Granted, it was not a beautiful tree (cedar) and a huge fire hazard next to our wood burning stove, but we still did it until the year my mom finally bought a fake tree and said no more.
Since I have had my own house and as married couple, we have always cut down our own tree from local tree farms. We have continued this tradition with the kids, and it is hard to believe Nolan has already been four times, and Conley twice!
This year it was still warm, so we had a great time running around finding the perfect tree.
Do you cut down your own tree? (Oh and it only took me a whole week to get it decorated!)
Natalie
This year it was still warm, so we had a great time running around finding the perfect tree.
Do you cut down your own tree? (Oh and it only took me a whole week to get it decorated!)


How fun! I always tell myself that "this year" we will go cut our tree, but then we end up going to Lowes- ha! Either way, it's still real, which is the best :)
ReplyDeleteYou know...I've never cut our own tree!! there are lots of places to do it here in NC, but we've never done it. It looks like such fun!! Maybe we'll do that next year!! Your pictures are so cute!! --Lisa
ReplyDeleteWhat fun!!! We always use to go.. this year with the puppies we decided to buy a fake tree. It was so easy that I think we will be doing this for a long time to come.. well that and I hope the tree lasts that long after we forked over the cash! ;-) I do miss the adventure of finding the perfect tree :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great tradition! Great pictures, you guys are such a gorgeous family.
ReplyDeleteYour boys are so darling!
ReplyDeleteWe just get our tree from in front of the grocery store or fire station or one of the churches in town.
You may have seen my post..about our 17 foot tree. Luckily we did not cut it down! What a monster of a tree, though. It's certainly memorable to my daughter!
ReplyDeleteWe have an artificial tree but I would LOVE to go chop one down one day! I love that you are continuing this family tradition with your little ones.
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to do this sometime!
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun tradition. Your family is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteYou have such a pretty family! I love Nolan's huge smile in that last photo!
ReplyDeleteWe have never had a real tree in our family because I'm allergic to them. :o( I would love the experience of going and choosing a tree to chop down, though!
Just like you, I have cut my own Christmas tree down since I was a little girl. well, my grandpa did it then and hubby and son do it now: but I am great supervisor! ha I suppose one day we might also give in and get a fake one, but I can't imagine it yet. We spend the whole day at the tree farm sometimes: there is hot cocoa by the bonfire, a skating rink, a sledding hill, horse drawn sleigh rides and a big winter climbing structure. We always run into people we know too. You just can't get that with a fake tree.
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed that you do this! What a lovely tradition!
ReplyDeleteWe get our tree from a tree lot, we never actually chop one down (there is only one farm in the area and it's 2 hours away) but we make a day out of it and make gumbo and watch Emmett Otter while we decorate the tree! :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun thing to do as a family! We have never done that but I don't really think there is anywhere to do it around here... And we have an artificial tree so... but I think your pics and the tradition are wonderful! :)
ReplyDeleteI've done this with my parents. Actually had the good fortune to be home with Dylan as an infant the last time they did so (they now have the fake tree too). We get a real tree each year, but we buy from a store. Thinking perhaps we might go to a farm next year. I've been looking into options close by. Looks like you all had a perfect day! And, it took us a week to decorate too. Kind of nice spreading it out though. :)
ReplyDeleteLove that you do this! We always did growing up; so many good memories of going and looking for the perfect tree. It took us many years to get it right; at first always getting one too tall, then getting them too fat, they look so much smaller out amongst all the trees.
ReplyDeleteAww how fun! We've always just had an artificial tree. I don't know that I could do a real one; I just keep thinking bugs, etc. :/
ReplyDelete