Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Back from the Beach

It's been a whirlwind of a May, as we traveled (the husband and I) to Chicago and then to the beaches of Tybee Island. Throw in a week before with the husband being in Germany for work the week before and you have a big traveling month!

We stayed five nights at the beach and had a great time. I never went to the beach as a little girl, so I love that I get to take the boys at this age. Nolan has been four times, and this is Conley's second time.

They really did so well and had a blast. There were moments of the waves being "scary" but that soon dissipated, and they were full on water boys!


At one point, Nolan was laying on his belly in the waves so Conley had to do the same and copy big brother. It was funny to watch and as one big one came their way, Conley used his surf like reflexes to pop back up. That boy could really be a surfer because he can pop up with the best of them!


We had some great food and of course ICE CREAM. Who doesn't love a night stroll with their favorite flavor? The great thing about where we stayed is we were on the third floor with a view and an elevator. So we literally took the stroller in the condo, and then drove right out into town with it. It was nice not to pile the boys in the car and just be able to walk everywhere.

On Wednesday night, we did drive to The Crab Shack. The boys loved looking and feeding the alligators! They then decided to sit on and check out the "fake" alligator. These boys got up close and personal!


We also visited the Tybee Island Lighthouse. It's 178 stairs, so I wondered if Nolan would go up and down all by himself. (I decided that I didn't want to carry Conley to the top or have my husband so we watched older brother!) I am happy to report that Nolan made it all the way to the top and all the way by himself!


This year we used a beach cart, and I'm SO GLAD we did. It made life so much easier. I highly recommend one if you drive to the beach and have room. Ours folded all the way down and took up no room at all!

The boys were really amazing, and I have to say it was our easiest beach trip yet with the boys. I even got a little bit of sun time in.


Are you planning on a beach trip this summer?

Natalie

16 comments:

  1. So much fun! That gator looks so real! We're headed to FL in a few months, so that will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the beach and will be in the FL Keys next week (just Tim and me for a few days... yay!). Looks like you had a great family time. The boys are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have yet to take the little one to the beach, and I can't wait until we do.
    Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such a great beach vacation! We try to sneak away to the beach whenever we can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fake alligator looked too real for a second for me!
    And isn't ice cream made for beach vacations?
    We're definitely doing Cape Cod as usual, at the family house. I can't wait. Last year was a bust because it was cold and rainy during our whole stay. We made do, but we didn't play in the waves at all. And Des was one but not walking yet so this year will be a new ballgame, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful! Sadly, I think we're taking a year off from the beach this summer. With my pregnancy and kindergarten beginning for our son next month (yes, July - his school is year round), it just doesn't appear that it will work out. Hopefully next year we can go as a family of 4!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful vacation and man May was super busy for you!!! I hope things settle down for you. I am about to hit the busy season here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely trip! We are definitely planning some beach days this summer. We have a local one so we don't have to travel more than 10 minutes. But we will also have our camping trips too. I love getting in as much of the outdoors as I can during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the beach. I can't wait to take the kids. Hopefully we'll go next year! I love that picture on the alligator, but I had to do a double take b/c it looked so real!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like so much fun! I have heard Tybee Island is FABULOUS! We will have to check it out sometime! :)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love the beach, the sand, the waves. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was fun to read because I've been to Tybee and so I recognized the lighthouse and the Crab Shack! :) We had a great time there, and it looks like you did too! Beach vacations are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love the beach! My daughter just asked me to go this morning. Being in L.A. we definitely have some beach babies! They love it!

    You guys sound like you had a blast! Your big boy got a great toddler workout going up all of those steps! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like there were alligators everywhere. What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tybee Island is on the list ... not quite sure how we have not made it there yet. And the little men in their beach outfits - cuteness ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds like a perfect weekend! So awesome that they both like going in the water so much. My older two do but Ryder just hangs out playing in the sand.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips