You may have read my post about the Best Buy gift card drama at Kroger. If you did, you know that I'm indebted to Kroger for their awesome customer service in that situation. However, since then I've had some recent technicalities while dealing with my friends at Kroger.
#1 I was charged twice for an apple corer. Let's be honest there is no need to have two of those. So I had to drive my happy little tail back to Kroger to get my $5 back. No issue, they easily just put it back on my VISA.
#2 They sent me home without a whole bag of goods I had purchased. It also just happened to be the items I needed for dinner that very same night. I try to keep track of all the bags, but it's not easy as they have the checkout person at the register and the bagger both talking to my son. Not to mention, I'm trying to get my coupons out to make sure they are credited to my purchase.
#3 Today I purchased a Rubbermaid tote to store some of Nolan's old clothes. I get home and realize I do not have the tote. I check my receipt as well, and it looks like at least I wasn't charged for it. The cashier must of thought it wasn't mine since it was at the very end of all the groceries.
On a side note: it was so busy today...I was like what the heck on the middle of a Wednesday?! Well, the cashier also informed me it's "Senior Citizen" discount day at Kroger. Ok I will so avoid Wednesdays from here on out. He also advised Tuesdays are the best days to come...I will plan accordingly. Not sure about you, but I would rather avoid the "Senior Citizen" day.
I still love Kroger, and they are always quick to fix their mistakes. But sometimes it's always on the worst days!
OMG when those Senior Citizens take over a store, it is in our best interest to TAKE COVER! lol. I don't blame you for avoiding it! Sorry that you have been having so many issues with them... hopefully it will get better :)
ReplyDeleteSenior Citizen day is the worst!
ReplyDeleteSenior Citizen Day is the worst, but I wish all of them would go on that day!! I hate when I go shopping on the weekends and they are there. YOU ARE HOME DURING THE WEEK!! GO THEN!
ReplyDeleteI don't go to Kroger that often so I didn't realize they have a Seniors day, lol! I think a lot of the time my mom brain gets in the way while I'm trying to shop.
ReplyDeleteI avoid our grocery store on Senior Citizen Day too. Gah!
ReplyDeleteI'd go to Senior Citizens day just to see what happens :)
ReplyDeleteI'd be curious to know what Senior Citizen Day is like. We don't have that kind of thing over here. But I'd expect everything to move very slowly.
ReplyDeleteOh, I've left a bag before--that's so frustrating. Though I'm more likely to get to the store and realize I've forgotten my purse. That's happened to me twice!
ReplyDeleteWe don't have Senior Citizen's day at my store either. But it sounds intriguing.
Imagine being in line at the checkout behind the lovely senior citizens! No disrespect of course...
ReplyDeleteI would say the store is much worse at 5pm on a weekday after work, but the senior citizens are sloooooow.
ReplyDeleteGgeezz..you poor thing!!! And senior citizen day...I had no idea - but I'll def steer clear - crowded grocery stores drive me batty!!!
ReplyDeleteI definitely avoid going to Kroger on Senior Citizens dat for sure. Its a mad house in there. Sorry you've been having so many issues with them lately.
ReplyDeleteWe don't have a krogers near us but I wouldn't want to go on senior citizens day.
ReplyDeleteLiving in Florida - its always Senior Citizen Day at every store. Sadly we don't have Kroger down here. Thus, I pledge my love to Publix...
ReplyDeleteSenior citizen is so busy! What's really funny is my mom just qualified for senior citizen day this year so now she goes on that day because she saves 10% but it's always crowded with old people and wheelchairs!
ReplyDeleteI've been stuck on Senior citizen day and it's the worst!! Were there a lot driving the motorized carts? Those drive me insane!
ReplyDeleteI hear you about the senior citizens...I hate saying it because I do love to help them but sometimes you just want to get out of the store.
ReplyDeleteI have found the best days are the beginning of the week, after the weekend. I try and go early but now with 2, not sure when I will go.
sorry these inconveniences happened to you, but it made for a funny post. it was fun to read and I can totally empathize!!!
ReplyDeleteOh dear, poor you! We don't have Kroger here, but Senior Citizens does sound interesting. I'd like to go just to have a look!
ReplyDeleteCrazy the mishaps you've had with Kroger lately! You could end up writing a whole book and call it the Kroger Chronicles...I would read it :)
ReplyDeleteI hate going to the grocery store with Giada. I always forget to buy something, or forget what I bought there. Add Senior Citizen day to that and all hell breaks loose.
ReplyDeletesenior citizens day, huh? good to know!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE senior citizens day! they always love to see kids, so I can always count on someone to offer a few minutes of entertainment! LOL
ReplyDeleteand my own spouse is the worst "correct change" line-holder-upper ever....so waiting a few extra minutes is standard for me.
I love Seniors, but not shopping with them so I'd definitely go with that Tuesday train of thought!
ReplyDeleteI've never shopped at Krogers but I do know that sometimes it can be so frustrating at the grocery store.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds stressful! It is so annoying when you get home and realize you don't have everything with you. SUPER annoying.
ReplyDeleteugh sorry for all the extra troubles you have experienced, not fun at all. maybe senior citizen day, the cashiers are having a bit of memory lapse too. but good to know definitely avoid krogers on wednesday, definitely noted!
ReplyDeleteOh no! Not leaving things behind again?! I would avoid senior day too, unless you have LOTS of extra time. :)
ReplyDeleteI lived in Mesa Arizona for two years- Mesa where in the winter the population litterally doubles from all of the Snow Birds- read old people only their for the winter. I did not shop on Wednesdays.
ReplyDeleteSenior citizens day is crazy at our grocery store. We try to go on Monday and Friday.
ReplyDeleteAt least they fix their mistakes, but what a pain!
ReplyDeleteSenior Citizen day?! Never heard that before! Good to know! I do love my local Kroger tho!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I had forgotten about the Best Buy/Kroger debacle! I still can't believe their customer service! I'm currently trying to find the best grocery store near the new house. The Krogers in TN were my favorite, but here in SC they are awful! So now I'm getting use to BiLo. Man I miss my old Kroger!
ReplyDelete