Monday, July 7, 2014

Fun Holiday Weekend

We had a great holiday weekend. We kicked it off on Thursday with GORGEOUS weather. I might even say at night that it could be called "chilly" and people were talking about sweaters!

We started our 4th of July festivities at a local picnic. Music, robots, watermelon, ice cream, legos, bounce houses, and much more! The boys had a great time.

Conley wanted as much watermelons as he could get his hands on. It was too funny!

The next morning we hit up the same area for the local parade, and the boys had a great time watching the bands and firetrucks.

Before all these festivities, we went to a Fruit and Berry patch. The boys picked blueberries and peaches. I was amazed at Conley's picking skills! It was SO HOT but we survived our first berry patch trip!


After all our fourth activities, we also went to two different parks. I even took Nolan to see Rio 2 at our local dollar movie theater. He loved it! I can't wait to take him to the "Fire & Rescue" Planes movie in a few weeks!

How was your weekend?

Natalie

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun! I love going berry picking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berry picking looks like it was a blast! I think we need to take Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Looks like a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great, busy weekend! We had fun this way too. The only thing I missed was some BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great 4th. I love the idea of the berry picking that day also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys always have so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Conley's got some great hair!
    We celebrated Des' second birthday and Scarlet's birthday is this week. Lots of bounce houses. I love summer so much. I'm actually in denial that it will end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally ADORBS!! We had a fantastic July 4th, too! Such a fun time of year! :)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to go berry picking with Aiden; we seem to always miss the season by a couple weeks. Looks like you guys had such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those 2! Meyer and Conley should have a watermelon eating contest. He was obsessed too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to HATE berry picking! but that was because I was allergic to strawberries so my mom and her sisters always took me to help because they knew I wouldn't eat them all! LOL
    Now I seem to have outgrown the allergy though and do enjoy picking my own much more.

    Our camping trip had the coldest summer nights on record in years. It dropped down to 8 degrees C one night! that is 46 degrees F!!! Thankfully I had packed many extra blankets and warm pjs. And that my husband is basically a portable furnace. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun weekend!

    I've been wanting to take Addie to pick blueberries but we haven't been able to fit it into our schedule yet. I think it's nearing the end of the season so I'll have to mark my calendar early next year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips