Recently I've been getting several coupons from Victoria's Secret for their free cotton panty or the $10 off any purchase. So I did what any girl would do...I stocked up on my free pairs. I've actually acquired quite the collection because they keeping sending those darn coupons. Anyways, after about two washes several of them were coming apart. Not just a thread here or there, we're talking major unraveling. Normally, I would say whatever but in this case I found it a little ridiculous that they were tearing up so easily. So I took them back to the store (without a receipt mind you, because who keeps a receipt if you get them for free?) The girl looked at me quite confused and had to call for back up on her little head set. In the mean time she said, "Did anyone tell you that you should hand wash these?" I said no. I then said, "You really want me to hand wash cotton panties?" I totally understand why you would be told so for bras...I mean they've got a lot more detail and shape to uphold. Now does that mean I do it? Heck no. Yet if I had one tear up on me I would totally understand. However none of my bras have tore up. But instead my plain cotton panties are the ones biting the dust. I find this a little ridiculous that the quality is so bad that you actually can't wash them in your washing machine. I mean seriously who has the time to hand wash your every day unmentionables?
Needless the say, they did let me do an exchange. And guess what I had more coupons, so I walked out of there with 4 new panties for FREE. Now let's see how fast my washing machine can destroy these!
Ack, I just hate it when free stuff sucks!When people give free stuff, they should be more sincere, instead of giving crappy things. At least you got more freebies :)
ReplyDeleteI too have gotten those coupons but never cashed in on them for fear that they would be the ones that nobody wanted. But to hear that they tear in the wash...that is no good. I would have taken them back too!
ReplyDeleteHope the new ones work out!
I never ever even hand wash the hand wash only! Seems kind of ridiculous, like you said, who has the time!
ReplyDeleteThat's great! Not sure if I would have had the gumption to return them but it's awesome that you did!
ReplyDeleteHAND WASH COTTON PANTIES? Um, no. I've been washing my cotton VS panties for years and only have experienced the fraying after many many washings.
ReplyDeleteI totally would have taken them back! I understand the bras in the washer but not the cotton panties. I've had to return some things to VS and they're return policy is actually pretty liberal, which is nice.
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious! I guess you get what you payed for? haha.
ReplyDeleteYou go girl, get those free panties you have a right to! I take them up on their free panties as well and have been able to keep my stock good.
ReplyDeleteAnd BTW, I would never hand wash underwear. What century is this?
ReplyDeleteHand wash hahaha. You know I've got a couple pairs where the elastic is coming out...they aren't the plain cotton ones but some of the other freebie ones they send coupons out for. Oh well, I think I'll be good on panties for awhile if they keep this coupon thing up!
ReplyDeleteWho handwashes these days? Seriously. Who has the time and isn't there a gentle cycle on all washers. As if someone will handwash. Oh please! I might have answered her with, "What century are we in?!" :)
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy! I have never hand washed any of my cotton VS panties and they are all fine! Do they seriously expect anyone to have time to hand wash every single pair of panties they own?!? I'm glad you went back and got new ones though!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad they let you exchange them. How do you get those coupons for freebies??
ReplyDeleteSince they were free it was worth giving it another go, but no way I'd do hand washing! They're crazy if they expect people to do that!
ReplyDeletei never hand wash the hand wash stuff either! but that is a bit ridiculous if they fall apart after one wash! glad you were able to exchange them for new ones- hope they're better than the first batch!
ReplyDeleteI'd never hand wash either--much too lazy. Maybe they knew of the lack of quality and were just hoping to give them away so you would hopefully buy something additional when you came in. Ah-ha!
ReplyDeleteAwesome.
ReplyDeleteBut the unraveling sounds wierd to me. I machine wash a lot of cotton V-secret panties and they hold up really well.
THAT's ridiculous if you ask me. What's the point in giving them away if they are such crappy quality? My favorite underwear are by Target, so whenever they have them, I stock up. VS is overpriced for what it is. You are case and point in this situation :) Hope you had a great weekend, Natalie!
ReplyDeleteI always get sucked in at Victoria's Secret. It's a real problem. Seriously. You would think that my fiancé would be stoked that I have so much from VS, but now he tells me I am not allowed to buy any more because I have too much. They suck you in!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
Now you've got me debating whether or not to use my coupons. But, free is free even if they don't last long....
ReplyDeleteThat is ridiculous for a pair of cotton panties to fall apart after being in the washing machine. First of all, who has time to hand wash their underwear? Secondly, I would think the washing machine would give a more thorough cleaning than hand washing would.
ReplyDeleteMaybe they send you the crappy quality undies for free, knowing full well they'll shred to pieces and hope you'll come in to purchase another pair???
That is crazy! And yes, there should not be any need to hand wash cotton undies!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I never even thought about handwashing those!
ReplyDeleteI don't hand wash anything. I don't have the time or the patience! ;)
ReplyDeleteWe have a handwash setting on our machine. But I have those panties too and just toss them in the regular cycle. So far they've held up well, but I haven't been getting my coupons lately...
ReplyDeleteGlad you went back and got some new ones! Regardless if they are free or not, they should unravel like that!
ReplyDeleteI always throw those coupons away and just pay full price for what I want. I've never had anything fall apart from VS. Love that place.
ReplyDeleteThey are pretty good at returns and exchanges. I worked at the call center years ago and people would send back stuff that was worn out!
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty shocking that Victoria Secret would give out panties of such poor quality! Well it's a good thing they gave you more coupons! :D
ReplyDeleteoh my - that is total and complete craziness!!! I love the VS cotton panties but had no idea I needed to take care when washing!!! Keep us in the loop on how the new ones hold up - wonder if they've had a change in suppliers:(
ReplyDelete