Monday, July 29, 2013

Potty Break...Monster Style!

This is a sponsored post written by me for Huggies Pull-Ups, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.




When I began potty training with Nolan, I really had no idea how it would go.  We had never been able to get him to go on the big potty just as practice, so this was going to be a whole new world.

I had dreaded the transition to potty training because I knew it would be difficult with have a baby and a toddler to watch over.  I thought how am I going to be able to be with Nolan every second to catch an accident while I am nursing, changing a diaper, or putting Conley down for a nap?  He really had no concern about wetting or pooping in a diaper....so how would I convince to be a "big boy" now?

I knew though that I wanted him to be potty trained before he went back to Mother's Day Out in late August. So the plan was to start in July so that I would have plenty of time to test out my potty training skills.

We of course made it fun with using some M&M's as a reward.  Or as he calls it "chocolate candies." (And by the way he's way too tall and actually can reach inside the pantry cabinet and get these....note to self put them higher!)


Nolan was super excited about the Pull-Ups when he saw the monsters on both sides and ran around the house making monster noises.  And anytime after nap he would say, "I kept the monsters dry!"  Not only was he excited about it, but this helped make the potty training process fun and not like a chore for him.


(Why yes that is my husband holding him in place since this boy is on the go and says, "No picture mommy" all the time!)


Pull-Ups helps take the scare out of potty training by making it fun and easy with new Monsters U character training pants! You can help make potty training easier by staying consistent and using rituals like the potty break.  Make it a game and ask your toddler, "What does a little monster take?..."A Potty Break!"

Visit Pull-Ups.com and “like” Pull-Ups on Facebook for more potty training tips and resources.


Tracking Pixel
Natalie

3 comments:

  1. I think Pull Ups are one of the greatest parenting inventions ever. I don't know how generations functioned without them. My kids are older now, but I remember those days well. --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's the princesses in our house, but it's Pull Ups just the same. We have to keep Cinderella dry too! I was potty trained on M&Ms. My daughter was potty trained on stickers. Booooring. Saw the pics on Instagram too - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved these at my house. My son didn't like to go to the potty, but he didn't lie the characters to be wet either.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips