Monday, July 22, 2013

We're in a Groove

Recently I have been thinking my family and I have hit a sweet spot.

I feel like I'm finally figured a little bit out of having two boys, and that we've really found a routine.

I say this fully knowing once I write these words it will probably turn upside down.

But for moment let's pretend it doesn't.

We've actually potty trained Nolan.  I haven't even mentioned on here, but I guess it's official since it's been weeks since he's really had an accident.  I still haven't jumped into a "no diaper" at nap time or bedtime especially since he's still in the crib, but I'm ok with that.  All the other time he's in his underwear, and going on the potty.  It's amazing the bladder control this child has, and it really scares me because I'm just waiting for a big accident.  So my boy that I thought would never be potty trained actually did it with smooth sailing.


Conley in I guess the last month and maybe even a few weeks before that has officially been able to just be laid down for both his naps and bed while being awake.  I remember it taking a quite a bit with Nolan, but he was also a great sleeper whereas Conley has been touch and go.

Conley's 1st birthday party is just a few weeks away.  I have all the decorations, but I am not stressing myself out about the details.  It's at a splash pad and outdoors, so I'm just going with the flow and letting the kids have fun.


Nolan will be starting back to MDO at the end of August.


Then in September we head out for a week long vacation at the beach.

Then my 6 year wedding anniversary, Nolan's birthday, Halloween, and the rest of the holidays.

Is it just me or has this year flown by?

But for now...I'll enjoy the ride and the groove we've found.


Natalie

26 comments:

  1. Yay Nolan!!! So glad it went easier than expected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year has definitely flown by.

    Congratulations on the potty training success! That is a huge deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies, it's crazy! Potty training will be starting in our house soon... yikes! Congrats to your little man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love when I find the sweet spot...had a moment of it on Saturday, and it was bliss! :)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on potty training. I'm glad to have another mom blogger friend who had a son NOT potty trained super early. I hate feeling like a failure due to social media pressures to potty train early. Drew is 2.5 and just shows no interest in the potty right now! You might need to send tips and tricks my way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sweet spot when I find it. And yes, this year is flying! I can't believe how quickly this summer is going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for potty training! Aubrey will be 2.5 in just a few weeks and she has absolutely no interest in going. What are your tips? Tricks? How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good groove. I feel like I'm in one more often than not, but every now and then we hit a snag. A non-groove. Scarlet turning four was one of them. And now Des is working on something new - teeth? Talking? Walking? And he's a lot crankier and less consistent than usual. However I know he'll bounce back and we'll get another groove.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe Conley's birthday is right around the corner!!! That year FLEW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing like a good groove! Enjoy it and the potty trained and good napping children! And yes, this year has totally flown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the "groove"
    the Groove is a moms' 2nd best friend.

    first is coffee. of course.
    wait. shoot.
    I forgot wine.
    crap.
    Okay...the groove is a moms' 3rd best friend. at least.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy that groove while you can. You know they'll switch it up faster than you can blink! :)

    Yes, this year is FLYING by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on potty training!! I've been starting to read different methods because as soon as Addie shows signs that she's ready (when she's walking again, of course), I want to be prepared!

    Yes, this year is flying by!! Some days/weeks may feel long and drawn out, but I cannot believe it is almost August!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's awesome that things have all fallen into place...and the vacation sounds like a fun trip ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the potty training. I do feel like this year has flown by.
    And like you, I feel like we are currently in a good groove.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray for potty trained!!!! Great job Momma and Nolan! So.... I hope you didn't just jinx your routine! :) And how is Conley almost a year. What happened there?!?! Glad to hear things are going well. I am hoping to get myself into blog reading routine again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay getting into the routine!! Woohoo on the potty training! Way to go Nolan! I can't believe Conley is going to be 1!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a wonderful groove to be in.
    The year HAS flown past, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This year has definitely flown by!!

    Yay for smooth sailing on the potty training front!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How wonderful to have that rhythm with your family. Your little Nolan is looking so cute doing his little tumble routine. This year really has flown by, how it almost fall?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on the potty training success! That's awesome. I'm pretty sure we're never going to potty train my 2-year-old (not that we've tried).

    I feel like time accelerates with every kid! It just flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhh, the sought after "Groove", it is the best feeling when you find it! Congrats on the potty training! My daughter wasn't completely potty trained until around 2.5 so it will be interesting to see how long it takes my 7 month old son.

    This year HAS flown...we are 5 months away from Christmas...scary.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, enjoy it! Because it IS bound to change again soon. ;) Your boys are precious!

    And wow, that's fantastic on the potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay, Nolan & Momma! Congrats on the PT success! We're in the thick of it over here, but I'm not stressing & letting M take the lead ;)

    Your sweet Conley has the most delicious cheeks! Such a contagious smile!

    ReplyDelete
  25. YAY Nolan! And yes, this year has FLOWN by. Hadley is 8 flipping months. How?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips