Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Recipe #4-Coconut Encrusted Chicken Salad

I sometimes get bored with chicken.  I feel like it's the same ole same ole.  So when I found this recipe I was very excited to take this new spin on chicken.  It was definitely a hit with the husband!  And I actually remembered to take a picture.  A miracle I know!

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup of almond flour
Salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs
3 tbsp of virgin coconut oil
1 bag/8 cups of mixed salad greens or spinach (I just eyeballed it and filled a plate)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice

On a chopping board, cut the chicken into strips somewhere between 1/2 an ince and an inch thick.  Set aside.  In a shallow dish, combine coconut flakes, almond flour and salt and pepper.  In a bowl, crack eggs and beat lightly.  Dip the chicken strips first in the egg and then roll in the coconut/almond flour mixture.  Heat the coconut oil in the pan over medium-high heat and saute the chicken strips until the exterior turns a golden brown and the inside is no longer pink.  Remove from heat and place atop a bed of mixed greens.  Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.  Serves 4.


Recipe via Mark's Daily Apple

Now go get your grub on!

21 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! I love the sweet taste of coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good and easy. I think I actually have all the ingredients too! Well, except the almond meal. Did you make your own or buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh that really looks yummie, I love to cook, tomorrow I'm going to try a recipe from Nigella Lawson

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this sounds delicious! i agree that chicken can get old. i love coconut so i bet this tastes amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds absolutely incredible!!! Jotting this recipe down right now!!! Can't wait to make it! Thanks for the recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good. I really want to start making more salads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love coconut. I have had shrimp with coconut, but never chicken. I have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy!!! Love coconuts!! I wish I had pin interest b/c this needs to be pinned:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't normally like coconut but what a creative way to use it with chicken!

    It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could totally get down with this salad! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so good to me! I've never made chicken with coconut before, but I'd love to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds good! I love coconut, especially after my trip to Kauai.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yum, this looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a huge coconut fan, but I definitely think that this is something I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this! Looks totally awesome. And despite my previous dislike of coconut, I'm finding I actually like it much more than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loks delicious. Will pass the recipe to my resident chef .

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUM!! This sounds AMAZING! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so good, Natalie! I once had a coconut encrusted chicken breast, and it was so juicy! Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips