Friday, June 20, 2014

Summer is Here!

I don't know about you, but even though the official start of summer is not until tomorrow...it's seriously summer here. The thunderstorms and temps in the 90's tell me so.

The boys and I held down the fort this week while my husband was out of town. But we managed to have some fun and make some simple summertime memories!

One of my KMB contributors, Christie, who is an amazing writing share on KMB about having a simple summer. That those are the memories our children remember. Her post resonated with me, and I hope to not over-schedule the boys. Have fun, do new activities, but also be flexible. That's what summer is all about right?


(My wonderful KMB crew, Christie is third from left)

Nolan started Little Gym camp this week and had a blast. We had some late night ice cream, bubbles, a little art, and my first adventure with both boys to the pool.

Today we're having a home day because sometimes it's nice to be home and play without a schedule.


What are you doing fun this summer?

Natalie

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the summer. I am all for the more laid back days and the fact that we can relax a bit! My kids are both at sleep away camp right now...then we have a beach trip planned...then I hope a month full of nothing but sleeping in and the pool until school starts back!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live for summer. I swear it. The rest is fine and all..but meh.
    I love that photo of you all! It's a pro photo, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I just love this Natalie!! So thankful we are friends and that KMB brought so many awesome mamas together. And seeing your boys dive in to those Menchie's bowls makes me want to go back SO bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you all look SO fabulous in your summer dresses! Love.
    I generally try to offset a day out, with a day at home to follow. Or if we are going to be out many days in a row, it's just half day trips. Except our camping trip -- that's just all day of good, clean, fresh air and sunshine.
    I will not include rain in that list. I will not include rain on that list. I will NOT include rain on that list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have a fun summer ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips