surprised me too when he was that age. pumpkin carving is definitely all fun for the kiddos but a lot of work for the parents :) happy halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pictures of your boys! Hope you had a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, adorable. Des just started cruising a lot within the last few months, and we say he'll walk by Christmas. (Thanksgiving would be nice) Scarlet says Valentine's Day but I don't really want to get into it with her that by then he'll 20 months and there is no way that the doctors would go that long without prescribing occupational therapy! However, yes she's right. He will be walking by Valentine's Day, but hopefully much sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven't even bought a pumpkin yet! I think we may try to do it this weekend, though, even if it means we're a little late. It's been a tradition to carve one every year, so I feel like we can't skip a year! Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pumpkin carving photos and Conley's car smiles are so adorable!! We didn't get our pumpkin until Thursday morning and we had to have a quickie carving session before everyone got into their costumes! We were cutting it CLOSE this year!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. We didn't carve pumpkins this year. It's going to be a must do on our list for next year though!
    I love your pictures! They captured just how much fun your family had carving pumpkins together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha - Photo bombing level Expert!! LOL
    Good for him, getting in there and getting dirty.
    my girls used my ice cream scooper (which actually works fantastic!) and my eldest - boy - wanted nothing to do with it. Great face you did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pumpkin looks great! That is awesome that he wanted to help.
    My husband usually does the pumpkin carving with the boys - they mostly like designing the faces they will carve.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your family is adorable and your pumpkin looks awesome!! We didn't carve pumpkins this year and now I wish we would have. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great pictures! I would not put my hand in a pumpkin even now. It feels so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures! I didn't do any pumpkin carving this year. It's spring in Australia and it just doesn't feel right!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband won't go near the guts. We had a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch, but gave it to a friend as my husband wasn't up to making pumpkin pie. :)
    Loved the pictures and such a sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many boys in Grace's third-grade fall party wouldn't go near the guts, and one had to leave the room! The girls though, they were in it to their elbows. We had some cool designs among the girls, but we might have done it a bit early - only one pumpkin made it until Oct. 31!

    Glad you brought our attention to the photo bomber - I would have missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Time is going fast! Way too fast! I seriously wonder what I have been doing every day and feel so behind, especially on blogging. We did carve pumpkins, the kids always draw their designs then we cut them out. Conley has the best smile!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips