Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Taking Care of Mom

We all know moms always put themselves last in line.

Well last week started a few activities that were just for me.  Crazy I know, but it all happened to just be around the same time so I was able to spoil myself.

My husband was gone all last week, but my in-laws watched the boys on Thursday night so I could meet up with the KMB team and another local blogger.


Then on Saturday my friend Katie had free passes for a hair blow out at a fairly new blow out salon in town.


Last night I was able to take two of my KMB contributors for a spa massage and ANOTHER hair blow out!  (in exchange for a review on the site)


So I'm feeling pretty pampered and loved.  The fun continues as next week we host our first MNO event that includes champagne and good food!

I'm kind of liking this whole taking care of mom.  When was the last time you took out time to take care of yourself?

Natalie


13 comments:

  1. I love your sweater in the last photo! Can I have it? (I'm kidding)
    I don't do much for myself but my first weekend away in over five years is coming this June, to a blogging conference near you. Well I don't know if it's really near you but that sounded like a movie trailer.
    Blog U in Baltimore! Wheee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I always seem to neglect myself. I definitely need to be pampered every once and awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those times when I get to take care of me. It doesn't happen often enough!

    Your hair looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks awesome, so glad you got to have this fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's been way too long my friend. way too long.
    I haven't had a spa day -- I think since having kids. 9 long years.
    But I have become an expert on just pampering myself at home. it's not so bad - as long as you don't mind Barbie floating in the tub with you. ha
    Enjoy the time!! Soak it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun. It is so important to have time to yourself from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I snuck in a pedicure Monday morning after I taught yoga. Pure heaven. Enjoy the hair blowouts and the good food! Well deserved for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!! It's so important to take care of yourself!! As a matter of fact, as soon as the kids are off to school tomorrow, I'm headed out of town with 5 good girlfriends for a Girls Getaway to the beach!! Whoo Hoo!! It is SO VERY AWESOME. It's just so relaxing...and we all come back to our homes raring to go and refreshed! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, man...I can't even remember! You are so right. A happy mom makes for a happy family. Your hair looks gorgeous and your smile so pretty. I think taking care of yourself suits you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do self-care quite often. It's a must for my sanity. ;) I have recently started massage therapy and it has done wonders for my mental and physical self. Good for you, Natalie, this is SO important!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun!!!! Love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, that is awesome! I think every week should have taking-care-of-mom moments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is awesome! And the blow out looks fabulous Natalie! I went out for dinner with my birthday girlfriends this last weekend - that was a nice treat! We go out for each other's birthdays 7 times a year (there are 7 of us). We've been doing it for 8 years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips