Friday, November 11, 2011

Sometimes You Just Have to Ask Why?

I don't write many sad or negative posts on here.  It's just not really my personality.  However in this instance I feel that I must write this post.  I don't know if many of you have been following the Penn State scandal, but the more I hear about it...the more angry and disgusted I become.

The former defensive coordinator from Penn State has basically been abusing his special privileges of the Penn State facilities as a place to hurt little boys.  I'm not going into details, but if you have been following along you know that a Graduate Assistant caught the former defensive coordinator and a little boy in the shower.  Now the GA did what he was supposed to and reported it.  However, the moral code for all those who knew...even good ole Coach Paterno was not followed.  Instead a cover up was conducted, and this sick old guy continued to take advantage of little boys.

From what I have read, the former defensive coordinator created a foundation for under privileged kids.  Pretty much a playground to find victims.  He is a sexual predator who had the money and the means.  The foundation was opened in 1977, so you can just imagine how many victims there might be.  It was said that he tested the weakness of the boys to find which ones would be his potential victims.  Can you just imagine a little boy that comes from a hard home life that has the chance to go visit his idols or the stadium at Penn State?  Now there are even rumors that this twisted man also was using the foundation to "pimp out" boys to wealthy donors.  Are you still with me?  SERIOUSLY!  My brain can't even process this horrific information.

I didn't go to school at Penn State, nor am I from the state.  However I do live in a college town, and I just can't imagine the devastation this whole city would be in if this had happened here.  I feel so bad for the victims and the families.  It just begs the question---why do people want to hurt innocent little children?  I just don't get it.  There are sick, sick people out there.  Which is really sad that you can't trust anyone with your kids.  Can you imagine someone doing this to your child?  Stealing that innocence from them?  I shiver at the thought.  But in today's world I feel we have to be more vigilant than we ever have in the past. 

So hold those kids close...and question everything---because they need you to protect them.

29 comments:

  1. I haven't followed the story much, and I'm honestly not knowledgeable about it, but we did have something very bad happen with our church reverend several years ago (that ended up making national news like this), and it really makes you question EVERYTHING. No worries on the negative post. This is real life, and it's not always sunshine and rainbows. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Natalie... It is so hard to even fathom the complete lack of morality in EVERYONE who had knowledge of these horrible, horrible actions. In my mind, they are ALL just as guilty... They let down all of those little boys when they needed them the most! I don't even think that I could live with myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have been reading stuff about it- so so disgusting. And the worst part is if everyone once had not covered it up and reported it as they should this could have ended a very long time ago. Makes me so sick and so glad lots of people are being fired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it so sad? :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't read about it. but I don't really need to: since my hubby is a police officer I know that when he says "I have to exercise an ugly warrant for arrest today" it means a pedophile. His squad rescued a 4 year old boy once - 4 years old!! I cannot fathom the level of sickness or evil one must have deep inside.
    My husbands's my hero - not because he caught the guy: but because he refrained from putting a bullet between his eyes and instead let due process take its course.
    that's why he's the cop...I think the bullet is not only cheaper, but more effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been seeing this on the news and it quite literally makes me sick to my stomach. Being a mother of a little boy I can't even imagine how sick of an individual must be to try and take advantage of such innocence. It's even sicker that people would know about it and let it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I had a big talk about this and as parents it terrifies us. How can we protect our children? It's so scary to think that there are people like this out there. I'm not naive, but I'm always shocked when I hear about it. But I'm so disgusted with the students out there protesting that sports are more important than the fact that a child has brutalized and hurt. Where are our priorities?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still can't figure out why the assistant didn't go to the police instead. Seems like that would have changed a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sick. Just sick. The fact that someone would do something "good" for the sake of doing something bad is just horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sick. Just sick. The fact that someone would do something "good" for the sake of doing something bad is just horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading stuff about this has been consuming my days. It makes me absolutely sick! I am glad they are all being fired!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just heard bits and pieces of that story, but the whole thing is just sad to me. I can't fathom that someone would try to cover up something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This whole situation is disgusting and discouraging. I feel like very people can actually be trusted. It's so sad that after the career he's had, this is what Joe Paterno will be remembered for and it's all he deserves to be remembered for....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have goosebumps reading this. What a sick sick man and such a devastating and awful thing for all of those innocent children who already had a tough life to begin with. As negative as you may think this post would be, thank you Natalie for the reminder today that we all need to be vigilant and the person that keeps our children safe. I can't imagine...just so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's just horrible Natalie. Everytime I read something about child abuse, abuse of the innocent, it just makes me want to throw up and question why too. And it makes me even more protective of my children. You're right, there are a lot of sick people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's unthinkable how that bastard could do such horrific things to innocent boys... I can't understand what goes on in the mind of a criminal. All I know is he should be hanged for what he's done... or fed to the lions for everyone to see!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This whole story just makes me so sick to my stomach. Its disgusting. I'm so glad so many of them are getting fired. My heart breaks for all of those children, its so sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. It really is horrible! I can't believe that people would put protecting a football program above protecting children.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Being from the Northeast, this story is be talked about A LOT! I couldn't agree more with you. We, meaning, not just parents, but adults, have a duty to protect innocent children who do not have the ability to do so for themselves. Why would that Assistant instantly remove that child from the situation?!?! What sickens me also, is the rioting that has ensued in favor of "Joe Pa"... I understand that he is iconic at Penn State, but by his "actions" or lack thereof, he has put children in harms way... that can NEVER be overlooked.

    Can we ever be protective enough of our babies??? I would seriously hurt someone if they ever tried to harm my child!

    Great post, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't really been following the news on this but my husband filled me in. It's so sad that there are people in the world that can do this to children. I will never understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amen! I am totally disturbed by the whole situation. I can't even imagine how someone could do that to a child and then the cover up just adds further insult. You are so right, you can't trust anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree Natalie. The world is getting worse and worse it seems - there are so many sickos out there! I hate it! I can't even handle thinking about how many people's lives have been devastated and changed forever because of this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, that is simply horrific, disgusting, and .... sad. Like you, I can't imagine what all the victims and families must have had to go through.

    This isn't a negative post, my friend, it's something that serves to remind us mothers about how much we need to protect and educate our children about such sickos out there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's hard for me to see/listen to stories about children being hurt, but this is just a terrible terrible thing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This story is truly incredible. One of my good friends went to Penn State and she knew a lot of the people involved - she is in shock as well as the whole town. Crazy, sad and unspeakable.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This whole thing makes me sssoo sick...not to mention scared to ever let addie out of my sight. This is a great post...I only hope that justice gets served!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Some people are so sick in the head. I just can't grasp the fact that they are so pathetic and messed up that they find it ok to hurt small, innocent children. I seriously would want to set them on fire.
    I just did a fundraiser for Love146 on Sunday. The stories of all those children being raped and molested make my stomach turn. It's beyond awful.
    I think you can never bee too careful who and where your children go.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It really is SO SO scary and sad. I have been praying for all those involved.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips