Thursday, October 17, 2013

Don't Stop Believing

When you are a mom, there are never any days off.  Remember the days when you were sick and you could just stay in bed all day with the covers over your head?

Yeah those days no longer exist.  We moms have some magic coping system where we are able to function whether we have had any sleep or if we are sick as dogs.

I am currently sick and running on fumes and not being the best mom I can be. 

I am losing my patience with the boys. I am snappy. Really I just want to sleep.

But I can't, and I won't because I have two human beings depending on me. 

It might not be pretty, but I will manage as us moms always do. It really is amazing all that we can handle no matter what condition we are in.

Sickness and rain is what we have today, but I can see the sunshine peaking through...the snotty noses starting to dry, and the coughing subsiding.

A little joy ride in the car with my three year old jamming and singing with Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" and I think that's right.  I can't stop believing...and sure enough our moods are lifted just by listening to a simple song.

As mothers we can't stop believing that tomorrow is a better day.  That's what keeps us going and our heads up.


We have faith that there always is a silver lining in our story.

Natalie

25 comments:

  1. I love this. Such a good perspective and we have all SO been there. I hope everyone gets and stays healthy soon. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. Sending lots of get well vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Hope you feel better soon, it really is so hard to be sick when you are a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this captures so much of what I've been going through recently. I hope you get better soon. Keep up with the jamming and singing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying you all feel better soon!

    Much of the same is going on in our house right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so true - I always think about better and easier days. I don't know if they ever come..in some ways... but there is some true joy to be found, isn't there?

    Hope you all feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true! It's not easy, but we fight through it all, and push to get to the good days. Feel better mama. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel better soon!!! Being a sick mama is a tough job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is certainly always a silver lining. When it gets rough, my husband and I always say to each other "trouble don't last always."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel better soon!! These days are tough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, we have all been there! Praying you feel better- take care of yourself!

    Stephanie
    howsweetthisis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great perspective to have, Natalie. Through the rain, the sunshine is always there, waiting. Glad you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We need video of that precious singing moment! LOL
    love that song and I do believe it is unofficially called The Mom Mantra
    Sending you lots of feel good and sunny days ahead vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jamming to Journey always makes my day better too! I am sorry that you are ill - I know how that is to be sick and just wanting rest with munchkins wanting to crawl all over you! They always seem so much needier when we are sick! Hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's soooo hard to take care of kids when you're sick. so very hard. I agree with Rore - That song should be the mom mantra - well I guess it really is! Feel better, girl. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. First, your kids are just too cute! Second, love that song - how true! I had eye surgery on both eyes when my son was only 5 months old and I had no one to help me with the recovery. You're right, mothers find a way!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I'm sorry you are not feeling good. Motherhood doesn't give us any sick days, does it?! I love that you turned even a sick day into a beautiful post! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hopefully you will get better soon. A mom's job is never done but you are right, better days are on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so true! Knowing this carried me through months of potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that song - it is inspiring. Hope everyone feels better soon - we are back and forth with colds for the past couple of weeks here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is so difficult to be sick and have little ones:( I hope you feel better soon. You have such a great perspective - very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amen to that! We have to believe that tomorrow is a fresh start and new chance at getting it right. As long as we are trying than that's enough. :( Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  23. so much truth. some days are real heavy but we have to persevere. hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. They are so cute together!!! Hope you're feeling better! It's so hard when us mamas get sick.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips