Monday, July 8, 2013

A Rainy 4th...

This past week has been nothing but rain in our neck of the woods.  Luckily the rain slowed down enough for us to enjoy the local parade.  Nolan really loved it this year...even though it had less participants because of the rain.


On Saturday, we decided to head to the aquarium which is a little less than a two hour drive.  It seriously rained the whole time we were there and on the way back.  My whole yard has lakes in it because the ground is so saturated.  It was ok at the aquarium since we were inside, however we had to park a little ways away...and to go from the River Journey to the Ocean Journey you have to walk outside with no cover.  We made the best of it and both the boys had tons of fun.  (My SIL took photos while we were there, so I'll have to share those later)
Here are the boys taking a break at the aquarium.


Nolan decided the best way to nap was to have his blanket over his head.  He rarely sleeps in the car, but after I didn't hear him for about 20 minutes I figured he was asleep under there!

How was your holiday weekend?

Natalie

23 comments:

  1. Nasty rainy weekend here too, but it sounds like you guys made the most of it! :) Your boys are such cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, those are sweet pictures :)

    Our 4th was a nice quiet one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that? I love that picture with him taking the nap under the blanket! Sounds like you had fun in spite of the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. boo to nasty weather! So glad you guys were able to enjoy the parade! Sounds like the rainy day was a perfect one to visit the aquarium! Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha....i LOVE the pic of nolan with the blanket over his head...so cute and funny!!!! Glad you guys had a good time at the aquarium...i hope the weather clears for you guys soon!! We had a long stretch of rainy days here last week and it almost killed me...i was SO glad to see the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I love the blanket over Nolan's head. So funny!

    Hopefully you will get better weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a totally rainy weekend, too. BAH!! LOVE the blanket over the head sleeping. My son used to do that all the time!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. We didn't have any rain until last night. We were worried because my daughter's birthday party was on Saturday but there was only a 10% chance of rain. Not bad! And now of course, the garden needs it badly.
    Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has been the rainiest summer that I can remember!

    Your boys are so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have had rain almost everyday. Today is the driest it has been in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have had rain almost everyday. Today is the driest it has been in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have had rain almost everyday. Today is the driest it has been in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how cute is he with that blanket! Must have been tired after an exciting day. I went to an aquarium a few years ago near us and I loved it so much! I loved the teeny tiny sea horses.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had an awesome time despite the rain. It rained all week leading up to the 4th where we live, but it did clear up for us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking back, I am certain 2013 will be remembered as The Wet Year. We had tons of snow in winter, and it seems to have been raining ever since the snow stopped. I have not had to water my garden once!
    Inconceivable.
    But I do feel bad, our one glorious day on our camping trip that was sunny all day was the 4th. Which of course....is not our holiday.
    sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much of the country was under rain for the Fourth! It seems like most of the bloggers I follow are talking about how it ruined their fireworks plans! I'm glad ya'll still had a good weekend, though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We had a rainy week last week - and a rainy Canada Day - but it did clear up for the weekend, thankfully.
    Glad you made the most of your rainy days together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol- well that is one way to sleep. Sorry about all the rain but sounds like you had fun despite it

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am SO over this rain! Looks like you all made the best of it though:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think you guys are troopers for still going out and about in the rain with two littles in tow!

    Love the Nolan-under-blanket photo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips