Thanks everyone for Molly's birthday wishes! She's still kickin' it like a puppy so let's hope she has many more birthdays. I'm kind of random this week so I'll just blurt out some of it that's swimming around in my head.
*The dog beds are on both sides of our bed in our bedroom. My husband and I decided to switch them due to Teddy's bed takes up more space than Molly's and that it would actually fit better where Molly's is currently located. The dogs seriously can't figure this out! They keep sleeping in the wrong bed...which is kind of hilarious because Teddy is much larger trying to squeeze into Molly's bed.
*I'm thinking of signing Nolan up for swim time at the local YMCA. I think he'd really enjoy it, and it's in a salt water pool! I've never been in one, so I'm anxious to see the difference.
*Which begs the question...what type of bathing suit does a mommy wear to such an event? Do we go with the mommy bathing suit or due we go all brave in a bikini? I do have some tankinis that I think are winning the race...
*Nolan is staying over at the in-laws this Friday night, and my husband and I are celebrating our Valentine's with a dinner at our favorite restaurant. We usually do a pretty nice V-day since it was our first holiday together and when we started dating, but due to redoing the siding on our house we are just going to dinner this year.
*I'm really loving this mild winter we are having. It really makes it easier to get around with Nolan without bundling him all up. I'm thinking it won't be long though until BAM winter smacks us in the face. Or is it possible that we get by without many cold temps? I just don't believe we can avoid it.
*In March, I will be blogging for a year. A WHOLE YEAR! I never thought I would be a blogger, but here I am a year later really enjoying it.
*I'm going to buy Nolan a mini-basketball goal. He's going to be an all-star! :)
Well there is my random thoughts for the day...Happy Tuesday friends!
Happy 'almost' one year blogging anniversary! That's awesome. Crazy how this hobby wasn't there a year ago and now it's just a piece of you. Good luck with the swimsuit decision.
ReplyDeleteI think a tankini is a good compromise :)
ReplyDeleteSo many exciting things happening for you and Nolan!
I'll be "serious" blogging for a year come March as well. That's when people started following me. Hopefully I'll get as many followers as you soon!!
ReplyDeleteI'll be "serious" blogging for a year come March as well. That's when people started following me. Hopefully I'll get as many followers as you soon!!
ReplyDeleteI also think a tankini is a good compromise. Or a full piece. We take Cameron to swimming and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any Mom in a full-out bikini yet. But maybe it is because none of us have the bodies for it...
ReplyDeleteI love the randomness!! I'm excited about your year anniversary too- mostly because I'm so grateful that we're "bloggy friends"!!!!
ReplyDeletefrom experience, definitely tankini. it's modest, but many are still very "mom acceptable sexy"....
ReplyDelete.....plus, you can easily go to the bathroom! which you wouldn't think was a difficult task, until your toddler crawls under the bathroom door and you have to chase him while tring to pull up a wet suit over your still dripping wet body - and give chase.
not that that happened to me or anything :)
I want to sign Giada up for swimming lessons too. The only reason I haven't done it so far is bc I know I'm going to hate getting in a swimming-suite every single week.
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for sticking to blogging for a whole yr!
Swimming lessons!! I'm dying to sign J up as well! Oh gosh, I hadn't even thought that means I have to get in a swim suit...blah! And congrats on almost making it a year as a blogger. I'm coming up on the same milestone, it's a pretty good feeling. Happy Tuesday :)
ReplyDeleteThe swim class sounds fun! I planned on taking Emerson earlier this year to a baby swim class but I ended up not going. I definitely will this summer because I think she'll be old enough to enjoy it. I say go with the tankini for the first class and then you can scope out what everyone else wears! :)
ReplyDeleteI love tankinis for this post mom bod of mine! I can't bring myself to wear a bikini any more - lame!
ReplyDeleteYah for blogging almost a year! Awesome. We love the y. Seriously love it!
ReplyDeleteI think should rock whatever suit you feel comfortable in! Just make sure all strings are secure hahah
ReplyDeleteHappy almost ONE year of blogging! When we did swim school, I saw moms in mommy swim suits and other in two pieces and some wore shirts or a spaghetti strapped tank over their suit. It varied. A basketball goal is a plus in my book! :)
ReplyDeleteI vote go for the binki! Why not?
ReplyDeleteI love the visual image of the dog bed confusion.
Love that your pups are confused! And you should definitely do a tankini. Salt water pools aren't all that different except they don't smell so toxic! Can you believe it's been a year?! I can't. You were one of my first followers, and we're both still friends :)
ReplyDeleteAnd happy Wednesday to you too (we're a day ahead).
ReplyDeleteNolan will love his new basketball hoop, how fun!! I've seen itty bitty ones, maybe I should get Liam one too :)
I saw a little Cricket set complete with stumps and a tiny tennis ball the other day hahaha
Dogs are funny aren't they, obviously set in their ways those two lol
And I am glad you became a blogger and enjoy blogging!! Keep it up!!!
Have a great day my friend xo
A bikini is even an option in your life right now? Wow. Totally jealous. :)
ReplyDeleteSalt water pool? That's interesting! I'd definitely go for the tankini. I can't do a bikini anymore - I don't think people can take looking at my flabby tummy laden with stretch marks cellulite :P
ReplyDeleteSwimming lessons for Nolan sounds like so much fun! I'm curious to know what a salt water pool is like. And so funny that you're trying to figure out what bathing suit to wear! I think a tankini would win, in my opinion!
ReplyDeleteDitch the mommy bathing suit, and go for the tankini :).
ReplyDeleteAn advanced happy blogsversary to you. Which reminds me, I'm having mine this Feb. 20th.
I'm sure Nolan would enjoy swimming, especially with a hot mom in a tankini :)
We are signing D up for lessons too! We went to the place to observe and talk to the instructors. I noticed that the moms were wearing swimsuits, but they had t-shirts on over them. I think that's what I'm going to do as well. I hope Nolan has fun!
ReplyDeleteNathan has been in swim classes since he was six months old and LOVES it! As for the swimsuit, definitely whatever you are comfortable with!
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing about the dogs. We have moved my dogs bed a few times now and he keeps going to the old spot. It's kind of funny.
ReplyDeleteLove your random thoughts. I want to take my man to swimming classes too. I'm thinking the tankini is a good option.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely tankini- even if you can rock a bikini- you don't want to be the mom everyone hates because you can rock a bikini :). Plus with kids swimming they might grab onto you and so do want accidental exposure.
ReplyDeleteLove your random thoughts.
ReplyDeleteYour Friday night sounds like fun!
I think I'd do the tankini too. Better safe than sorry?