Friday, October 7, 2011

Life's Lessons: Get Your Mom Brain On Edition

YAY!  I'm back to share this week's lessons.  And believe me I had a lot of lessons week.  So link up with Sara & Rach and share yours!

1) I learned that my mom brain needs to exercise.

2) Or I end up with the Best Buy Gift Card fiasco.

3) Just when you think that guy didn't spend that card he found that you left...oh yeah he did...and he did it immediately.

4) Luckily, Kroger and Best Buy have the ultimate customer service and came to my rescue.  For that, I am Kroger and Best Buy customer 4LIFE!

5) Teething stinks.  It lasts forever.  It will cause lack of sleep, irritability, and lots of crying.  And this continues until they're 2?  SAY WHAT???!!!

6) My boy has learned to jump in his crib.  Like he looks like he is a monkey on a sugar rush bouncing on a trampoline. 

7) My husband has a cold from recently traveling.  We are sanitizing everything...please pray that the little boy doesn't get it!

8) I'm excited to visit this girl and her birthday boy this weekend.  I can't believe Ethan is one already!  Where does the time go?

9) Is it bad that I'm just now drinking my morning coffee?  This means morning did not go as planned.  Guess I'll be drinking coffee until lunch.

10) I feel like I should have a #10 since I've made it this far, but I've got nothing.  MOM BRAIN strikes again. :)

Have a great weekend, and I'll be gone until next Wednesday so don't worry if you don't see me around.  I'm not dead, just out of town!

31 comments:

  1. Yes, teething is awful and it does last FOREVER it seems. and with mine, it takes forever for a tooth to make an appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's not teething, it's something else. Until they're 18 and then their problems are no longer our responsibility, lol! You have got to video him jumping in his crib!

    I'm still mad at the gift card thief. That guy really showed a lack of integrity. You know it'll come back to bite him.

    And it literally takes me all morning to drink my tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed he's already jumping in his crib! And teething--ugh. Though it's always seemed to go a little better for us the second year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww hope your hubby feels better soon and doesn't spread the ickyness! teething is a bit of a stinker! hang in there today- its friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teething really is awful. It made me want to invest in earplugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I feel ya, girl. Teething is terrible! Aside from the irritability ... there's THE DROOLING. Lord, my kid is like a human Wet Vac! :) Keeping my fingers crossed your little guy stays nice and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teething times are really bad times but it seemed my tot was getting used to it, at least a little, as long he was distracted. And when kept him busy and he was really tired at night we had less problems.
    Jumping in his crib, aww, that must look so funny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teething does seem to last FOR EVER!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I envy the fact that you've exited the workforce. And that teething thing? Yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teething is no fun...even now at the age of 3 my little man is getting his 3 year molars and finds anything to chew on...i.e. soggy couch pillow, his blankets.

    Hoping you guys don't catch the man cold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so traumatized by teething. And I can't believe that my girl still doesn't have one single tooth! It's crazy! I know they'll al come at once and I'll be pulling my freaking hair out. I hope you have an awesome weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mom brain somehow always strikes. ;) Yes - teething is the longest thing EVER! I have no idea why it takes those suckers so long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! Yes, I know about mom-brain. And the teething thing? It'll get better!! Hope you get some relief and sleep soon!
    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH teething is just so horrible. It's such a good thing that they don't remember the pain. But man I wish they could sleep through it!

    Mom Brain, yep! After three children I have Mom Brain ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh teething, the bane of all moms and poor little kiddos. Hope it gets better soon!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mom brain is annoying, but so worth it when things like crib jumping happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with the Mom Brain. My youngest is 8, and I'm still battling it. I suspect it'll gradually morph into dementia...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yikes, teething! Well have a great weekend, Natalie! :)

    P.S. I'll still be your friend even though you don't have an iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha! I like #10. I like your mom brain - it's very amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mom brain ... this is why instead of writing this morning .. i am reading, so less taxing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. #5 is awful, I know.

    But, in my experience, having kids in general causes lack of sleep! Maybe it's just me?

    #9 - Ha! Yeah, I sip on my coffee at strange hours, so I understand... maybe that's where my lack of sleep problems come in? :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Every time I read one of your posts, I am amazed at how much it sounds like my life... :) It makes me feel so much better knowing that someone else is chasing a messy and destructive 1 year-old around their house too! :) I hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Teething does stink. I'm giving away an amber teething necklace,lol. Even if you don't want to enter, consider getting one. They help Zane so much. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Teething does stink. I'm giving away an amber teething necklace,lol. Even if you don't want to enter, consider getting one. They help Zane so much. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really hope your little one doesn't get sick, and I agree - teething is horrible! There were times when I felt it would never end!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG, I cannot believe that guy spent your gift card!!! Unbelievable...whatever happened to doing the right thing!

    You know, yesterday we were at the Pumpkin Patch and Landon found a kid's Disney watch in the parking lot. He wanted to keep it but we were like, "Well, what if the kid comes back with his family and he's looking for it. Wouldn't you be sad if it were you and someone kept your watch??"

    So we turned the watch in and upon leaving, the lady who we turned the watch in to said the family had come back and their little boy had lost a watch. Landon was so happy to know that he did the right thing and so were we.

    Obviously that guy's parents never taught him the difference between right and wrong!!

    But good to know, in the end, that Kroger's has excellent customer service and they offered you another gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Teething is awful and so was that gift card fiasco but at least the stores were nice enough to give you replacement cards.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ahhh good times! Hope your brain gets the mojo it's looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I know it seems teething lasts forever, but it really does end. Of course you know that. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  30. hahahaha...i LOVE #10!!! Some days I even forget to drink coffee but realize when my nasty headache strikes at lunch that I missed my morning fix!!

    Teething IS awful...Addie is a mess because of it and I just hate feeling so helpless!!! I hope yall had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed Ethan's birthday party:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips