Friday, July 20, 2012

Only the Lonely

Last night I had a rare event---I was kid free and husband free.  I originally was slated to go to a movie with a friend to a movie but plans changed, and I was on my own.  But this wasn't a bad thing.  I took full advantage of it knowing that it will probably be my last for awhile.

So what's a girl to do when she is on her own?  Well get a pedicure of course!  I sat there with my gossip magazines and enjoyed a nice pedi and had my toes painted a cheerful fuschia pink.  I may or may not been hoping that it helped me go in labor as everyone says a pedi has been known to do that.

After my feet were nice and new, I decided to do a little shopping for the post pregnant me.  I really just can't wait to be in normal clothes again!  I feel like I rotate the same maternity clothes because nothing fits anymore.  And I must say as I was shopping, I kept seeing myself in the mirror or window thinking, "Holy cow I look really REALLY pregnant right now!"  I mean I feel like my belly is ridiculously out there and that people are probably thinking I am having a kid at any moment.  Truth be told...I guess I could be now that this boy is fully baked. 

Sometimes being alone is just what the doctor ordered :)

26 comments:

  1. I'm planning on getting a manicure at lunch today! Sometimes we just need a little pampering and alone time, don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. "Alone"? I think I forget what that word means!

    I am so glad you had some time to enjoy yourself and your time alone. Hope it left you feeling rejuvenated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got that time to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun! It's always nice to have a little alone time with a busy little man running around. I'm so anxious to hear about baby Conley's arrival!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does this mean you felt some contractions????!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love alone time like that. My first thought is always to get a pedi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, sometimes I feel like those alone moments don't happen often enough. I'm so glad you got yourself some you time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a mani and pedi is always a good thing. and add some shopping, perfect me time in my book!

    good luck and take care. can't wait to see the little one here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is this alone time you speak of> :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love me a great pedicure!! And I'm glad you got some "me" time- it's necessary sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah for some alone time! Sometimes we just need it and what better way to spend it. Sounds perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww most def alone time does wonders. Sometimes you just NEED that personal day to yourself!! Glad you enjoyed yourself plus some pedi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so right, a few hours alone can be just what a mama needs sometimes! How many more weeks now? I can't believe you're so close to being a mom of 2!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you got some alone time. Every mom needs that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you totally needed it! Glad you took advantage instead of heading back home (which I am sometimes guilty of doing!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. AMEN! I had a spa day (gift cards I was given from shower last weekend) and had a massage and pedi..best 2 hours I have had in a while..so nice to just be me, myself and I.

    So glad to hear you enjoyed yours....and hope you bought yourself something post preggo fabulous! C

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you! I was going to ask about a pic of the pretty toes...and then I remembered pregancy belly. I don't think I actually saw my own toes past month 7 - LOL. so I am very impressed that you were able to paint your own!

    glad you got some "me" time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am glad you got to enjoy some time on your own! :) Pedi is definitely the way to go! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You just reminded me that I seriously need some tlc on my toesies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah to a fun night to yourself...there is nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful along time you had! It sounds so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. There is just nothing more relaxing that a good pedicure...especially when you are 9 months pregnant!!! I'm glad you were able to enjoy that and take some time for yourself.

    Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I forced myself to take some alone time this weekend and after it I felt so much better. Sometimes that's just what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am planning on getting a pedicure on Friday when Ben is off all day...I'm slightly hopeful it will put me in into labor on my own! We're in the homestretch!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes! I remember feeling the same way when I was pregnant- I never felt like I was so huge but then I would see myself and it was like, yea never mind.
    So glad you got some time to yourself, it sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think it's healthy giving your self "alone moments" at times. It's okay to give your self a rest.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips