Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey Week

We had a pretty low key weekend.  We had Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws on Thursday.  On Friday, Nolan and I met my mother-in-law and sister-in-law for brunch.  Later we did a little shopping, but I am not a Black Friday shopper.  I've actually never gotten up early to go out...now I did have to work it when I was in college, so does that count?  Anyways, on Saturday we went to the Fantasy of Trees which is an event that has donated decorated trees on sale to benefit the local Children's Hospital.  The trees are fantastic!  They also are great for ideas for your own tree.  Here are a few pics, but the lighting was dark so please excuse the poor quality!
 Also I realized after a picture happy October that I had barely taken any pictures of Nolan in November.  Here are a few I snapped last week.
Nolan trying to get in my suitcase...

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend with family and friends---and of course some turkey!

34 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice and relaxing Thanksgiving! I'm not into Black Friday Shopping either. However I'm about to start my cyber monday Shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww sounds like my kind of thanksgiving. i've never been a black friday shopper either! in fact i'm just not all that big on shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has quite the cute little face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a terrific thanksgiving!! and he is so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's such a happy little guy!

    I'm not much for Black Friday either, to tell you the truth. I'm all about sitting at home and ordering online. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, Black Friday isn't for me either. We used to go see all if the trees at the Science Museum in Chicago- that was fun. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is becoming more adorable each day. Looks like you had a pretty relaxing thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we had a great week. didn't want to come back to work! Love spending as much time as I can with my little family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie! I love those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so not a black Friday shopper either. I'd rather just skip all the commercial hype.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was the first year I noticed that Black Friday spilled over into Canada. Normally you can only take advantage of deals online - but many stores had huge sales that day. My mom stood in line at 7 am to get some items from the Toys R Us for me. With one income, we have to take advantage of sales like this.
    God Bless Grandmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great time! I love those professionally decorated trees

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pics! Glad you guys had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nolan's looking as cute as ever! That's such a great cause and glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving albeit a low key one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving! I love the pic of Nolan trying to get in your suitcase :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. He looks so happy! I am so not a Black Friday shopper either. I can't be bothered with the crowds or the fights.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've done Black Friday shopping a few times. I don't think the deals were good enough to justify me losing sleep so I don't do it anymore.

    Glad to hear you had anice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't do a lick of shopping all weekend, except my normal grocery/Target shopping. Unless they are giving away a refrigerator for $5, I ain't going.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't do a lick of shopping all weekend, except my normal grocery/Target shopping. Unless they are giving away a refrigerator for $5, I ain't going.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet pictures!!! We have a festival of trees here. We'll be going this week! And I am not a black Friday shopper either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. How wonderful! I don't do shopping. Esp. on black Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. He's getting bigger! Glad you had a good holiday. We did too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awe! Great pictures. Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have never been Black Friday shopping!! It's just totally not my thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow your little man is growing up!! Adorable as ever too :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. YAY!! Glad you guys had such a great weekend and happy Turkey day!!! The pics of Nolan trying to climb in the suit case are presh - he looks SO big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't do the Black Friday thing either - too much craziness! Glad you had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Does the shirt in that last picture say bananas over mommy? Because if so? We have the same one. He's presh!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So cute, I love that picture of him with the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am not a Black Friday shopper either. I prefer to no go looking for crazies!

    My neice got a tree last year through the donations at Children's Hospital. She had received a heart transplant last July. The trees are amazing...and I may have copied a few things for my own tree.

    Nolan is getting so big! And just as cute as ever! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nolan's getting bigger by the minute- and cuter too!

    Good to know you had a blast on Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I wouldn't mind such a cute stowaway in my suitcase! :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips